News Disneyland to give Snow White’s Scary Adventures dark ride a major facelift in 2020

DanielBB8

I've said many times "Show one response to the SFGate article that agrees and says Disney should change the Snow White Ride". That's not what you did. Telling you that isn't moving a goalpost, that's confirming you haven't met it.
You added “got absolutely no traction and affected no change from Disney.”

That’s the goalpost moving.

yensidtlaw1969

You added “got absolutely no traction and affected no change from Disney.”

That’s the goalpost moving.
It's not like I dismissed it on the grounds of its impact - The example already didn't apply because it was related to Sleeping Beauty and from 2017. Even if it HAD moved people to affect change from Disney it still isn't an example of an emboldened positive response to SFGate.

I only mentioned how inneffectual it was because it suggests that even an example that's relevant to this situation would likely not result in a change to the Snow White ride, and therefore getting worked up about it is probably a waste of time.

If you find an actually relevant example, I'll be happy to ignore whether it proves to be impactful or not and agree that it at least *exists*. But until then . . .

DanielBB8

It's not like I dismissed it on the grounds of its impact - The example already didn't apply because it was related to Sleeping Beauty and from 2017. Even if it HAD moved people to affect change from Disney it still isn't an example of an emboldened positive response to SFGate.

I only mentioned how inneffectual it was because it suggests that even an example that's relevant to this situation would likely not result in a change to the Snow White ride, and therefore getting worked up about it is probably a waste of time.

If you find an actually relevant example, I'll be happy to ignore whether it proves to be impactful or not and agree that it at least *exists*. But until then . . .
Happy to oblige although I admit it’s drowned out by those disagreeing. Plus the article’s author and editor blocked their accounts so their unpopularity sidelined the supporters.
A2012B61-1331-4561-BC8E-66231C8861CD.jpeg
C753F7FB-DF21-425D-8CB2-26ED1768E057.jpeg

Interesting that no one is talking about it including well known right winger Piers Morgan.
62192106-9A48-4BE2-81B5-648548149E3B.jpeg

DanielBB8

This stuff continues to fester years ago. I remembered it.

In 2018, a professor at Osaka University in Japan, Kazue Muta, attacked not only Disney’s “Snow White” but also Disney’s “Sleeping Beauty,” tweeting, as Twitter translated, “The fairy tales of Snow White and Sleeping Princess, ‘The princess woke up from a long sleep with a prince’s kiss,’ are also quasi-obscene crimes of sexually acting against an unconscious partner, if you think calmly. I think there is a reaction that ‘I don’t have such a dream,’ but on the contrary, I would like you to realize that such a fairy tale allows sexual violence.”

yensidtlaw1969

Happy to oblige although I admit it’s drowned out by those disagreeing. Plus the article’s author and editor blocked their accounts so their unpopularity sidelined the supporters.
View attachment 556043View attachment 556044
Interesting that no one is talking about it including well known right winger Piers Morgan.
View attachment 556046
Not even examples of people calling for the ride to change. But I've already agreed it's better to let this go, so, you can have this one - those tweets exist!

DanielBB8

Not even examples of people calling for the ride to change. But I've already agreed it's better to let this go, so, you can have this one - those tweets exist!
Within the Snow White threads, everyone talks about the scene. The argument is whether you believe it should remain or change. Then the representation in the movie or ride will follow. It doesn’t matter if many or few agree or disagree, Disney doesn’t need an army of supporters to make a move. It just needs to have its own confirmation bias.

Sharon&Susan

I don't know about you but for my hobbies I make up controversy about things I like so I can get angry. It's very healthy.

CaptinEO

Stand by this x100 and I appreciate the share as I think more people should read it.

Despite the media making you think there are only "left wing" and "right wing" people, believe it or not it's possible to be an individual.

I can explain why one movie is offensive to me and another is not.

Cars is stereotypes all around and my opinion hasn't changed.

Last edited:

el_super

They just removed the skulls from the Adventureland entrance because of cultural sensitivity. And we still have a couple posters who seemingly are willing to die on the “cancel culture isn’t real” hill. Knock yourselves out.

Cancel Cultural is being made out to be a boogieman... to drive fear and outrage for political gain. Cancel culture as described in the news, doesn't exist.

Change itself, does exist and always has. Like I said before, they changed the name of the Indian War Canoes in 1971 and it wasn't labeled cancel culture then.

mickEblu

Cancel Cultural is being made out to be a boogieman... to drive fear and outrage for political gain. Cancel culture as described in the news, doesn't exist.

Change itself, does exist and always has. Like I said before, they changed the name of the Indian War Canoes in 1971 and it wasn't labeled cancel culture then.

No

Stevek

Apples and Oranges but you know that.

Ok I guys I just dipped back in real quick because I got triggered by the Adventureland news. Carry on having fun in this miserable thread. I’m out.
What adventureland news? Something new beyond the Jungle Cruise changes?

CaptinEO

The will power for people to ignore what's happening around them to suit their beliefs is baffling.

I don't care about politics yet I'd be turning a blind eye to pretend there hasn't been massive censorship and change as of recent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom