Disneyland Testing “Lifesize” Tinker Bell

Californian Elitist

I thought it was really neat! Lots of cool lighting, objects moving.

I wonder what it looks like for the Tink in the room being filmed.
I agree. This attraction as a whole pulls together very nicely, based on the video alone. The hologram is very neat, the moving objects are nice, and the projection mapping is a nice touch. I especially like that Tinkerbell is not scripted and is an actual actress speaking to the guests.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
I wonder if this test has any connection with Fantasy Springs at TDS (which will have a large Peter Pan area)?
I was thinking more along the lines of this being put in Pixie Hollow to replace in-person meet and greets (not just because of Covid, but because meeting an actual sized Tink & Friends is way cooler). If they set up 2 or 3 rooms it would help in hourly capacity.

I've never done the Pixie Hollow M&G, so I'm not sure how many characters are usually there at a given time, but if the number of rooms doesn't exceed that they won't lose money on paying for more CMs, just the initial investment of building the experiences. It's Turtle Talk at the next level.

Tamandua

I was thinking more along the lines of this being put in Pixie Hollow to replace in-person meet and greets (not just because of Covid, but because meeting an actual sized Tink & Friends is way cooler). If they set up 2 or 3 rooms it would help in hourly capacity.

I've never done the Pixie Hollow M&G, so I'm not sure how many characters are usually there at a given time, but if the number of rooms doesn't exceed that they won't lose money on paying for more CMs, just the initial investment of building the experiences. It's Turtle Talk at the next level.
Whenever my daughters have done the M&G at pixie hollow, they've only had one character at a time.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Whenever my daughters have done the M&G at pixie hollow, they've only had one character at a time.
Gotcha. Do they rotate them?

I guess they can do one room as long as the time it takes isn't any longer than what the standard M&G was anyway. Then wait time won't be affected, though the new experience would most likely garner interest and longer lines.

Tamandua

Gotcha. Do they rotate them?

I guess they can do one room as long as the time it takes isn't any longer than what the standard M&G was anyway. Then wait time won't be affected, though the new experience would most likely garner interest and longer lines.
I'm guessing it's usually tinker bell but sometimes it's one of her friends.

waltography

I love all the interactions at play here; it's cool to see what a bit of compressed air can do to get the flying effect! I think the only thing left is to figure out how to get photos with Tink without the washed out look.

Looks like it's a wonderful experience, and I do hope they bring it to the parks formally.

Sharon&Susan

But at Pixie Hollow, you're supposed to be the same size as Tinkerbell, it'd be a bit weird if they had it there.

George Lucas on a Bench

I flicked it off after she started taking since it's just too sugary for me, but it's weird that Disney is only now realizing that giant Tinkerbell meet and greets don't really make any sense. Same goes for the Toy Story dolls. They're supposed to be tiny.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom