News Disneyland to give Snow White’s Scary Adventures dark ride a major facelift in 2020

PostScott

I’ll have to disagree. Snow Whites Enchanted Wish is one of the worst attraction names I’ve ever heard.
While it isn't the best, I'd take it any day over The Seas with Nemo and Friends, Roger Rabbit Cartoon Spin, Gadget Go Coaster, Incredicoaster, Web Slingers: A Spider-man Adventure, Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout!, Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for the Sunken Treasure, Jet Packs, Hunny Pot Spin, Monsters Inc Ride & Go Seek, Prince Charming Regal Carousel, Crush's Coaster, and Ratatouille: The Adventure!

Maybe they should add "Adventure" at the end to make it more exciting. Seems like a common theme among Disney attractions.

Sharon&Susan

Are you all sure that's the new name of the ride? I've done a Google search for "Snow White's Enchanted Wish", and I haven't seen anything. Nothing related to this, anyway.
@swge claims to have some sort of insider knowledge about the (according to them) already finished refurbishment that is not public knowledge. They've already posted a ride synopsis in the past about the refurbed ride.

I definitely lean on the side of what they say is true, but since it's only a rumor for right now take it all with a grain of salt.

mharrington

@swge claims to have some sort of insider knowledge about the (according to them) already finished refurbishment that is not public knowledge. They've already posted a ride synopsis in the past about the refurbed ride.

I definitely lean on the side of what they say is true, but since it's only a rumor for right now take it all with a grain of salt.

Can I see where they posted the ride synopsis?

Sharon&Susan

Can I see where they posted the ride synopsis?

"Major facelift" is an understatement

This attraction was completely reworked to reach its absolute greatest potential.

Think the classic original, Florida mine train, and Paris dark ride had a technologically advanced baby

I say was bc the attraction is complete and is just undergoing animation/cycling tests at the moment. If testing continues to go well, it is expected to open with the park whenever that is....

The ride definitely got the Alice facelift, with new projections/lighting to add animation around the entire attraction such as birds etc.
But Disney also took this opportunity to completely rework the whole attraction experience... changing entire scenes from the ground up and even adding great additions to the already accepted and beloved scenes throughout.

Yes, the attraction will get re-branded most likely just taking "scary" out of the name.

But taking the scary out of this ride wasn't the only objective...

The dwarfs on the cliff have been moved to a different part of the attraction apparently (don't know if I believe that as I can't think of a single space that could fit all of them and still make sense w the story)

The mine scene has been completely redone w new jewels, sets, props, and dwarf figures including the iconic Dopey with his diamond eyes seen in mine train in Florida

the Queen transformation scene is still in but the dungeon after has been redone removing the gargoyles and potentially other props that were scarier than needed to be

the hag still remains with her apple behind the cauldron but her apple doesn't turn into a skull anymore and there will be added skull animations here apparently.

Everything after this has been completely redone

No more hag on her boat offering apples

No more scary forest

No scary hag surprise ending w the holographic hand

No scary rainy cliff w the hag death scene

You'll now enter a beautiful lush green forest with flowers, animals, and a sleeping Snow White figure being kissed by her Prince behind a scrim which I'm guessing will be used for projection animation

The finale will be Snow and Ferdinand waving goodbye on a cliff with woodland creatures wishing guests farewell (similar to Paris but less creepy)

While yes there will be lots of projections, they're only there to add animation onto already existing physical pieces. Nobody is getting replaced by flat screens so we can all return to our benches and relax again ;)

However, while we are getting a lot of new characters, I personally believe that all the new additions won't be crazy audio animatronics but will be static figures..

Also the audio for the whole attraction has been redone and remastered

Written above aren't all of the additions implemented to the attraction but just the notable ones.. expect more nitty gritty details at a later time.

For reasons, this does not come from any source and should not be taken as fact. Just pure speculation. ❤

Magic Feather

Not that they need it, but I'll vouch for them. All of their info has lined up with what I've heard. I have no reason to doubt them.

180º

That's what a rumor is, isn't it? Speculation?
This is a rumor, not speculation. Rumors are impossible to verify but usually have basis in gossip at least, and secret reputable sources or first-hand accounts at best.

Speculation is just one person’s educated guess without raising any claims of knowing secrets. For speculation none more rampant, see my educated guess of the Flight of Passage layout from 2016 or my Smuggler’s Run guess from 2019.

mharrington

So, the rumor is that right after the cauldron scene, it goes straight to a happy forest scene? And that's the last we see of the Queen/Witch in the ride?

Brer Oswald

Mr Toad’s Moral Evaluation
Peter Pan’s Desire to Stay Young
Alice’s Frustration with the Residents of Wonderland
Pinocchio’s Aspiration to Become a Real Boy
Winnie the Pooh’s Attempts to Retreive Honey from the Tree
Ariel’s Craving to Become Human Instead of a Mermaid
it’s a small world - A Metaphorical Expression Meant to Illustrate That we Have More Similarities Than Differences

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom