Disneyland sold out for the rest of December - OCR/SCNG

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
>>If you waited until now to book a reservation to visit Disneyland and Disney California Adventure in December you are pretty much out of luck.

After today, daily ticket and annual passholder reservations for Disneyland and Disney California Adventure are unavailable for the rest of December.

At the time of publication, reservations for Wednesday, Dec. 1 were still available for visitors wishing to purchase daily tickets — but daily ticket reservations for Dec. 2-31 were sold out.

Magic Key annual passholder reservations were sold out for Dec. 1-31 at the time of publication.<<

MoonRakerSCM

I can't believe it... It was supposed to be my first visit ever. Everything was booked from plane to hotel except one thing... park tickets.
You can't imagine how sad I am. 😭
Im sorry to hear it. It's unfortunate that Disney has created this system for its guests. Do you have a back up plan? Hopefully DLand wasn't the purpose of your trip :-/

theodau

In the Parks
Yes
Thank you guys! 😔
No, it was not the only purpose of my trip but It was the highest thing in my to do list...
I really don't know why I didn't book my tickets earlier, I'm so dumb. I'm so used to Disneyland Paris (and it's quite easy to get a reservation on weekdays if you're not an annual pass holder) and I thought it will be the same ^^

drizgirl

Thank you guys! 😔
No, it was not the only purpose of my trip but It was the highest thing in my to do list...
I really don't know why I didn't book my tickets earlier, I'm so dumb. I'm so used to Disneyland Paris (and it's quite easy to get a reservation on weekdays if you're not an annual pass holder) and I thought it will be the same ^^
Honestly, I feel like if you stalk the website you'll find some spots open up at some point. Either through cancellation or Disney not resisting the urge to squeeze in a few more.

MarvelCharacterNerd

I still think once they know the results of the CM strike vote for DL tomorrow that more days may open up (if the cast don't vote to strike).

Otherwise, as noted above, just stalk the website and a day or two will likely open up here or there.

Sailor310

It's a super expensive fix (399), but if you buy an Imagine Pass, you used to be able to get in the day you buy the pass, even if it was blacked out. I don't know if the rule still applies or if it applies to reservations. ?

waltography

It's a super expensive fix (399), but if you buy an Imagine Pass, you used to be able to get in the day you buy the pass, even if it was blacked out. I don't know if the rule still applies or if it applies to reservations. ?
I don't believe this works anymore; when you buy a pass online, you then have to make a reservation based on the available openings. It was a minor thing when Magic Keys dropped that people could buy Magic Keys on release day but not be able to go to the parks because there were no reservations available (clearly the problem has snowballed since then).

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I must have been out of the loop as I didn't realize day trippers were required to make reservations. The park seems almost determined to complicate visitation.
Its been that way since they reopened the Parks, they've never stopped requiring reservations for any guest no matter ticket being used.

Sailor310

I don't believe this works anymore; when you buy a pass online, you then have to make a reservation based on the available openings. It was a minor thing when Magic Keys dropped that people could buy Magic Keys on release day but not be able to go to the parks because there were no reservations available (clearly the problem has snowballed since then).
Oops! Somewhere in the back of my mind, I had assumed they had started selling passes at the ticket booths again, but, no.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Comparing my Thanksgiving week trip two years ago to this year, the amount of people in the parks was much lower this time around.

While it sucks you won't be able to go due to there being no reservations, it may have been so crowded when you did go that you would have hardly been able to do much and would have diminished your first trip.

As others have said, just keep checking as often as you can and maybe a reservation will pop up. When I was browsing yesterday, the 9th opened up for Disneyland for a while, so you never know.

Jae Sea

I missed out in October by waiting too long, but didn't make that mistake this time. Bought my tickets and made my reservations for Christmas and New Years weekends a few weeks back and glad I did now.

mickEblu

I went heavy on Christmas/ Halloween and sacrificed January. Then just started picking up reservations again in February. I’ll still probably pick up one January reservation the day before I want to go.

AJFireman

Parks in LA county even have days they dont get up to 10,000 visitors in a day. Thats the magic number for LA County for outdoor events to check for Vaccine or negative test. They have and advertise those days that they do not check.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom