News Disneyland to give Snow White’s Scary Adventures dark ride a major facelift in 2020

mickEblu

It spirals out of control because people react the way you did, with outrage.

I’m not outraged at the article. I’m more confused by some posters reactions here. And no I don’t think any of my posts on WDW magic in the Disneyland forum is why it ended it up on KTLA 5 evening news a couple nights ago. Nice try though.

Also how did I know that you would only address that last line of my post? Damn I’m good. Or you re just predictable.

Practical Pig

In the fairy-tale context of Snow White, I don't think the prince kissing the cursed "corpse" goodbye, unwittingly breaking the curse, is a violation of our current understanding of consent at all. It can serve as a catalyst for a discussion about consent, but it really is a weak contender for that with all the real-world offenses there are to serve that function.

This is all hot air.

Californian Elitist

In the fairy-tale context of Snow White, I don't think the prince kissing the cursed "corpse" goodbye, unwittingly breaking the curse, is a violation of our current understanding of consent at all. It can serve as a catalyst for a discussion about consent, but it really is a weak contender for that with all the real-world offenses there are to serve that function.

This is all hot air.
Exactly.

George Lucas on a Bench

3rp6Djo.gif

Castle Cake Apologist

Nope. Must be verbal consent. Preferably written in stone if at all possible

Oh neat, more straw men.

Who said that? I personally said that verbal consent isn't always necessary. Just as I and others have repeatedly stated that non-consensual advances aren't inherently problematic, because context matters. But I guess you've chosen to keep fighting points that nobody is making.

For what it's worth, nobody "attacked" you. I responded to a questionable statement that you made about the nature of consent, to which you got super defensive, which led to a much larger conversation with a bunch of others, most of whom did not agree with you. Welcome to a discussion.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Oh neat, more straw men.

Who said that? I personally said that verbal consent isn't always necessary. Just as I and others have repeatedly stated that non-consensual advances aren't inherently problematic, because context matters. But I guess you've chosen to keep fighting points that nobody is making.

For what it's worth, nobody "attacked" you. I responded to a questionable statement that you made about the nature of consent, to which you got super defensive, which led to a much larger conversation with a bunch of others, most of whom did not agree with you. Welcome to a discussion.

Lol oh you guys were the ones saying context matters? I could of sworn it was me repeating that over and over. Also who used the word “attacked.” Stop making things up. I didn’t get defensive. I was stating my opinions as I always do and ruffled some feathers. It kind of always goes like that. I make a general statement disagreeing with Disney or a stupid article and someone takes offense to that and it goes from there. Its rarely, if ever me taking offense to what another poster says that sparks the discussion.

The Aracuan Bird

While his initial statements were certainly questionable, the approach that several took was to gang up on him. Hence provoking defensive counter statements, rather than much intellectual discourse (though raven tried).

I don’t think we’re getting anywhere else with this debate. I think some good points were made about how the scene does objectively show a non consensual act, but the context of the ride may not justify its removal.

I think it would probably be best if we move on to discussing other aspects of the attraction, and etc.

DanielBB8

It spirals out of control because people react to headlines the way you did, with outrage, instead of a simple acknowledgement of a criticism that is not new.
It’s funny how everyone says they are not outraged. Yet the accusations of outrage flies out so easily with thumbs up from the usual suspects that tell us they aren’t outraged. There’s consensus that they don’t like the headlines from the news media as if they don’t want this secret to be revealed. This is the first attempt to kneecap Snow White and it won’t be the last.

lazyboy97o

It’s funny how everyone says they are not outraged. Yet the accusations of outrage flies out so easily with thumbs up from the usual suspects that tell us they aren’t outraged. There’s consensus that they don’t like the headlines from the news media as if they don’t want this secret to be revealed. This is the first attempt to kneecap Snow White and it won’t be the last.
Secret? Criticism of Disney’s princesses isn’t new or secret. But continue with your usual bullocks.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom