News Disneyland to give Snow White’s Scary Adventures dark ride a major facelift in 2020

mickEblu

I think you are agreeing with me that these rides are terrible. I think they do way more wrong than Mermaid which is just an average boring ride. The Nemo ones are such a slog and terrible in every way.

If I was a Disney designer I'd point to those Nemo rides as what not to do.

Agree they re all terrible. Disagree Nemo is a better example as it’s an overlay of a unique ride system where as Mermaid is more or less purpose built.

Except Pooh. I like Pooh.

CaptinEO

Agree they re all terrible. Disagree Nemo is a better example as it’s an overlay of a unique ride system where as Mermaid is more or less purpose built.

Except Pooh. I like Pooh.
The ride system to me doesn't make Nemo any better. To me it actually makes it worse as it reminds me of what used to be there. Just like Guardian's of the Galaxy brings resentment from me.

Dear Prudence

In all fairness, Winnie the Pooh legitimately scared me so intensely the last time, I screamed out loud (much to my 2-year-old nephew's delight). Something about this trip made all of the timing for the attractions... different, so dialog and effects I don't normally see/ experience, I did. During the Heffalumps and Woozles scene, I was right next to one of the pops/ slide whistles, and it was so loud, I swear it made my heart stop. Haunted Mansion WHOMST

Dear Prudence

I mean, also, to be fair with the Toyko BATB attraction, I was blown away by it. I am going to really make myself a villain here, but I actually actively hate BATB (and not because of the 'Stockholm Syndrome' nonsense, because that's such annoying copypasta). (Although I like all of the side characters, like the household staff, etc.) If someone like me who cannot even watch the film because of how deeply I dislike it can be moved by a YouTube video, I think that says a lot.

Snow White is my favourite movie of all time (beating out both JAWS and It's a Wonderful Life), my favourite princess, everything, and, lemme tell you, I wanted to hate this refresh. The new name of the attraction is cringe. The new poster looks like DeviantArt fan art circa 2006. BUT! Then (because I couldn't wait, curiosity got the best of me) saw the ride through POV and I was BLOWN AWAY. Then I saw it in person, and I was completely blown away and surprisingly moved by it. Also, there is an exponential influx of little animal friends, which makes it superior to its predecessor. It's still scary, but now it has more animals. I am a very critical person and a hard sell, and I have to say, I can't believe how much I loved the new version and how much more I love it than the original, which was my favourite of favourites.

mickEblu

I mean, also, to be fair with the Toyko BATB attraction, I was blown away by it. I am going to really make myself a villain here, but I actually actively hate BATB (and not because of the 'Stockholm Syndrome' nonsense, because that's such annoying copypasta). (Although I like all of the side characters, like the household staff, etc.) If someone like me who cannot even watch the film because of how deeply I dislike it can be moved by a YouTube video, I think that says a lot.

Snow White is my favourite movie of all time (beating out both JAWS and It's a Wonderful Life), my favourite princess, everything, and, lemme tell you, I wanted to hate this refresh. The new name of the attraction is cringe. The new poster looks like DeviantArt fan art circa 2006. BUT! Then (because I couldn't wait, curiosity got the best of me) saw the ride through POV and I was BLOWN AWAY. Then I saw it in person, and I was completely blown away and surprisingly moved by it. Also, there is an exponential influx of little animal friends, which makes it superior to its predecessor. It's still scary, but now it has more animals. I am a very critical person and a hard sell, and I have to say, I can't believe how much I loved the new version and how much more I love it than the original, which was my favourite of favourites.

There is no excuse for that attraction poster. It’s absolutely terrible. I don’t understand what they were thinking

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom