News Disneyland to give Snow White’s Scary Adventures dark ride a major facelift in 2020

Disney Analyst

I don't know why anyone thinks the witch climax is going away... I would assume it's being moved towards the middle of the ride.

The circled is the area I assume will get reworked to move the former climax, and add in the new ending.

cali83_mapken.png

There's plenty of space their to rework it I think, and still have a bit of the forest feel.

Phroobar

I don't know why anyone thinks the witch climax is going away... I would assume it's being moved towards the middle of the ride.

The circled is the area I assume will get reworked to move the former climax, and add in the new ending.

View attachment 428894

There's plenty of space their to rework it I think, and still have a bit of the forest feel.
It would be ashamed to remove the H.R. Puff-in-Stuff scary trees for a new witch death.

George Lucas on a Bench

Snow White seems to be historically the most altered dark ride at Disney. I know Alice has also been changed since the 80s, but the refresh a few years ago still kept that version basically intact with relatively minor tinkering.

mickEblu

They can move the witch death scene to either one of the areas I have circled in red below and still keep half of the scary trees. With that said I fear that we may be losing 1-2 wicked witches. You can’t have more than one in one room( I mean you can but it’s not as good show) so we may be losing the witch with the holographic apple as well as the witch in the boat. That would seem to make sense since it’s getting “less scary.” Of course they could move at least move 1 of the 2 to earlier in the ride but I have a feeling they think the remaining 3 (assuming witch on a cliff is moved/ retained) are more than enough.
202A598A-B7F5-4923-B30E-174B1AC95D68.jpeg
69F4EFD5-93F4-4432-B519-E6820B8A03CE.jpeg

Disney Analyst

You would have to remove the witch boat and put the trees there followed by the house scene and then witch death scene.

Sorry I meant Chamber Scene.

Go from Chamber right into the forest, remove the dungeon, keep the witch in cottage maybe, or boat witch, then do death before turn into current cottage scene.

mickEblu

Sorry I meant Chamber Scene.

Go from Chamber right into the forest, remove the dungeon, keep the witch in cottage maybe, or boat witch, then do death before turn into current cottage scene.

The cottage witch is a much more important plot point but no matter you slice it we re losing at least one witch.

mickEblu

They will need a poison apple moment somewhere.

Yeah so I think the boat witch gets axed Honestly I think I always felt it started to get a little repetitive towards the end with a witch every 3 seconds. I’m ok losing one. It’s unfortunate that it’s probably the one on the boat though.

Phroobar

So creating the poison apple where the skeletons are but keep them on the walls or something. That gives enough room for the forest and cottage scenes.

mharrington

And keep the Dwarfs in some capacity. Not only do I hope that they are retained for the climax with the Witch, whatever it may be, but I hope that they are included in the finale. They seem to be conspicuously absent in the concept art, yet they are included in the Paris version, as well as the post-1994 Florida version. They didn't have all of the Dwarfs, just a select few, which always included Dopey. I hope they do something like for this version's finale as well.

Brer Panther

Well now I'm worried if they touch Toad they'll change that ending too.
I wouldn't put it past them. Of course, I wouldn't put it past them to get rid of Toad altogether. Then again, they might be afraid of enraging every Disney fan on the planet if they do that...

If any dark ride needs its ending changed, it's Pinocchio. I don't know who thought that spending over a quarter of the total ride time on a happy ending scene where barely anything happens was a good idea.
If nothing else, they should change the Pinocchio animatronic at the end so that he's a real boy now instead of still a puppet.

PiratesMansion

I'll wait and see with this one.

I don't have the greatest faith in modern Disney to NOT muck this up. However, the current attraction is neither the original version, nor have I honestly ever been much enamored with what's there now.

Would I rather they were messing with Pinocchio? Sure. But maybe, just MAYBE it'll be an improvement. We don't know for sure one way or another til it's open.

TP2000

What a great point that Snow White is the one dark ride that has the most changes, the most upgrades, the most fiddling, etc. Why is that? :confused:

They really need to give this same treatment to Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Disney Analyst

What a great point that Snow White is the one dark ride that has the most changes, the most upgrades, the most fiddling, etc. Why is that? :confused:

They really need to give this same treatment to Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

probably because Snow White is one of if not the most important and historical films of its kind and for Disney?

HongKongFu

Something is wrong, very wrong:

$445k to do a "major facelift" of a Disney ride ???????

Someone be takkin dum!

$445k to remodel/'facelift' your larger home, yes .....

..$445k to remodel a Disney ride, WHAT!!!!
So this tells me that there will be no appreciable changes coming, none whatsoever.

Disney Analyst

Something is wrong, very wrong:

$445k to do a "major facelift" of a Disney ride ???????

Someone be takkin dum!

$445k to remodel/'facelift' your larger home, yes .....

..$445k to remodel a Disney ride, WHAT!!!!
So this tells me that there will be no appreciable changes coming, none whatsoever.

maybe they’ve figured out budgets finally?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom