Disneyland "Sunsetting" annual passes, WDW next?

Obobru

Original Poster
Disneyland has announced it is "sunsetting" annual passes and refunding everyone with a future scheme to be announced I guess sometime in the future.

Could this happen at WDW where there are less passholders? What do you think the changes will be? This is an extreme move no one saw coming.

Attachments

• 20210114_215913.jpg
    20210114_215913.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:

Obobru

Original Poster
As I said on the MDE thread Disney seems to be moving away from trying to cater to the masses to wanting to cater for the "premium" sector and get more money from less people. Annual pass holders fill the parks and don't use hotels as much they tend to moan more and spend less overall.

I can see them scrapping it for all but DVC members at some point.

doctornick

Lol membership means some type of annual contract with caps.

I could easily see a new type of annual pass that has a limit on the total number of days you can use it. That would allow people who want to go regularly in non-consecutive periods to have an option that doesn't involve buying multiple expensive tickets, but could prevent the folks who are going 100+ times in a year.

SirLink

I could easily see a new type of annual pass that has a limit on the total number of days you can use it. That would allow people who want to go regularly in non-consecutive periods to have an option that doesn't involve buying multiple expensive tickets, but could prevent the folks who are going 100+ times in a year.

Nah think Seasonal passports with a tier loyalty scheme so the more you spend the more perks you get.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
DVC isn’t guaranteed AP’s though correct?

DVC isn’t guaranteed anything. But the number of owners who have shelled out tens of thousands of dollars do have some pull. Not California AP-level, but a little.

Prediction: Things are going to get ugly at DL.

Not sure why there’s the hate for AP holders. They literally can keep things going in bad times. Post-9/11. 2008 recession. Covid reopening. Or maybe some just think it’s better for WDW to shut down AP’s and then raise prices even further on everyone else to compensate, I don’t know...

mightynine

According to Disney's rundown of how refunds will work for Disneyland APers, the Premium Passport which allowed access to both parks is good at WDW through March 31, 2021.

Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom