News Disneyland to give Snow White’s Scary Adventures dark ride a major facelift in 2020

TragicMike

Snow White can’t be? The adults that cried for the first time watching an animated movie in 1937 would definitely disagree. Not that I think Snow White can’t be enjoyed now but maybe in 60 years people will feel the same way about Monsters Inc as you do today.
When did I say Snow White can't be enjoyed by adults?

swge

There have been full ride throughs of the new attraction with all animations on and working. I feel reluctant making a post going through scene by scene added details of the attraction and queue due to the amount of backlash/hate my previous posts have been getting.. just know the attraction is complete and sounds even more outstanding than previously explained. From whats been described, Disney has dumped not only a lot of money but a ton of proper storytelling, imagineering, and tech into the refurb... Fans that hate change no matter what will stay hating.. and I don't wish to conjure any hate for the hard work and effort that's been put into this amazing/much needed refurb. Just know it's completely finished, they kept a lot of scary in, will most likely open with the park whenever that is (if they choose not to do CM previews which were planned before COVID), and will most definitely be received well by everyone as it should.

Who knows when the parks will be open to experience it, but until then, I wish great health and happiness to everyone on here.

Brer Oswald

There have been full ride throughs of the new attraction with all animations on and working. I feel reluctant making a post going through scene by scene added details of the attraction and queue due to the amount of backlash/hate my previous posts have been getting.. just know the attraction is complete and sounds even more outstanding than previously explained. From whats been described, Disney has dumped not only a lot of money but a ton of proper storytelling, imagineering, and tech into the refurb... Fans that hate change no matter what will stay hating.. and I don't wish to conjure any hate for the hard work and effort that's been put into this amazing/much needed refurb. Just know it's completely finished, they kept a lot of scary in, will most likely open with the park whenever that is (if they choose not to do CM previews which were planned before COVID), and will most definitely be received well by everyone as it should.

Who knows when the parks will be open to experience it, but until then, I wish great health and happiness to everyone on here.
You can’t tease me like that! I’m curious. :hilarious:

mickEblu

Cmon! Spill the beans!

swge

Truth is, leaking someones hard work and effort sucks when it's not received well... The only reason why I choose to share facts/information is to spread positivity and excitement for something that's coming...

I was able to post scene by scene descriptions of Rise before anything was released and it really made the entire fandom excited and look forward to it

If I have information that hypes people up and gives them something to look forward to, what's the harm in sharing? But unfortunately, I've posted factual details about this refurb twice already and a certain 3 individuals have taken that as an opportunity to spread hateful opinions (which they're absolutely entitled to) or to make me wrong for literally just posting facts and information... I've come to realize that there's a big impact and this art/attraction deserves a fair chance. I feel like I'm ripping artists off by explaining their work through writing that can be turned into hate... This refurb is super controversial and first impressions are super important. I don't want to hinder anything through my short, blunt writing/bullet points..

Have your first impressions be through personal ride throughs or 4k POVs... then make any valid opinions you want from there...

My facts and info aren't posted for debate.. they're posted to contribute and share exciting information nobody knows about.

Nland316

Were these sorts of extensive refurbs also planned for Toad and Pinocchio pre-Covid? Those are the only 2 that have been untouched really since these upgrades started happening for the 60th.

I also do appreciate the insider info. Generally, I do think there will soon be a noticeable shift away from negative opinion on the parks after they reopen, as we’ve all been deprived and will develop even more appreciation than we already have for what’s there.

TP2000

Were these sorts of extensive refurbs also planned for Toad and Pinocchio pre-Covid? Those are the only 2 that have been untouched really since these upgrades started happening for the 60th.

I also do appreciate the insider info. Generally, I do think there will soon be a noticeable shift away from negative opinion on the parks after they reopen, as we’ve all been deprived and will develop even more appreciation than we already have for what’s there.

That was the online rumor heading into the 60th Anniversary; they were going to do major refurbishments of all five of the classic Fantasyland dark rides. Only Alice In Wonderland got that treatment for the 60th, with a more modest refurbishment to Peter Pan later.

From the online rumors seven or eight years ago, this Snow White refurbishment sounds like the scale/scope of what they had originally planned for all five dark rides for the 60th.

Anjin

I always enjoy the Fantasyland dark rides. I'm excited to see what they do with Snow White since the old ending was so abrupt.

Also, I suspect people have forgotten this forum has a ignore feature. It's your friend!

TP2000

They’re my favourite thing about the park. It really sets Disneyland above Magic Kingdom.

No kidding. Disneyland has seven (7) dark rides, and Magic Kingdom Park only has two. DCA has an extra one next door with Monsters Inc., but no other WDW park has a single one.

Disneyland Resort = Peter Pan's Flight, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Alice In Wonderland, Pinocchio's Daring Journey, Snow White's Scary Adventures, Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin, The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh, Monsters Inc. - Mike & Sulley To The Rescue!

WDW Resort = Peter Pan's Flight, The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

No kidding. Disneyland has seven (7) dark rides, and Magic Kingdom Park only has two. DCA has an extra one next door with Monsters Inc., but no other WDW park has a single one.

Disneyland Resort = Peter Pan's Flight, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Alice In Wonderland, Pinocchio's Daring Journey, Snow White's Scary Adventures, Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin, The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh, Monsters Inc. - Mike & Sulley To The Rescue!

forgot little mermaid

AJFireman

How do you define a Dark Ride???

Haunted Mansion??? Seas with Nemo?? Spaceship Earth?? Figment?? I guess no boat rides??

TP2000

How do you define a Dark Ride???

Haunted Mansion??? Seas with Nemo?? Spaceship Earth?? Figment?? I guess no boat rides??

A "Classic Dark Ride" is a 20th century technology of a little car, carrying between 2 and 6 people, going along an electrified busbar track in a dark room past simple flats and darkened scenes, often illuminated by blacklight.

That compares to the bigger rides in the dark, like Pirates of the Caribbean or Haunted Mansion or Indiana Jones Adventure, not to mention rides at big corporate pavilions at World's Fairs like the General Motors Futurama or Ford's Magic Skyway. Those took the classic dark ride concept and expanded wildly it into something else entirely. Like comparing a 1930's small corner grocery store to a 1990's Big Box store in the suburbs.

But in the discussion of Disney theme parks, a classic dark ride is Alice In Wonderland or Mr. Toad's Wild Ride or Monsters's Inc. or Pinocchio's Daring Journey or Snow White's Scary Adventures. Or, if you are WDW, it's only Peter Pan and Pooh. :cool:

Last edited:

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

A "Classic Dark Ride" is a 20th century technology of a little car, carrying between 2 and 6 people, going along an electrified busbar track in a dark room past simple flats and darkened scenes, often illuminated by blacklight.

That compares to the bigger rides in the dark, like Pirates of the Caribbean or Haunted Mansion or Indiana Jones Adventure, not to mention rides at big corporate pavilions at World's Fairs like the General Motors Futurama or Ford's Magic Skyway. Those took the classic dark ride concept and expanded wildly it into something else entirely. Like comparing a 1930's small corner grocery store to a 1990's Big Box store in the suburbs.

But in the discussion of Disney theme parks, a classic dark ride is Alice In Wonderland or Mr. Toad's Wild Ride or Monsters's Inc. or Pinocchio's Daring Journey or Snow White's Scary Adventures. Or, if you are WDW, it's only Peter Pan and Pooh. :cool:
Damn. shut him up

MattFrees71

Yes, I hate the fact that WDW opted to expunge 2 out of 3 of their classic dark rides and then leave Fantasyland so lackluster without these classics which IMO substantially helps define Fantasyland as a whole. I really hope WDW gets at least a couple more in the near future but I'm not holding my breath...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom