• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Disneyland to give Snow White’s Scary Adventures dark ride a major facelift in 2020

PiratesMansion

Tokyo Disneyland, and all the other Disney parks for that matter, are missing Disneyland’s history and will never have it. I personally am not too intrigued.
That's true to a point, but it also presupposes that the history is the only thing that really matters about Disneyland.

The other parks have history too, it is just dramatically under-publicized compared to that of Disneyland, and really, even coverage of Disneyland's history drops off dramatically after Walt's passing. I think it's fascinating to see how the parks evolved over time, and what improvements were made, as well as the things they tried that didn't quite work. It's also frustrating that because Disney isn't at all interested in the history of the other parks that their stories will never properly be told, and as a result many people assume that Disneyland is the only park that matters, because that's the only park Disney bothers talking about much of the time.

I know that interest, time, and financials are limited and finite for everyone, but I really do think that there's more value in the other parks than many people recognize, and that more people here would enjoy them than they might imagine. Disneyland has a lot of interesting history and fantastic things going for it, but it's far from the only park where that's the case.

raven24

That's true to a point, but it also presupposes that the history is the only thing that really matters about Disneyland.

The other parks have history too, it is just dramatically under-publicized compared to that of Disneyland, and really, even coverage of Disneyland's history drops off dramatically after Walt's passing. I think it's fascinating to see how the parks evolved over time, and what improvements were made, as well as the things they tried that didn't quite work. It's also frustrating that because Disney isn't at all interested in the history of the other parks that their stories will never properly be told, and as a result many people assume that Disneyland is the only park that matters, because that's the only park Disney bothers talking about much of the time.

I know that interest, time, and financials are limited and finite for everyone, but I really do think that there's more value in the other parks than many people recognize, and that more people here would enjoy them than they might imagine. Disneyland has a lot of interesting history and fantastic things going for it, but it's far from the only park where that's the case.
Oh, absolutely! Each park has its own history. I just don’t care about those histories, to be honest. I’m a Walt Disney fan before a Disney theme park fan, so my main attraction to Disneyland stems from its deep connection to Walt Disney. Of course that’s not the only great thing about the park, but that’s number one for me personally.

This is not to say that I would never visit the others around the world, because I would. However, I’m not incredibly eager to visit the rest. I’m not dying to visit them. But I am eager to visit the countries themselves, with the exception of China (I wouldn’t turn down a trip though). I would love to visit Japan and France, not to visit Disney parks, but for other reasons. I would never plan a trip to Japan, France, China, or even Florida to only go to theme parks, Disney or not. A theme park visit would be something I’d consider doing and it would not be a priority.

MattFrees71

Honestly fooled me with the Mr Toad poster. Did it have one before?
I thought that poster had been around much longer (or at least a version almost the same). I can't remember where I found this image (it might have been off the Vintage WDW Facebook group), but apparently WDW had one for Mr. Toad that was almost exact (unless this was a fan made poster someone made in the recent past).

99090648_10216217166438985_742433312416464896_n.jpg

BasiltheBatLord

Tokyo Disneyland, and all the other Disney parks for that matter, are missing Disneyland’s history and will never have it. I personally am not too intrigued.
For the record I fully agree with this. I think on paper TDL has one of if not the strongest attraction lineup in a Disney park, but Disneyland, CA will always be the best park.

George Lucas on a Bench

Poster sucks. I feel like I’m in some poster version of Mickey and the Magical Map

I don't like it either. It looks like the cover of those 1990s Disney videocassettes that were also turned in to Happy Meal toys to fatten kids for the MacDonald's corporation.

SnowWhiteToy.jpg

Of course, it at least looks like the movie and presumably the new Dancing Mannequin Sequence in the ride. The same can't be said for this awful "Artwork" for another classic, Mary Poppins:

71kxCWnCa4L._SL1050_.jpg

This is officially how they've promoted this movie.

mickEblu

I don't like it either. It looks like the cover of those 1990s Disney videocassettes that were also turned in to Happy Meal toys to fatten kids for the MacDonald's corporation.

View attachment 549252

Of course, it at least looks like the movie and presumably the new Dancing Mannequin Sequence in the ride. The same can't be said for this awful "Artwork" for another classic, Mary Poppins:

View attachment 549253

Yup that’s exactly what I said last week almost verbatim

CaptinEO

View attachment 549252

View attachment 549253

It's sad that there are no video formats that use the original posters for their films. Even the early 80s laserdiscs are still custom images not based on the poster.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

View attachment 549252

View attachment 549253

That Mary Poppins cover is atrocious.

Kyle’s Dad Sent Me

View attachment 549252

View attachment 549253

Attachments

• E76BBC38-F13D-492F-8A5A-049C86F47033.jpeg
    E76BBC38-F13D-492F-8A5A-049C86F47033.jpeg
    135.1 KB · Views: 84
  • 2CE118F3-A4D2-41FC-B5A3-47316A667C33.jpeg
    2CE118F3-A4D2-41FC-B5A3-47316A667C33.jpeg
    55.6 KB · Views: 66

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom