News Disneyland Resort To Be A Major OC Vaccination Site-OCR

Stevek

I think you mean the Bullseye Lot. All CM parking has been relocated, the old Katella lot is now Theme Park Parking, designed for Galaxy Edge sized crowds...
Someone else had posted the name on social media, I’m not up to speed on the current names. In any case, same location

Stevek

Hopefully there will be plenty vaccine to go around to put these centers to good use! This is great news.
It appears they are expecting availability given this location, others mentioned and now Dodgers Stadium converting from testing to vaccinations

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

KTLA has its helicopter over the Bullseye Lot (Former K CM Lot). 14 tents are set up there.

i-7gfsV8W-XL.jpg

i-sb6m9GD-XL.jpg

In the second photo, Katella is at the top, and Haster to the right.
can they spot any Mickey Mouse Icre Cream Bar carts from the air? What?? I like a treat after I get a shot to prove what a brave boy I am.

TP2000

Hate to burst your bubble, but those tiers are based on CDC guidelines and are generally consistent across the country.

It depends on the state. Some states are taking a look at those Phases, Sub-Phases and Tiers and saying "This is dumb. Let's just start giving it to the oldest folks first, and work our way down towards the college kids by summer."

CDC Survival Rates for Covid-19
Age 0-19 = 99.997% (yes, there are two 9's after the first two 9's)
Age 20-49 = 99.98%
Age 50-69 = 99.5%
Age 70-105 = 94.6%

But some states, like California, take the CDC Phases, Sub-Phases and Tiers and want to make it even more complicated. Sacramento is currently working on that.

Last edited:

TP2000

One more photo.

i-Mgmjrg2-XL.jpg

So we have Katella at the bottom. Going left to right. The World Mark, Clementine Street and AGW/Cheesecake Factory/JW Marriott.

The driveway into Bullseye is at the bottom (Old KCML main entrance). You will make an immediate left, then park on the right side, or if needed at the top (forgot what they call that lot, Jessie or Buzz Lightyear)). Then check in at the first 4 tents on the left, and the actual shot in the 10 tents on the right (closest to Haster).

Then exit onto Harbor at Convention Way, normally the main entrance to Toy Story.

You must check-in, get assigned a vaccine, then wait in the side tents before being called to a main tent for the shot.

Then after you get the shot you have to wait for 15 minutes to make sure the vaccine didn't give you a seizure, or worse, before you can leave and walk back to your car.

This should be interesting to see how they manage this!

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

You must check-in, get assigned a vaccine, then wait in the side tents before being called to a main tent for the shot.

Then after you get the shot you have to wait for 15 minutes to make sure the vaccine didn't give you a seizure, or worse, before you can leave and walk back to your car.

This should be interesting to see how they manage this!
Will they be offering a Fast or Max pass option or perhaps a boarding group through the Disneyland app?

lazyboy97o

Yikes! I think I’ll take my 99.5% survival chances... if I get COVID 19.
That's not an accurate summary of the side effects. The worst reaction in a little handful of people has been a severe allergic reaction requiring a short hospitalization. The incidence rate is something like 11 out of 1 million just for an allergic reaction, which is handled promptly. The survival rate 100%.

mickEblu

That's not an accurate summary of the side effects. The worst reaction in a little handful of people has been a severe allergic reaction requiring a short hospitalization. The incidence rate is something like 11 out of 1 million just for an allergic reaction, which is handled promptly. The survival rate 100%.

I’ve never done any recreational drugs in my life because I would be the one that dies on the first try. I’d imagine this would be the same for me.

Last edited:

TP2000

What is interesting though is the requirement that you be medically observed by a nurse for at least 15 minutes after the shot is given, to make sure you don't have a seizure or other "reaction".

I've gotten lots of shots in recent years at a very reputable hospital; Pneumovax23, Zostavax and then Shingrix which replaced it because Zostavax was crap, Boostrix, Twinrix, my annual Flucelvax. And not once has the nurse said "Okay, now we'll wait here for 15 minutes while I observe you to make sure you don't seize up or have a bad reaction."

The nurse gives you the shot, puts the band-aid on, and I walk away. 1 minute later I'm in the elevator, 3 minutes later I'm walking thru the parking lot to my car, and 5 minutes later I'm on the freeway onramp. But for this Covid vaccine you have to sit there for 15 minutes being observed by a nurse to make sure the vaccine didn't react badly in your system. That's gonna bog things down quite a bit.

lazyboy97o

What is interesting though is the requirement that you be medically observed by a nurse for at least 15 minutes after the shot is given, to make sure you don't have a seizure or other "reaction".

I've gotten lots of shots in recent years at a very reputable hospital; Pneumovax23, Zostavax and then Shingrix which replaced it because Zostavax was crap, Boostrix, Twinrix, my annual Flucelvax. And not once has the nurse said "Okay, now we'll wait here for 15 minutes while I observe you to make sure you don't seize up or have a bad reaction."

The nurse gives you the shot, puts the band-aid on, and I walk away. 1 minute later I'm in the elevator, 3 minutes later I'm walking thru the parking lot to my car, and 5 minutes later I'm on the freeway onramp. But for this Covid vaccine you have to sit there for 15 minutes being observed by a nurse to make sure the vaccine didn't react badly in your system. That's gonna bog things down quite a bit!
Just because you didn't know something doesn't mean it is new.

"Vaccine providers, particularly when vaccinating adolescents, should consider observing patients (with patients seated or lying down) for 15 minutes after vaccination to decrease the risk for injury should they faint"

SuddenStorm

Listening to my friends talk about this you'd think getting vaccinated at Disneyland would involve selecting your choice of Disney character to inject you after enjoying a nice lunch on Main Street and getting a complimentary churro after receiving the vaccine.

Honestly, I'm surprised Disney wasn't the first company to offer a vaccine- just offering everyone a swig of the pirates water probably would have done it.

CaptinEO

The nurse gives you the shot, puts the band-aid on, and I walk away. 1 minute later I'm in the elevator, 3 minutes later I'm walking thru the parking lot to my car, and 5 minutes later I'm on the freeway onramp. But for this Covid vaccine you have to sit there for 15 minutes being observed by a nurse to make sure the vaccine didn't react badly in your system. That's gonna bog things down quite a bit.
They should put you on the DLRR as it is a 15 minute trip. This way they can have a continuous 15 minute loop of people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom