News Disneyland to give Snow White’s Scary Adventures dark ride a major facelift in 2020

MagicWDI

It's a queue exit, or an exit for the queue area. Not the attraction exit, which seems to be in the same area as before. But I do have to admit I did a double take when I first saw the video.

waltography

Apologies if this was mentioned already, but I remember there was earlier discussion on if the Evil Queen was being removed/replaced. I checked out the park app today and at some point they’ve already updated the ride description, and it appears to confirm that the Evil Queen is remaining. Yay!

01F9A170-AD40-4CC1-9697-6DD36DF45E8B.jpeg

SuddenStorm

In a new interview, Tony Baxter raved about the redo of Snow White. He said it's emotionally satisfying and is a huge improvement over what was there before. He also said they slowed the ride down by 25%, so it's now a longer attraction. He said it's now up there with Alice and Pan and Toad (he didn't mention Pinocchio), and describes it as a must ride.

Mac Tonight

In a new interview, Tony Baxter raved about the redo of Snow White. He said it's emotionally satisfying and is a huge improvement over what was there before. He also said they slowed the ride down by 25%, so it's now a longer attraction. He said it's now up there with Alice and Pan and Toad (he didn't mention Pinocchio), and describes it as a must ride.
And Disney's not paying him to say that, so that has to mean something.

SuddenStorm

And Disney's not paying him to say that, so that has to mean something.

Exactly. Tony's pretty good at keeping his thoughts genuine- if he doesn't like something he'll sidestep the question. There's also a difference between saying something generic like "Walt Disney always said Disneyland would change and this honors that tradition" and "Oh my goodness it's a must ride they fixed it and the new effects are amazing and it's emotionally satisfying"

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Exactly. Tony's pretty good at keeping his thoughts genuine- if he doesn't like something he'll sidestep the question. There's also a difference between saying something generic like "Walt Disney always said Disneyland would change and this honors that tradition" and "Oh my goodness it's a must ride they fixed it and the new effects are amazing and it's emotionally satisfying"
I relistened to his Season Pass podcast interviews when I was driving to Vegas last November and I've always enjoyed his thoughtfulness and honesty. He's not afraid to say when he thinks something is a miss at the parks but he always gives a thoughtful and meaningful explanation as to why.

180º

That’s pretty reassuring, and the tidbit that they slowed the ride down 25% is a huge surprise. I can’t wait!

Disney Analyst

That’s pretty reassuring, and the tidbit that they slowed the ride down 25% is a huge surprise. I can’t wait!

Did not expect that, that's for sure. I wonder if the old speed just doesn't match the new feel of the ride.

The faster paced frantic speed worked for the run away/hide from the Evil Queen on the old ride, and I bet it just felt a bit off with whatever they've done.

Inspired Figment

Where can this new interview be found?

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Where can this new interview be found?
I'm assuming this post was related:

mickEblu

I’m intrigued and happy to hear this. I wonder what he’ll have to say about the Splash change. Where’d you hear this interview? Interesting he doesn’t mention Pinocchio, the one FL dark ride he worked on from scratch. Not that I disagree with his assessment. Hopefully Pinocchio isn’t on the chopping block. I wouldn’t mind it getting a little love though.

Anyway hopefully the Snow White ride is better than it’s new facade, new poster and new name.

SuddenStorm

I’m intrigued and happy to hear this. I wonder what he’ll have to say about the Splash change. Where’d you hear this interview? Interesting he doesn’t mention Pinocchio, the one FL dark ride he worked on from scratch. Not that I disagree with his assessment. Hopefully Pinocchio isn’t on the chopping block. I wouldn’t mind it getting a little love though.

Anyway hopefully the Snow White ride is better than it’s new facade, new poster and new name.

Here's the link- https://www.magicalmasterclass.com/parkscon21-access

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom