Disneyland suspends FastPasses and Extra Magic Hours when theme parks reopen - OCR/SCNG

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
I just had a thought.

How will the state and TDA deal with kids under 3? I presume they will count towards the capacity limits, but won't have a Ticket/Reservation?

Do they make a Free Ticket for those under 3, so they count as a reservation?

Curious Constance

Not that it matters to me as an Oregonian, but I wonder what Disney will do for someone with an existing ticket that has maxpass and park hopping add ons but wants to use it when those aren’t offered?
We thinking partial refunds or you forfeit those benefits if you choose to use the ticket at this time?

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Not that it matters to me as an Oregonian, but I wonder what Disney will do for someone with an existing ticket that has maxpass and park hopping add ons but wants to use it when those aren’t offered?
We thinking partial refunds or you forfeit those benefits if you choose to use the ticket at this time?

Maybe a Disney Gift Card to use in the parks in the amount of the extras paid for? Disney usually is good in these cases.

TP2000

Can someone smart explain to me the science behind the no indoor dining specifically at a theme park?

Nope, no one can explain that.

Because this is a perfect example of career bureaucrats in Sacramento who couldn't manage a donut shop if their lives depended on it dictating rules and "Guidance" to an entire industry that they have no clue about.

These are not people who go to Disneyland. They don't know what they're talking about. There's no Science & Data behind their decision that The Blue Bayou must remain closed but Captain Kidd's Buffet across the street can reopen.

This all completely arbitrary.

And the funniest part is that the Sacramento bureaucrats don't even know who stupid it makes them look. 🤣

Curious Constance

Oh, my dear lady. I don't even know what to say. It's all just so embarrassing. :banghead:

P.S. I still see that little emoticon that's angrily blasting air out of both nostrils as you flipping me the double bird with ladylike little white-gloved hands, instead of just you being very angry but not profane. 😤 And I like that sentiment either way! 🤣
Hahaha I think of that every time I see it now too, and it makes me laugh.

And who knows, maybe they’ll change their minds by summer if vaccines go as well as they’re hoping. But it’ll be a no go for me if they have indoor attractions closed.

TP2000

Hahaha I think of that every time I see it now too, and it makes me laugh.

And who knows, maybe they’ll change their minds by summer if vaccines go as well as they’re hoping. But it’ll be a no go for me if they have indoor attractions closed.

Yeah, no kidding on the indoor attractions thing.

We still don't know what that means. Sacramento won't tell anyone. It's all a mystery.

It might be absolutely nothing, or it might keep Pirates of the Caribbean and Star Wars Land closed for another six months. Who knows?

Sacramento won't even tell us California taxpayers what they are thinking on that one, so they sure as heck aren't going to tell some dirty Oregonians contemplating a trip to Disneyland and a dumping of a few thousand bucks into the SoCal economy if Pirates will be open during their trip.

Emmanuel

NO.

The closest I get is that many indoor food establishments don't have access to outdoor dining, so they are being allowed to reopen. And they made it a blanket rule.

Since all Theme/Amusement Park can set up Outdoor dining well, no indoor dining.

And to put this in perspective

Disneyland has some full dining restaurants but only one is completely indoors which is Blue Bayou. The others have some indoor dining but also some outdoor dining. I guess one way to continue to serve food from Blue Bayou is to commandeer the kitchens at Riverbelle Terrace and put a section on their menu as "Taste of the Bayou". Ogas Cantina will likely stay closed as there likely isn't an area in Galaxys Edge to serve Ogas Cantina offerings outdoors.

All dining options at DCA have outdoor dining options and in better position than DL to expand outdoor dining in that park.

CaptinEO

They should get rid of it permanently. It ruins Indiana Jones' line and also complicates the whole park going experience.

fctiger

My guess is it will be refunded in some way. Have you tried calling them?

DugLovesU

No I don't think so. Again, because capacity is SO small just to get into the parks, there will be plenty of people who will go to DCA for no other reason they couldn't get into DL. That park selling out Touch of Disney tickets at $75 a pop WITHOUT rides made that clear.

And believe it or not, there are plenty of DCA lovers today, my kids being one of them because they grew up with the park.

But yes its not the same level of DL obviously and exactly why the APs will be back. I've said this for years now, until people think DCA has the same monetary value of DL, then its going to be hard to get that park filled up (in a normal situation). Until then it will be multipasses and APs that does it.
Then it will be like it was in the early days lol. For the first ten years of its existence DCA basically existed to take DL's overflow. But DCA was a pretty substandard park then as well.

RollerCoaster

OK, what do we know regarding park operations and the state rules.

No Ticket booths (aka no ticket sells), only online sales. Those tickets will be date specific and sold only to Californian's. Basically a reservation for whatever limit Disney is allowed depending on the tier status. (15%. 25% or 35%).

Virtual queues, at least for indoor attractions, maybe all attractions.

No indoor dining.

So more than likely your Disneyland app will handle the queues.

Virtual queues make it harder for social distancing. All of those guests waiting in the virtual queue are then left to do something else. This is the root of the problem with FastPass. Using queues has been a key component of the operating plan in Florida.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom