News Disneyland to give Snow White’s Scary Adventures dark ride a major facelift in 2020

mickEblu

You have a crush on Kim don't you?
4090311240_2fcc322b8c_b.jpg

Not terrible.

Practical Pig

... or wood

I have no Idea where this paint job is heading, though I also think it's a base coat for further treatment. But the warm yellowish tan color would be a natural choice for underpainting a carved wood treatment to come. I'm thinking that's where this is heading.

I've painted a lot of faux wood onto theatrical sets (now long in the past) and the usual process is to start with underpainting the highlight color and working down to the darkest color with overlays of darker graining effects laid into a clear glaze over the dry base coat.

I'm not concerned yet, though time will tell.

Last edited:

socalifornian

I have no Idea where this paint job is heading, though I also think it's a base coat for further treatment. But the warm yellowish tan color would be a natural choice for underpainting a carved wood treatment to come. I'm thinking that's where this is heading.

I've painted a lot of faux wood onto theatrical sets (now long in the past) and the usual process is to start with underpainting the highlight color and working down to the darkest color with overlays of darker graining effects laid into a clear glaze over the dry base coat.

I'm not concerned yet, though time will tell.
You sound like the guy that posted this

Mickeyboof

I saw him last Sunday (obviously not yesterday, but the prior week). He even has some very basic movement back. There’s just no light to highlight him anymore.

I’m sorry, what sign are we talking about? What’s supposed to move?

I’m confused.

SuddenStorm

If major face lift meaning we would get a Snow White AA to move like this then I'm happy but I doubt it.

That's an amazing figure but it'd be incredibly out of place when looking at the quality of effects found throughout the rest of the attraction.

Being consistent is key for creating an immersive environment, and having a figure with way way more motion than anything else in the ride would be a mistake.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom