Disneyland Resort's Last Day Of Operation Wait Times - Friday, March 13th.

TP2000

Original Poster
I can see the writing on the wall where this current Coronavirus panic is going. And a reminder that we have an active and interesting thread on the Coronavirus in general here... https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...disneylands-closed-due-to-coronavirus.963028/

But wait times seem a bit low to me today, a beautifully sunny and mild March afternoon in SoCal. Will Disneyland see low crowds this weekend? Both parks are heading into their peak Spring Break weeks beginning this weekend, with 8am to Midnight daily operation starting this Friday and lasting into April.

But where are the crowds? Are they in line at Costco stocking up on toilet paper for a reason only known to them?

This thread can track the wait times and crowds, or lack thereof, at the parks owing to this Coronavirus phenomenon.

Current wait times at 2:00pm on Wednesday, March 4th...

Matterhorn Bobsleds - Temporarily Closed
Jungle Cruise, Small World, Submarine Voyage - 5 Minutes
Pirates of the Caribbean - 10 Minutes
Chase-A-Baby - 15 Minutes
Thunder Mountain, Soarin', Indiana Jones, Star Tours, Millennium Falcon: Target Run - 25 Minutes
Space Mountain, Splash Mountain - 35 Minutes
Radiator Racers - 55 Minutes

Guardians of the Galaxy - 70 Minutes

Last edited:

mickEblu

I can see the writing on the wall where this current Coronavirus panic is going. And a reminder that we have an active and interesting thread on the Coronavirus in general here... https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...disneylands-closed-due-to-coronavirus.963028/

But wait times seem a bit low to me today, a beautifully sunny and mild March afternoon in SoCal. Will Disneyland see low crowds this weekend? Both parks are heading into their peak Spring Break weeks beginning this weekend, with 8am to Midnight daily operation starting this Friday and lasting into April.

But where are the crowds? Are they in line at Costco stocking up on toilet paper for a reason only known to them?

This thread can track the wait times and crowds, or lack thereof, at the parks owing to this Coronavirus phenomenon.

Current wait times at 2:00pm on Wednesday, March 4th...

Matterhorn Bobsleds - Temporarily Closed
Jungle Cruise, Small World, Submarine Voyage - 5 Minutes
Pirates of the Caribbean - 10 Minutes
Chase-A-Baby - 15 Minutes
Thunder Mountain, Soarin', Indiana Jones, Star Tours, Millennium Falcon: Target Run - 25 Minutes
Space Mountain, Splash Mountain - 35 Minutes
Radiator Racers - 55 Minutes

Guardians of the Galaxy - 70 Minutes

I can confirm. I was at Disneyland yesterday and Costco today at 10:30 am. Disneyland was empty and wonderful. Costco had a checkout line that reached the bakery in the back. Picked the wrong day to pick up corned beef and my sons pull ups.

smooch

Those wait times are really impressive, I would love to be able to go down and experience the parks like that. It will definitely be interesting to see how Disneyland looks coming up on Spring Break amid all this panic. On a side note, I love your new signature @TP2000, the second line really got me.

TP2000

Original Poster
It will definitely be interesting to see how Disneyland looks coming up on Spring Break amid all this panic. On a side note, I love your new signature @TP2000, the second line really got me.

Just trying to bring some levity to this silliness. And every month or two I get a craving for Orange Chicken.

Wait times this evening have slid a bit, so there was no after-work bump even though the park is open until 10pm. Most notably the wait slid at Millennium Falcon: Target Run which is now only a 15 minute wait at 6:40pm, while Thunder Mountain is 20 minutes and Indiana Jones is 40 minutes.

George Lucas on a Bench

Screenshot_20200305-124133_Disneyland.jpg

Looks like an extremely light day. The longest wait at the resort is the Toy Story ride at nearly an hour, but there's nothing comparable. Why does that one always have one of the longest lines even when the resort is dead?

TP2000

Original Poster
I'm going to wait another 45 minutes before I do today's wait time reports, since I think the 2pm hour is the peak of the afternoon lines. But it's looking like today is even less busy than yesterday. And it's sunny and 82 today.

Today is also the last day of shorter hours. Starting tomorrow Disneyland is scheduled to be open 8am to Midnight seven days per week for the next six weeks, for the traditional Spring Break season. :eek:

JD2000

I don’t believe this has anything to do with the coronavirus hysteria, as the last few days were forecast to be some of the least busy days of the year. But I wouldn’t be surprised to be proven wrong... this go around! ;)

TP2000

Original Poster
I don’t believe this has anything to do with the coronavirus hysteria, as the last few days were forecast to be some of the least busy days of the year. But I wouldn’t be surprised to be proven wrong... this go around! ;)

Well, Disneyland was scheduled to be open until 10pm this week, which means they were expecting at least modest crowds. The slowest days of the year are in September and January where they close at 8pm.

Here are the wait times currently at 2pm on Thursday. It is sunny and 83 degrees in Anaheim, with a light breeze.

Star Wars: Rise Before Dawn has been broken down for the past 90 minutes.
Soarin' - Temporarily Closed
(Both theaters? Weird.)
Small World, Jungle Cruise, Submarine Voyage, Star Tours - 5 Minutes
Pirates, Chase-A-Baby - 10 Minutes
Thunder Mountain - 15 Minutes
Indiana Jones Adventure, Matterhorn, Grizzly River Run, Millennium Falcon - 25 Minutes
Radiator Racers, Guardians of the Galaxy, Splash Mountain - 30 Minutes
Space Mountain - 40 Minutes

The D Ticket Midway Mania had been closed for the past hour, but just reopened a few minutes ago and is posted at a 25 minute wait. Everything else in both parks is in the 5 to 15 minute range. Wait times are noticeably lower today than yesterday.

It will be interesting to see how this weekend develops. Rain and cooler temps are forecast to move in next Tuesday & Wednesday, although Disneyland is scheduled to be open 8am to Midnight all next week.

TP2000

Original Poster
3pm and wait times have dropped even further, which happens when the park is not busy and everybody kind of figures out they've already done all the rides they really wanted to do and they can relax. This is nutty!

Rise Before Dawn reopened and is at Boarding Group 117.
Soarin' - Still Closed For Some Reason?
Jungle Cruise, Small World, Submarines, Grizzly River Run - 5 Minutes
Thunder Mountain, Pirates, Chase-A-Baby, Star Tours - 10 Minutes
Guardians of the Galaxy - 15 Minutes
Millennium Falcon: Target Run, Matterhorn Bobsleds - 20 Minutes
Space Mountain, Indiana Jones Adventure, Splash Mountain - 30 Minutes
Radiator Springs Racers - 40 Minutes

Everything else is 5 to 15 minutes.

Some notable 5 minute wait times right now (which really means there is no line and it's a walk-on); Goofy's Sky School, Little Mermaid, Winnie The Pooh, Pinnochio's Daring Journey, Buzz Lightyear, Teacups, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, etc., etc.

britain

3pm and wait times have dropped even further, which happens when the park is not busy and everybody kind of figures out they've already done all the rides they really wanted to do and they can relax. This is nutty!

Rise Before Dawn reopened and is at Boarding Group 117.
Soarin' - Still Closed For Some Reason?
Jungle Cruise, Small World, Submarines, Grizzly River Run - 5 Minutes
Thunder Mountain, Pirates, Chase-A-Baby, Star Tours - 10 Minutes
Guardians of the Galaxy - 15 Minutes
Millennium Falcon: Target Run, Matterhorn Bobsleds - 20 Minutes
Space Mountain, Indiana Jones Adventure, Splash Mountain - 30 Minutes
Radiator Springs Racers - 40 Minutes

Everything else is 5 to 15 minutes.

Some notable 5 minute wait times right now (which really means there is no line and it's a walk-on); Goofy's Sky School, Little Mermaid, Winnie The Pooh, Pinnochio's Daring Journey, Buzz Lightyear, Teacups, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, etc., etc.

Aww... Samantha, you used to look so classy, gulping your giant martini whilst throwing shade with some quick bug eyes and a grimace.

TP2000

Original Poster
Aww... Samantha, you used to look so classy, gulping your giant martini whilst throwing shade with some quick bug eyes and a grimace.

Ha! Don't worry, this is just temporary.

I just learned what RBF means and I wanted to give this Fullerton Junior College co-ed a shot at the big time.

I already miss Samantha, so she'll be returning.

mandelbrot

Remember, there was suppose to be about 150,000 folks, including family members for NPEW this week that got cancelled. That is a lot of potential customers not in town.
And to add to this, the hotels were mostly fully booked and were otherwise very expensive as a result of the convention which bailed. Last-minute bookers are getting a great deal but people who plan in advance were scared away from this week.

Next week is the first week of DLR's spring break. We'll get a better sense of crowd patterns then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom