News Disneyland to give Snow White’s Scary Adventures dark ride a major facelift in 2020

VJ

My bad! I must have missed that post. Yes, many of them were and are fantastic.

I do enjoy the Mr. Toad poster they came up with a few years back - I don't know if I'd quite put it at the level of the classics, but it does a decent job capturing the vibe of the originals and feels like it's older than it is. Does anyone remember the actual year it was released?

View attachment 545993
2010, it seems.
https:///2010/04/new-retro-style-di...-mr-toad-jungle-cruise-and-tarzans-treehouse/

Sharon&Susan

Honestly fooled me with the Mr Toad poster. Did it have one before?
Peter Pan's Flight poster mentioned all the other Fantasyland courtyard dark rides:
1617847297957.png

yensidtlaw1969

2010, it seems.
https:///2010/04/new-retro-style-di...-mr-toad-jungle-cruise-and-tarzans-treehouse/
Thank you!!
I don't think it did; at least, if it did, it's not coming up on Google Images.
It did not - this was Toad's first Poster outside a small mention on the Peter Pan poster. It only took them 55 years to give him his own, apparently!

mickEblu

Thank you!!

It did not - this was Toad's first Poster outside a small mention on the Peter Pan poster. It only took them 55 years to give him his own, apparently!

I completely forgot the Toad poster wasn’t made in the 50s. The artist did a really good job of matching it with the style of some of the earlier stuff but it also explains why it’s not one of my faves. The early posters are masterful. The Toad poster is good but I’d put it a notch or two below the early stuff.

waltography

Shame that the posters that the posters they did for DCA 2.0 were only seemingly made for merchandising purposes would've been nice to find a location for them somewhere in the park.
I guess it's because there's no ephemeral starting location for DCA like there is at Disneyland (where the tunnels give way to Main Street); from the turnstiles you're in 1920s LA. It would be fun to see attraction posters integrated into the lands they're in though (a better version of what they've been doing with those Adventures by Disney posters at Disneyland).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom