News Disneyland to give Snow White’s Scary Adventures dark ride a major facelift in 2020

mickEblu

I don’t like any attraction posters where the characters are so big and are main focus. I prefer the simple designs from the 50s or 60s that elicited a mood and were focused on the ride vehicle, attraction or atmosphere. The Alice in Wonderland attraction poster would be an exception but even then it’s very unique, uses great colors and and captures the mood of the attraction perfectly.

This new poster looks like a VHS cover from the 90s.

Sharon&Susan

I don’t like any attraction posters where the characters are so big and are main focus. I prefer the simple designs from the 50s or 60s that elicited a mood and were focused on the ride vehicle, attraction or atmosphere. The Alice in Wonderland attraction poster would be an exception but even then it’s very unique, uses great colors and and captures the mood of the attraction perfectly.

1617672508993.png

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I agree. nothing subtle about that poster

George Lucas on a Bench

I guess. Maybe. Kinda. Sorta? Not exactly. I don't know. Just looks like generic pirate with a parrot, but it's everything you'd need to see. Really, the name alone sells the thing. You don't find that anymore even with attraction names. They all sound like crap now.

BayouShack

I hope Imagineers take this opportunity to elevate all the dark rides to tell satisfying, complete stories.

I've even "Armchair Imagineered" exactly what those clever Imagineers should do with Alice in Wonderland. :)

"Alice's Wondrous Wish"
Alice wishes for a more wondrous world than her dull, posh life England. The beginning of the ride, up to the flower section, is replaced with a stunning British garden scene. Meander across the pond towards the tree under which Alice's sister reads aloud a story. This high tech animatronic breaks new grounds: watch closely and you'll see her fingers actually flip the pages. The lighting in the room will suddenly change to signal you entering a psychedelic dream sequence! The Mad Tea Party sequence is relocated as the next scene, replacing the frightening Tulgey Woods with something more merry! Imagineers honor the legacy of Walt Disney's Original Classic by placing the Mad Tea Party scene into a location that reflects its place in the film's plot. The Queen of Heart's Rose Garden doesn't need much fixing, beyond another high tech animatronic representing Her Majesty's fury. Gently glide back down towards the final bonus room. As you enter, you hear Alice repeating "Alice Wake-Up." Images whirl across projection screens which display disjointed memories from her wondrous dream. A final animatronic of Alice's sister scolds you for falling asleep during her story... and using the magic of Blue Tooth technology she even addresses your party by each of their names! "Gus, wake up! Shannon, wake up! Olivia, wake up!"

sister.jpg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
RIP, Snow White Scary Adventures. Isn't progress great? The new inclusive baby version of Snow White banishes all the coolest stuff to wherever Trader Sam, the Redhead, Rocket Rods and the Haunted Mansion mirrors ended up, and surely where Splash Mountain is headed. The dump.
I'm so angry that the woke cancel culture crowd got rid of Rocket Rods!!

Figments Friend

Be happy they didn’t turn yours into a princess meet-and-greet!

This.

I am still disappointed that WDW's version was removed and replaced with that waste of valuable space.

Tony Baxter worked on the WDW version of 'Snow White's Adventures'....and it showed.
It was one of the first projects he was tasked with by Claude Coates once he was hired by WDI for developing Attractions for the soon to open Florida Property.

I loved that version - the opening scene before you enter the building, the slight differences inside, and the actual 'happy ending' scene this version had.

Still stings to walk by there now and know it is all gone.

-

ToTBellHop

This.

I am still disappointed that WDW's versions was removed and replaced with this waste of valuable space.

Tony Baxter worked on the WDW version of 'Snow White's Adventures'....and it showed.
Once of the first projects he was tasked with by Claude Coates once he was hired by WDI.

I loved that version - the opening scene before you enter the building, the slight differences inside, and the actual 'happy ending' scene.

-
The pitiful number of Fantasyland dark rides in the MK Fantasyland really is insulting. “Blessing of size,” my butt.

PiratesMansion

The pitiful number of Fantasyland dark rides in the MK Fantasyland really is insulting. “Blessing of size,” my butt.
Made all the more insulting that the former Toad was unique and very good, and the original Snow White was fascinating.

But sure, keep the least interesting of the original rides and replace it with a very-much-ok Pooh ride to sell the plush...

Brer Panther

This.

I am still disappointed that WDW's version was removed and replaced with that waste of valuable space.

It was one of the first projects he was tasked with by Claude Coates once he was hired by WDI for developing Attractions for the soon to open Florida Property.

I loved that version - the opening scene before you enter the building, the slight differences inside, and the actual 'happy ending' scene this version had.

-
I wouldn't have minded so much if they replaced it with another dark ride, but a meet-and-greet? Seriously?

Brer Oswald

Oh it’s absolutely terrible. I did a count. The number of Fantasyland rides from opening to today at WDW are equal. Even after a major overhaul, the net total of attractions in the land has not changed.

Magic Kingdom is the most attended theme park in the world. The wasted space in Fantasyland is insane.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom