Disneyland suspends FastPasses and Extra Magic Hours when theme parks reopen - OCR/SCNG

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
>>Disneyland perks like FastPasses and Extra Magic Hours that park regulars have come to rely on will be suspended when Disney’s Anaheim theme parks reopen in April after a yearlong coronavirus closure.

Disneyland and Disney California Adventure will suspend FastPass, MaxPass, Magic Morning and Extra Magic Hour services “for the time being” as a result of the impact of COVID-19 on theme park and hotel operations, according to the Disneyland website.

“We will share any updates on these offerings at a later date,” according to the website.<<

180º

And the real question is, IF Rise of the Resistance reopens with the park, will it still use boarding groups?

TP2000

Not unexpected news, but it's nice to see it all out in the open finally.

The operation of Disneyland is going to be very different. And TDA has been handed a golden opportunity for a massive Do-Over on all the decisions and systems they installed in the last 20 years that didn't really work as planned or as hoped like Fastpass, or devolved into a stinking mess like the DAS handicap cards, etc.

TDA has a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity here. They better not screw this up!

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Any word if park reservations come with hotel rooms? Aka the only possible “perk” of staying on-site.
No word if Disney will open its Hotel with only in-state visitors allowed. It might not make sense financially. We will just have to wait, like with everything else.

Seems like as soon as Disney makes a final decision, they are announcing it, like with the perks announcement today.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
OK, what do we know regarding park operations and the state rules.

No Ticket booths (aka no ticket sells), only online sales. Those tickets will be date specific and sold only to Californian's. Basically a reservation for whatever limit Disney is allowed depending on the tier status. (15%. 25% or 35%).

Virtual queues, at least for indoor attractions, maybe all attractions.

No indoor dining.

So more than likely your Disneyland app will handle the queues.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

No Ticket booths (aka no ticket sells), only online sales. Those tickets will be date specific and sold only to Californian's. Basically a reservation for whatever limit Disney is allowed depending on the tier status. (15%. 25% or 35%).

No indoor dining.

Will there be park hopping or are you commited to one park for the day?

fctiger

Yeah none of this is surprising given they did the same things at Shanghai, WDW and Tokyo. But it will just be temporary of course.

And with capacity so small, there is really no reason to have FP. It won't be hard to ride basically anything you want in a day unless a lot of the rides are still shut down.

mickEblu

well dca is going to be empty lol

Haha it’s interesting because obviously you’ll find 7,000 takers a day for DCA. For me, I’d probably have to strike out quite a few times on DL before moving on to DCA. There’s only so many times (1 probably) that I’m trying to pay full price for an experience in these conditions. Even with my desperation for entertainment. With that said; I’d imagine both parks sell out within seconds/ minutes the first few months/ weeks so it won’t matter very much.

I wonder how often tickets will go on sale. Daily at midnight for up to 30 days out?

fctiger

well dca is going to be empty lol

No I don't think so. Again, because capacity is SO small just to get into the parks, there will be plenty of people who will go to DCA for no other reason they couldn't get into DL. That park selling out Touch of Disney tickets at $75 a pop WITHOUT rides made that clear.

And believe it or not, there are plenty of DCA lovers today, my kids being one of them because they grew up with the park.

But yes its not the same level of DL obviously and exactly why the APs will be back. I've said this for years now, until people think DCA has the same monetary value of DL, then its going to be hard to get that park filled up (in a normal situation). Until then it will be multipasses and APs that does it.

Jiggsawpuzzle35

No indoor dining.

Can someone smart explain to me the science behind the no indoor dining specifically at a theme park?

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Can someone smart explain to me the science behind the no indoor dining specifically at a theme park?

NO.

The closest I get is that many indoor food establishments don't have access to outdoor dining, so they are being allowed to reopen. And they made it a blanket rule.

Since all Theme/Amusement Park can set up Outdoor dining well, no indoor dining.

Jiggsawpuzzle35

NO.

The closest I get is that many indoor food establishments don't have access to outdoor dining, so they are being allowed to reopen. And they made it a blanket rule.

Since all Theme/Amusement Park can set up Outdoor dining well, no indoor dining.
Where would a diner at the Blue Bayou down outdoors?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom