News Disneyland to give Tarzan’s Treehouse a new theme

RSoxNo1

Throwing this out there... The entire thing needs to be relocated or removed entirely. That area is a giant bottleneck.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Throwing this out there... The entire thing needs to be relocated or removed entirely. That area is a giant bottleneck.
The bottleneck was caused by the added tree entrance in the middle of the walkway that was added in the 90's. They are removing that now, so there shouldn't be a bottleneck anymore. The rest of the attraction is not in the walkway.

MoonRakerSCM

People are hating on the tree extension out to the split in the walkway grade... But removing the tree entrance will not change the fact that the walkway splits there. That being said, the area itself is not a bottleneck and there's never an issue next to the tree entrance. The issue in the area is people standing around in front of Bengal barbecue and Indiana Jones either waiting for an order or waiting for they're fastpass/lightning pass. They're always massive amounts of people standing in front of Indiana Jones looking at the times or waiting for family members before getting in line, and Bengal barbecue always has a lot of people especially now standing in front of it waiting for their orders to be ready.

Phroobar

When did Encanto blow up? How did this become a phenom? Is this from the dvd sales or some Disney+ viewing count? Or is just marketing to make us think it did?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
When did Encanto blow up? How did this become a phenom? Is this from the dvd sales or some Disney+ viewing count? Or is just marketing to make us think it did?
Shortly after it went to D+ on Christmas Day.

It was a TikTok phenomenon. Most of the songs stayed on Billboards Hot 100 for months, with Bruno being number 1 for weeks. The album was the top album for weeks and weeks.

Remember the mania for Frozen and Moana? Encanto beat them.

Start here...

Ghost93

Phroobar, you just don't get it. It's MASSIVE, just like Princess and the Frog!!!
Encanto is a legit phenomenon. It wasn't a huge hit in theaters because Disney advertised a very short theatrical window and let everyone know it would be on Disney+ on Christmas Day. But once it hit Disney plus it had AMAZING viewership. The songs also helped it become a viral sensation.

WDWJoeG

Encanto is a legit phenomenon. It wasn't a huge hit in theaters because Disney advertised a very short theatrical window and let everyone know it would be on Disney+ on Christmas Day. But once it hit Disney plus it had AMAZING viewership. The songs also helped it become a viral sensation.
Sure, why not. And the dog ate my homework and the sun got in my eyes.

I like the "nobody paid to see it in theaters, but boy, once it was FREE, it really took off!".

Ghost93

Sure, why not. And the dog ate my homework and the sun got in my eyes.

I like the "nobody paid to see it in theaters, but boy, once it was FREE, it really took off!".
The thing is, there are a lot of movies released to Disney Plus for free that didn't take off. The fact that Encanto has remained popular on the service since September shows that families are rewatching and rewatching it, and that the characters and songs are popular. Movies like Onward and the live-action Mulan didn't receive this level of popularity once they became free on Disney Plus.

I think the fact that Encanto has consistently remained in the top 10 Nielsen ratings since December speaks to its staying power. Soul was widely viewed when it was released for free on Disney Plus in December of 2020, but it didn't have the repeat viewership that Encanto did.

Ghost93

Encanto will be next on the list to stop paying rent. LOL.
I get that not everyone loves the movie, I just don't understand the instance that it's not popular by some on this thread. It's gotten huge repeat viewership in the Nielsen ratings. Not sure why that's in dispute!

As for my own feelings on the movie, I'd say it's somewhere in the middle of the Disney Revival films.

Californian Elitist

I get that not everyone loves the movie, I just don't understand the instance that it's not popular by some on this thread. It's gotten huge repeat viewership in the Nielsen ratings. Not sure why that's in dispute!

As for my own feelings on the movie, I'd say it's somewhere in the middle of the Disney Revival films.
I would simply ignore certain posts, honestly. I wouldn’t put Encanto in anywhere on a favorites list, but it’s clearly popular.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom