News Disneyland to give Snow White’s Scary Adventures dark ride a major facelift in 2020

Homemade Imagineering

I hate the internet.

This is literally the opinion of *one* idiot and now it has blown up, and now people think this is something huge groups of people actually want or that this is something they should be worried about when it's not.
This. Literally, NO ONE, was asking for this at all. But hey, I guess you’ve gotta garner those sweet clicks somehow. 🙄

trolol123

I'll just say, if someone grows up to drug women and commit some form of date rape (my apologies if that is too explicit for a Disney forum), I seriously doubt a Disney dark ride that you have to pay $100 dollars to gain access to even ride was the impetus for it.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
585hyl.jpg

The Aracuan Bird

I'll just say, if someone grows up to drug women and commit some form of date rape (my apologies if that is too explicit for a Disney forum), I seriously doubt a Disney dark ride that you have to pay $100 dollars to gain access to even ride was the impetus for it.
Even if it was, that isn’t what’s happening here. They can’t be held responsible. Snow expresses extreme interest in the prince before she goes under.

CaptinEO

Shut 'er down-

Hahaha. This is exactly what they get for being the "socially responsible reactive company" that bends to public demand.

Good. I love Snow White and think the kiss is fine.

Disney has portrayed that they react to all public outrage, of course people are going to continue to play the hand of being offended. This is their own doing and I'm laughing from the sidelines.

George Lucas on a Bench

Hahaha. This is exactly what they get for being the "socially responsible reactive company" that bends to public demand.

Good. I love Snow White and think the kiss is fine.

Disney has portrayed that they react to all public outrage, of course people are going to continue to play the hand of being offended. This is their own doing and I'm laughing from the sidelines.

I tend to agree that they've basically enabled this type of stuff at this point.

Sharon&Susan

This. Literally, NO ONE, was asking for this at all. But hey, I guess you’ve gotta garner those sweet clicks somehow. 🙄
Yeah, if this was a thing that a good amount of people actually cared about, we would've heard outrage the moment it was announced.

They're just cashing in on the Disneyland reopening hype through clickbait.

mickEblu

Well KTLA 5 just reported that Disney is receiving “criticisms” for the ending of the new Snow White ride. Nothing about from where or how many people or that it’s just one article. I hope Disney comes out with a logical strong statement to let these people know they still run the company

Last edited:

DLR92

I don’t understand some people...they need to rewatch the movie and understand the plot!

Even Sailor Moon “dies” and receives a kiss from her own prince!!! No one bats an eye about that in Japan! LOL

CaptinEO

Well KTLA 5 just reported that Disney is receiving “criticisms” for the ending of the new Snow White ride. Nothing about from where or how many people or that it’s May one article. I hope Disney comes out with a logical strong statement to let these people know they still run the company
If the "controversial ride scene" was made by Walt Disney I'm sure they'd be condemning it and promising change.

Because this version is made by modern WDI, not a chance they will revise it.

Have people not seen the movie or read the Fairytale. Have they seen Sleeping Beauty? Same ending as Snow White.

CaptinEO

This idea that the criticism of Snow White’s ending is only one person is just not true. Just like it wasn’t true that nobody was criticizing the Jungle Cruise or Splash Mountain. The criticism of Disney’s princess films and their portrayal of women have existed for years now. It’s not new and not just one person.
Maybe Snow White and Sleeping Beauty will be "cancelled" now. AKA you will have to find one of the 30 million home video copies to see it. That way it's erased from history forever!

Brer Panther

This is literally the opinion of *one* idiot and now it has blown up, and now people think this is something huge groups of people actually want
Just like the Splash Mountain retheme!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

NOTE: I am not trying to imply that people offended by Splash Mountain are idiots. But the Splash Mountain situation was indeed the opinion (or idea, rather) of one guy that blew up and gained traction for some reason.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom