News Disneyland to give Snow White’s Scary Adventures dark ride a major facelift in 2020

bshah365

1600192748228.png

Scaffolding has been completely taken down. (Photo from 9/11) Not sure how I feel about the color scheme but I'd have to see images closer up to make out the distinct colors... I do also know that show scenes on the inside were 3/4 done 3 weeks ago or so. We could potentially see this ride open with the park.

mickEblu

View attachment 498002

Scaffolding has been completely taken down. (Photo from 9/11) Not sure how I feel about the color scheme but I'd have to see images closer up to make out the distinct colors... I do also know that show scenes on the inside were 3/4 done 3 weeks ago or so. We could potentially see this ride open with the park.

From this view I don’t mind the color scheme. Of course the exterior queue was perfect as it was. Hopefully they didn’t just keep those skulls and ravens painted in that sweet yellow color. 🙄

Not sure why they left that one turquoise turret.

If they removed the queens dungeon in the Q there will be hell to pay. Hopefully the cliff scene remained too somehow.

bshah365

From this view I don’t mind the color scheme. Of course the exterior queue was perfect as it was. Hopefully they didn’t just keep those skulls and ravens painted in that sweet yellow color. 🙄

Not sure why they left that one turquoise turret.

If they removed the queens dungeon in the Q there will be hell to pay. Hopefully the cliff scene remained too somehow.

I do know the name of the attraction is changing for sure. So the carved out stone entrance marquee will be different.. but its hard to zoom in and see in the photos.. Also, I'm interested to see what happens with the Queen in the window/dungeon queue scene. This facade isn't *technically* the Evil Queens castle anymore, is it?

mickEblu

I do know the name of the attraction is changing for sure. So the carved out stone entrance marquee will be different.. but its hard to zoom in and see in the photos.. Also, I'm interested to see what happens with the Queen in the window/dungeon queue scene. This facade isn't *technically* the Evil Queens castle anymore, is it?

Good point. I didn’t consider that. So what now it’s Snow Whites happy Castle after she marries the prince? Whatever it is it’s too bad. They didn’t have to change the exterior queue at all.

Maybe they just name it “Snow Whites Un-Scary adventures” and just cross out scary and write “Un” in red letters above it in red crayon?

mickEblu

Wait but then if it’s not the Queens Castle then what will the queen be doing peeking out of the window? They wouldn’t get rid of that or would they? Then again why am I acting like they care if things make sense? GOTG:MB has been sitting in Hollywoodland for 5 years.

bshah365

Wait but then if it’s not the Queens Castle then what will the queen be doing peeking out of the window? They wouldn’t get rid of that or would they? Then again why am I acting like they care if things make sense? GOTG:MB has been sitting in Hollywoodland for 5 years.

Personally, if you ask me... I don't think they would take the Queen from the window. I worked the attraction for 3 years... and it not being inviting to younger guests is and always was a problem... They want the entrance to look more inviting with a new color scheme that matches the whimsical color scheme of Fantasyland. The dungeon was always a burden bc of the amount of trash that needed to be collected each morning. It wasn't an area that custodial would be able to walk in and out of. The door has a key that is only accessible to attractions operations. I remember on my first day of training we had to walk in and collect all the trash/bottles and it was always such a pain. Realistically, it would be nice for them to keep the scene and have plexiglass w slits at the bottom.. so guests can still donate coins, but wouldn't be able to throw their trash.....

I personally think the dungeon will be changed.. bc it wouldn't make sense to keep it w the re-branding of the attraction... but who knows..

IMDREW

View attachment 498002

It looks much better than i feared when we saw the first coat of paint on it.

Nland316

View attachment 498002

DPB totally overhyped the new paint scheme. While I do prefer the prior one, there really was no need to hype it up like they did as if it was something completely new. They made it sound as if it was going to turn into an extension of the castle’s colors.

bshah365

DPB totally overhyped the new paint scheme. While I do prefer the prior one, there really was no need to hype it up like they did as if it was something completely new. They made it sound as if it was going to turn into an extension of the castle’s colors.
I 100% agree. The way it was presented was that the connected Bippity clock tower/snow facade would match the same color scheme as the new castle and would be an extension. Not only is Snow yellow but the clock tower turret still has the old castles blue color.. everything looks very odd/mixed up at the moment considering how close they all are smushed together... Although I will say that the square tree behind the castle has never looked better imo.

Disneylover152

Hate to break it to you but this piece of concept art looks awfully similar to a certain scene.
1600317437391.png
1600317468714.png

This is definitely an unpopular opinion, but Snow White's Scary Adventures is my personal favorite Fantasyland dark ride. I'm really nervous about this retheme, I just have the feeling the new final scenes are going to feel drastically different than the rest of the attraction. But as long as they keep the evil queen transformation scene & the dark forest with the trees scene intact I'm ok.

mickEblu

Hate to break it to you but this piece of concept art looks awfully similar to a certain scene.
View attachment 498267. View attachment 498268

This is definitely an unpopular opinion, but Snow White's Scary Adventures is my personal favorite Fantasyland dark ride. I'm really nervous about this retheme, I just have the feeling the new final scenes are going to feel drastically different than the rest of the attraction. But as long as they keep the evil queen transformation scene & the dark forest with the trees scene intact I'm ok.

Oh ya I’m aware that’s the final scene now. I’m just hoping they move the cliff scene to somewhere before that but I’m not holding my breath.

Disneylover152

Oh ya I’m aware that’s the final scene now. I’m just hoping they move the cliff scene to somewhere before that but I’m not holding my breath.

Yeah, my guess is everything after the Evil Queen's castle will be changed, from the dark forest to the end. Just seems like the most sense story-wise. But who knows. I am interested to see the final product, though I'm not expecting to like it. Hoping to be proven wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom