News Disneyland to give Snow White’s Scary Adventures dark ride a major facelift in 2020

The Aracuan Bird

Biased? Not that I agree with any of these changes but they got removed for different reasons. Adventureland because they can be tied to the “savage” / Trader Sam thing and in Snow White because they re “scary.” What reason would they need to be removed from POTC or HM?
Pirates no clue. Mansion, the opening scene has come under controversy. We’ll see where that goes.

el_super

Stop wasting your time. He’s 1/2 trolling and not make these arguments in good faith.

Not trolling at all. Trying to address concerns over the fear of change. It is kind of pointless though. Disney is going to make changes as they see fit, and no amount of "concern" over cancel culture is going to stop them.

As I have been saying, if you want to rant against change happening at all, you're gonna have a bad time over the next ten or 20 years.

mickEblu

Not trolling at all. Trying to address concerns over the fear of change. It is kind of pointless though. Disney is going to make changes as they see fit, and no amount of "concern" over cancel culture is going to stop them.

As I have been saying, if you want to rant against change happening at all, you're gonna have a bad time over the next ten or 20 years.

I’ll have a bad time on these boards but continue to enjoy the park until they bulldoze over all of the 1955 - 1995 charm.

CaptinEO

I’ll have a bad time on these boards but continue to enjoy the park until they bulldoze over all of the 1955 - 1995 charm.
Dont humor them.

At the end of the day you're the one defending a Disney ride on a Disney enthusiast site and they are the ones here to stir the pot. They're here to have a bad time.

George Lucas on a Bench

gzu1I.jpg

Pardon our dust! We're improving The Magic!

SuddenStorm

It's funny- on here I analyze every aspect of the park and its operations to a ridiculous extent. We discuss stuff on here no normal person discusses.

But when I'm at Disneyland? I'll notice the maintenance issues and frumpy CM's that give bad service. I'll groan when Mickey's Mix Magic starts playing on Main Street. But I don't sit there with my friend group complaining about all the stuff I see that's wrong except for the occasional comment or two. I'm there to have a good time- and the enjoyment of being there outweighs the burned out lights and broken animatronics.

BrianLo

It's funny- on here I analyze every aspect of the park and its operations to a ridiculous extent. We discuss stuff on here no normal person discusses.

But when I'm at Disneyland? I'll notice the maintenance issues and frumpy CM's that give bad service. I'll groan when Mickey's Mix Magic starts playing on Main Street. But I don't sit there with my friend group complaining about all the stuff I see that's wrong except for the occasional comment or two. I'm there to have a good time- and the enjoyment of being there outweighs the burned out lights and broken animatronics.

I one time had a probably Annual Passholder strike up a conversation with me in the Alice queue that was very unsolicited "complain-y".

My immediate reaction was they needed to take a break from the parks. It's one thing to be critical or have a laugh/groan. It's another to be actively miserable about everything while loitering in Fantasyland, with a complete stranger, immediately after park opening.

lazyboy97o

I one time had a probably Annual Passholder strike up a conversation with me in the Alice queue that was very unsolicited "complain-y".

My immediate reaction was they needed to take a break from the parks. It's one thing to be critical or have a laugh/groan. It's another to be actively miserable about everything while loitering in Fantasyland, with a complete stranger, immediately after park opening.
I was just making conversation.

CaptinEO

I mean I'd say thats how we all are.

We go to have fun and have a good time and escape the real world. I know I am. I'm critical of how they operate but when I'm at a themepark I'm just happy.

180º

I was just making conversation.
Were you also the person in front of me in the IJA single rider line who brought their own flashlight for the express purpose to shine it up at the Eeyore parking sign and engage me in conversation about it? And then proceeded to skip the rest of the wait by following the regular line up the stairs? (True, bizarre story)

fctiger

That's pretty much everyone I know who goes. No one in my family complains about the park outside if it's too busy or a FP they wanted gone. That's basically the extend of it. It's usually me who goes into the nerdy nit picking complaints. And every time I do, I feel a 'please save it dad' type of eye roll from the family lol. Unless it's something BIG, then they go to have a good time. I'm not there to kill the vibe...I come here for that. 🤣

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Cancel Cultural is being made out to be a boogieman... to drive fear and outrage for political gain. Cancel culture as described in the news, doesn't exist.

Change itself, does exist and always has. Like I said before, they changed the name of the Indian War Canoes in 1971 and it wasn't labeled cancel culture then.

>1971
>2021

It's definitely a different time and place. Had the name stayed the same and they were calling for change now, you would see how people who weren't around then, are offended today.

No Name

People weren't actually any less offended by things in 1971 than they are in 2021.

The two big differences are that the world was far less connected and society was far less receptive to certain opinions, so people weren't able to express themselves. If someone was offended by something in 1971, they probably decided it was better for their career, relationships, friendships, etc. to keep quiet, and even if they were bold enough to take on society, their voice probably wouldn't leave the neighborhood because they didn't have instant worldwide communication through the internet. There's a lot more I want to say but I don't want this to get moved to the politics and social issues section.

It's a positive development that in 2021 we are able to have conversations about this stuff.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom