News Disneyland to give Snow White’s Scary Adventures dark ride a major facelift in 2020

yensidtlaw1969

You people are exhausting.

The only reason any of this conversation is happening is because of how the SFGate article was reported on by other sources, not the initial article itself. That's the crux of it.

Can you imagine if we could actually get back to talking about the new ride itself? Instead of wallowing for 5 days and 20 pages in a manufactured controversy?

Stevek

The only reason any of this conversation is happening is because of how the SFGate article was reported on by other sources, not the initial article itself. That's the crux of it.

Can you imagine if we could actually get back to talking about the new ride itself? Instead of wallowing for 5 days and 20 pages in a manufactured controversy?
Some of us have been discussing the article itself and our position on it...that obviously progressed into where we are now.

yensidtlaw1969

Some of us have been discussing the article itself and our position on it...that obviously progressed into where we are now.
I know, I was part of that - the progression is what has been exhausting.

I said it before and I'll say it again, some people are just so committed to tripping over daisies. It's unfortunate that it clogs up the thread for everyone else.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Disney is a woke company.

But, Disney doubled down on the prince's kiss.

C͖̜͗̅ǒ̺̼̣͍̿g͕̹̩̣̟̤͈̽̔ͭͫ͛ͮ́n̗̋̐̿ͧí͕̯̭ť̙̝̽̓͡i̐҉̻̮̫̙͙͈v̪̤ͤ̈́͘e̯͙͍͚ͅ ͉̞̣̙̜͇̾d̘̻̣̲̖͋ͮ͋ͭ͌i̩͖̺͈͓ͭ͆̈́ͯ͆͟s̹̱̱̺͚ͥ̓̇͌̀ͭṡ̵̭͈̲͙̬̹̖͂͗o̞̫̝͔ͩͯ̕ṉ̦̿͌̐̊ͭ̃́aͮ̀͌̀͛ͮn͉̭̦̦͙͚̂͆̉ċ̟̣͎̎̔͆ͪ̄ͩe͉̞͚̠̳ͨ̊͋̌͑̐!͍͚͉̹̇ͬ̉̊͌͂͝!̮͙̜͍̙̭͈!̺̽ͯ̚!͕͎̫̘͛̒̒͌ͥ̒!͓͓͈͕͔̟̣ͯ̓ͪ͒ͤ̋͜

Homemade Imagineering

This this this this this this this this 1 billion times more. It’s time to move on from this.

DanielBB8

Where are links to the reporting on the article by other sources to have this separate discussion that never happened?

I would prefer people to not mischaracterize the discussion so far. Maybe discuss the ride if you’re still interested.

RunningKoen

Where are links to the reporting on the article by other sources to have this separate discussion that never happened?

I would prefer people to not mischaracterize the discussion so far. Maybe discuss the ride if you’re still interested.
I found three ones within a minute, all outside of the usa. Everyone mentions the article.
It (re)started the discussion, no doubt about that.

https://www.rtlnieuws.nl/nieuws/buitenland/artikel/5228911/sneeuwwitje-van-disney-cancel-culture (Dutch)

https://www.telegraaf.nl/nieuws/195...sen-kan-niet-meer-verkeerde-les-voor-kinderen (Dutch)

https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/nl/2021/05/06/sneeuwwitje-en-de-controversiele-kus/ ( Belgian)

DanielBB8

Yes, we are ready to start over discussing the other sources to get back on track. Then we can discuss the ride 20 pages later.

RunningKoen

Yes, we are ready to start over discussing the other sources to get back on track. Then we can discuss the ride 20 pages later.
You asked for sources. Three post back. Not gonna quote your own post again.

Edit: it's surreal to assume that this topic will be just an discussion about the ride only in the current situation. The entire consent and/or cancel culture elements are (slightly) linked to the new ride. So it will pop up.

DanielBB8

You asked for sources. Three post back. Not gonna quote your own post again.

Edit: it's surreal to assume that this topic will be just an discussion about the ride only in the current situation. The entire consent and/or cancel culture elements are (slightly) linked to the new ride. So it will pop up.
But those outside sources were not utilized in the discussion with extensive quotations, thus the discussion became its own feedback loop. Heck, the original article wasn’t even read by the posters carefully. So we should absolutely have a do over. Or maybe not, but I’ll leave it here for consideration.

mickEblu

It’s happening

4CC2B97C-21A5-4E49-8361-BC8D5044CF47.jpeg

yensidtlaw1969

For those claiming no one is trying to cancel Snow White. Here is the snowballing in its final form.

This article, if you take the time to read the whole thing, actually completely disproves your point, but go off I guess.

milordsloth

This article, if you take the time to read the whole thing, actually completely disproves your point, but go off I guess.
Not really, the article ends with the sentence: "That said, given Disney’s eagerness to tippex their past, I wouldn’t bet on a happily ever after for Prince Charming and his charmless kiss."

yensidtlaw1969

Not really, the article ends with the sentence: "That said, given Disney’s eagerness to tippex their past, I wouldn’t bet on a happily ever after for Prince Charming and his charmless kiss."
No, give the whole quote - it says this:

"The Snow White story, then, endures because it is memorable – but also infinitely flexible. It bends to accommodate the concerns of each storyteller and their times. But, of course, this means that, a few decades down the line, it is likely to get caught out when those priorities change. That said, given Disney’s eagerness to tippex their past, I wouldn’t bet on a happily ever after for Prince Charming and his charmless kiss."

*A few decades down the line*. The writer is theorizing that ONE day, MAYBE, far in the future, the story might again evolve with the culture, which, as the article sets to prove at length, is what it has always done.

In other words, Times change. So too does Snow White. But the story isn't being "canceled", it just may change with the times again one day.

The article is attempting to calm the flames, not fan them.

milordsloth

No, give the whole quote - it says this:

"The Snow White story, then, endures because it is memorable – but also infinitely flexible. It bends to accommodate the concerns of each storyteller and their times. But, of course, this means that, a few decades down the line, it is likely to get caught out when those priorities change. That said, given Disney’s eagerness to tippex their past, I wouldn’t bet on a happily ever after for Prince Charming and his charmless kiss."

*A few decades down the line*. The writer is theorizing that ONE day, MAYBE, far in the future, the story might again evolve with the culture, which, as the article sets to prove, is what it has always done.

In other words, "Times change. So too does Snow White. But it's not in immediate danger". It's attempting to calm the flames, not fan them.
I read it more as we are now decades down the line, and with Disney's eagerness to change problematic scenes recently, the author doesn't see the kiss surviving for long.

ETA: If it was trying to calm the flames, that headline was a poor choice.

yensidtlaw1969

I read it more as we are now decades down the line, and with Disney's eagerness to change problematic scenes recently, the author doesn't see the kiss surviving for long.

ETA: If it was trying to calm the flames, that headline was a poor choice.
I think the selection of the headline was intended to secure readers. Since clearly inflammatory headlines about Snow White have gotten pleny of attention recently.

All the evidence we need of Disney's opinion of the scene is on display at Disneyland as of last week - they JUST installed the Kiss Scene at Disneyland. They clearly have no problem with it. The opinion of one reviewer clearly isn't going to change that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom