News Disneyland to give Snow White’s Scary Adventures dark ride a major facelift in 2020

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I'm impressed with this update. Looks like a lot of care went into it. Sure they toned down some of the scarier elements, but overall it still provides enough of the darker tones to get the point across. The projection mapping additions are also a great plussing of the attraction, including the queen/witch on the cliff.

Overall I say this along with the other FL plussings shows that TDA still cares about DL and its classic attractions.

Californian Elitist

Looks like they removed the death scene from the attraction. The ending is...interesting. An improvement from what was there before, but not sure I agree with the order yet. I’ll have the take another look.

The only thing I hate is the new queue voiceover. Watching this brought back a wave of nostalgia from when I was a Fantasyland CM.

choco choco

Good quality ride through!

a) So they did get rid of the scary forest part. But it's actually ok? The witch's basement parts still hold the scariness. The all-important queen-hag transformation is still there (so at least they didn't go the Fantasmic route).

b) It doesn't seem like they slowed down the ride, but looking at the ride time it seems true. The ride was probably too fast before.

c) I think there is a better conception of the Snow White mirror scene. Probably an animatronic of her arm falling to the floor and the apple rolling away (basically like what was in the movie). Implication is often more menacing.

d) The scenes at the end are terrific. Makes good use of small spaces. Intimacy is often the key to immersiveness, Disney. And no millions in newfangled gobbledygook will ever change that.

e) For the umpteenth time, why can't Disney make rides like this anymore? Everything now is either a blockbuster mega-E or spinners. But I've always considered these 4 seater dark rides the heart of all the castle parks. I'd take another one of these over any new "land."

DanielBB8

2+ minutes of the ride is the same. Less than 1 minute of new content and it seems to go by fast. You have to ride it again to take it in. Sure, the haunted forest is gone, but it's still a bit scary for kids. Snow White was still lured by the ugly witch-queen with the poison apple. These scary elements remained intact. I wished they removed more of the witch and had more of the prince since he's her Enchanted Wish.

CaptinEO

Snow White preshow full transcript:

Doc: "Recruits! The evil Queen has escaped to her castle. We need you to hunt her down. Remember remain seated and no eating, drinking, smoking-"

Sneezy: "ACHOOO"

Doc: "Or sneezing... Now listen recruits, we need your help, you will enter through the forest and journey into the cellar of her Castle. Locate the Queen, capture her, and bring her to us! Recruits, you are our only hope!"

Grumpy: "And don't mess up!"

disneyC97

I'm impressed with this update. Looks like a lot of care went into it. Sure they toned down some of the scarier elements, but overall it still provides enough of the darker tones to get the point across. The projection mapping additions are also a great plussing of the attraction, including the queen/witch on the cliff.

Overall I say this along with the other FL plussings shows that TDA still cares about DL and its classic attractions.
This x100!

CaptinEO

Post show transcript:

Doc: Yipee! I knew you could do it! Good job!

Sleepy: I sure could use a nap

Happy: That was amazing! You are great!

Snow White: Thank you all for your help friends, and may all your wishes come true!

Bashful: "Ooooo gosssssh!"

Last edited:

George Lucas on a Bench

I was okay with the changes until the random projection of her eating the apple. From there on, its all downhill. We lose the tone of the ride, the through line and instead just jump to different moments. It feels so jumbled and book reporty rather than a journey.

Reminds me of how they rapidly advanced the "story" in the Mermaid Ride with some screens showing things happening.

britain

Ok, so in a nutshell, bubbly science equipment has replaced skeletons, and the number of giant books/mirrors used as storytelling devices has doubled. All in all, looks fine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom