Disneyland Splash Mountain on WDW Site

mpaul32001

Original Poster
So I was browsing the Times Calendar for the Magic Kingdom, and the slideshow was playing at the top of the screen, as usual, and Disneyland's Splash Mountain went across. I just thought it was interesting. I guess they think the tourists won't know any better? Maybe they just didn't have a photo of our Splash? Who knows. No big deal. :p

3105226421_a6a2cb7d3d.jpg

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wd...darHome?id=MKCalendarParkHoursMonthlyViewPage

EpcotServo

LoriMistress

So I was browsing the Times Calendar for the Magic Kingdom, and the slideshow was playing at the top of the screen, as usual, and Disneyland's Splash Mountain went across. I just thought it was interesting. I guess they think the tourists won't know any better? Maybe they just didn't have a photo of our Splash? Who knows. No big deal. :p

3105226421_a6a2cb7d3d.jpg

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wd...darHome?id=MKCalendarParkHoursMonthlyViewPage

Do Disney nerds have to nit pick every single small detail?!

Bug715

If one doesn't shout out in planning videos, news stories, or Disney websites what shots are DisneyLAND and Disney WORLD, then one can't call one self's a true Disney Geek.

Sweet I'm a Disney Geek!! lol.

On the website when you click on Magic Kingdom there is a shot of Main Street and a CM with balloons. It has to be DL cause the balloon sellers on Main Street in WDW don't wear that ugly orange/yellow costume.

agent86

Do Disney nerds have to nit pick every single small detail?!

I actually don't consider that a "small detail". Granted, it might not mean a lot to a non-Disney person as they plan their trip, but with a ride like Splash Mt, the seating configuration at each park is a major difference. Plus, it's just sloppy, IMO, to have images that aren't even from the correct park. It signals the potential for bigger, more important details that might be overlooked. I remember checking out a WDW planning book a few years ago that was supposed to be extremely informative. I happened to flip to the section that described Space Mt and they made a point of noting that the Space Mt at MK seats side-by-side, where the one at DL seats single file. Ummmmm.... only problem with that detail is that they got it backwards. Might seem like a trivial detail to some, but the fact that the authors of that book would go to the trouble to even mention a detail like that...and then not even get it right, called the credibility of the rest of the book's information into question.

disneydata

Disney constantly uses park media for other parks. I don't know exactly why, possibly the creator doesn't have the proper media at their disposal. I don't know how many times I've seen videos (both internal and public) that use wrong footage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom