Disneyland Ticket refund / extend expiration date?

tomast

Original Poster
Hi everyone! I am back here after some months off, with all the quarantine issues I got little to no time to do what I like, that is spending time here on the forum and daydreaming about Disney, mostly World because I have never been on Disneyland yet. But that was going to change this year! I had plans to visit L.A. and Disneyland with my girlfriend on late May and early June. Unfortunately with closed parks, hotels and even borders that option is not longer possible. As some of you may know I am from Argentina, the economy here isn't great (actually it is bad and that's even before the long quarantine). To give you an example last year if i want to get $1 US Dollar I need $45 Argentinian Pesos, right now you need approx 120-130 pesos for 1 dollar. Because of that I prepaid almost everything I could for my trip. Plane tickets, Hotels, parks and even food (I bought some gift cards) 😭.

I ask for refund on most of the things I could, but unfortunately my travel agency will refund me the 80% of what i spent on coupons (and they will give me the coupons in the next 120 days) and in Pesos, so for every dollar spent, they will give me back 36 pesos that right now they are 0.27 cents of dollar. But that's not all, as they are going to refund it after 120 days so, who knows how much less it will be).

But let's get to the point of this post. I have two 2-day tickets for Disneyland. My travel agency won't give me the refund, but I think that may be good, as if they give me the money I wont be able to buy the tickets again with that money. But the problem is that I think the tickets will expire this year on December. Right now I am mostly sure I am not going to be able to travel before that, so I want to know if, taking into account these extraordinary events that we are experiencing, is there any way to extend the expiration date of the tickets so i can use them if I'm lucky enough to be able to go next year.

Thanks in advance to everyone who read the post. Sorry for making it so long, i really try to keep it short but it seems I am not good at haha.

October82

I could be misreading this page, but it sounds like you should be able to apply the value of the tickets (should they expire) to purchase new tickets when you're able to visit.

The amount paid for an unused, expired ticket may be applied towards the purchase of a new ticket at the current price so long as the new ticket purchase price is equal to or greater than the amount paid for the original ticket.

I'd also try giving Disneyland customer service a call and explain the situation. They may be able to issue a refund directly or otherwise handle this situation. I have to imagine its not an uncommon one right now.

tomast

Original Poster
I could be misreading this page, but it sounds like you should be able to apply the value of the tickets (should they expire) to purchase new tickets when you're able to visit.

That would be great!

I'd also try giving Disneyland customer service a call and explain the situation. They may be able to issue a refund directly or otherwise handle this situation. I have to imagine its not an uncommon one right now.

I will call, but my guess is that it is best if I wait for things to go normal first. I imagine that they are gettings tons of calls right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom