News Disneyland to give Snow White’s Scary Adventures dark ride a major facelift in 2020

Little Green Men

Saw Justin's video (granted it is heavily edited) but the presentation looked fantastic to me. Loved the little leota-esque version of the witch!

TDO needs to make the case for cloning the attraction to the MK. IMO.

And while they're at it, get the same team to similarly enhance the Little Mermaid ride at the MK.

And bring back Mr Toad. 🐸
I still prefer the MK version which was an extra minute long, but the enhancements would’ve been nice. Oh well, it’s not in existence anymore as it is.

jt04

I still prefer the MK version which was an extra minute long, but the enhancements would’ve been nice. Oh well, it’s not in existence anymore as it is.

All these new technologies (starting largely with MMRR) really are revitalizing the traditional Fantasyland Disney dark ride. I've changed my mind that the concept was obsolete.

jt04

I think the forced perspective is what makes it so appealing. I typically find that screen projections portraying characters at a “distance” is more impressive, for whatever reason. This one’s no different.

Agreed. They are mastering the art of mixing sets and animation. I still think there is more potential to be mined 💎 at Imagineering with these new technologies.

Can't wait to see what they do with the PatF at WDW. 😀

The Aracuan Bird

Agreed. They are mastering the art of mixing sets and animation. I still think there is more potential to be mined 💎 at Imagineering with these new technologies.

Can't wait to see what they do with the PatF at WDW. 😀
Their mixing of screens and physical sets is extremely hit or miss. In some cases, like the new witch on the cliff, the butterflies on Alice, and the opening scene of Runaway Railway, the blending is seamless.

But most of the time, they put a screen in an attractive frame, and the effect isn’t as remotely convincing. Ie. the Dwarfs on a log in enchanted wish, Navi River, the White Rabbit in Alice, Gran Fiesta Tour, the backdrops on Frozen, Toy Story Mania, etc.

Little Green Men

Their mixing of screens and physical sets is extremely hit or miss. In some cases, like the new witch on the cliff, the butterflies on Alice, and the opening scene of Runaway Railway, the blending is seamless.

But most of the time, they put a screen in an attractive frame, and the effect isn’t as remotely convincing. Ie. the Dwarfs on a log in enchanted wish, Navi River, the White Rabbit in Alice, Gran Fiesta Tour, the backdrops on Frozen, Toy Story Mania, etc.
The NRJ work well i think

britain

I saw it mentioned, but here's Justin Scarred's video. His commentary aside, his footage is the real deal: 4K, low light, high frame rate allowing slowed down motion to capture all the detail, wide angle lenses to grasp the whole scene, the works!

Great little details.

Castle Cake Apologist

I saw it mentioned, but here's Justin Scarred's video. His commentary aside, his footage is the real deal: 4K, low light, high frame rate allowing slowed down motion to capture all the detail, wide angle lenses to grasp the whole scene, the works!

Great little details.

That's the best view we've had yet of the gorgeous little tunnel to the left of the mine entrance! 😍

el_super

These people are miserable and they won’t rest until everyone else in the world has as much of a miserable and joyless life as them.

Did you even read the article? It started like this:

Let's get this out of the way first: Snow White's Enchanted Wish, the revamped ride that replaced Snow White's Scary Adventures in Disneyland, is really good. The attraction preserves much of the charm of what originally opened in 1955 at the park's debut, but gives it a more cohesive storyline that's true to the 1938 movie.​
Doesn't sound like someone who is miserable.

The story of the original Snow White is ... archaic based on today's standards. There is nothing incongruent with pointing out out the obvious social flaws in the story, and the awkwardness of the ending, while still enjoying it as an important representation of early Disneyland and Walt's original movie.

It's weird to consistently see these dismissive attacks when one would think that elevating theme park rides to the point of commentary, is the true goal of the fan, eager to elevate the work.

Castle Cake Apologist

That mirror smashing scene is so tacky. It is technically impressive, but it doesn’t fit the tone of the film nor the ride. It also makes the ride feel more rushed.

I don't even find it technically impressive... it's a projection of a mirror shattering on a screen shaped like a mirror. It's placement is also ridiculous, just kind of shoved under the bridge.

The Aracuan Bird

I don't even find it technically impressive... it's a projection of a mirror shattering on a screen shaped like a mirror. It's placement is also ridiculous, just kind of shoved under the bridge.
The way that the glass shards appear to scatter off the mirror is convincing.

But the placement is bizarre, the sound effect is beyond corny, and overall feels out of place in a ride that generally sticks to capturing the art direction and sound of the 1937 Classic.

britain

Oh gosh…

Sigh.....

The girl is DEAD!!! Fine, under a curse of sleeping death.

See, this it's crap like this that gives 'wokeness' a bad name and distracts society from meaningful issues that need addressing.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom