News Disneyland Resort Now CLOSED Due To Coronavirus - Reopening Date Unknown

Mac Tonight

I envy you. I fly LA - NYC a dozen times every year and have knocked out maybe once. Now that was a truly magical experience.
I used to stay awake and watch movies on flights back in the day... but then I realized that by sleeping, the flight went by in a flash!

JD2000

We're living in a post-COVID19 world. People will accept whatever the new norms become.
maybe. but with travel distance, greater cost, limited time, etc. tourists would be out of their minds to visit. as they could be turned away. without even having the coronavirus.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

I know right, where are all these magical flights.... :p
I’ve got an idea. In this time where we can’t go to Disney World, we should go to @TP2000 world. Where he takes us on a tour of all of his houses around the world, sitting in first class, and eating fancy meals. He can even get behind the bar, make us a stiff drink, and tell us all the juicy gossip we all want to hear.

I'd pay WDW money for that.

TP2000

Original Poster
Interesting article just popped up in The Hollywood Reporter. The headline sums it up "Hollywood's Virus Relief Efforts Slow To Materialize" as Hollywood bigwigs and prominent actors who normally are so quick to Virtue Signal on their Instagram suddenly go silent and keep their wallets clamped shut, while the little people who work for them can't pay rent or buy groceries.

But Disney is also mysteriously absent from any major giving to front line Hollywood workers. Sony and Warner Brother's have each given $100 Million, but Disney has offered nothing so far.

Bob Iger gave $500,000 himself to a Los Angeles city fund, but that's it so far. Forbes Magazine has estimated Bob Iger's personal net worth at over $650 Million and climbing for the past few years.

The stars and celebrities themselves are pretty much MIA right now.

Interesting.

Last edited:

TP2000

Original Poster
I’ve got an idea. In this time where we can’t go to Disney World, we should go to @TP2000 world. Where he takes us on a tour of all of his houses around the world, sitting in first class, and eating fancy meals. He can even get behind the bar, make us a stiff drink, and tell us all the juicy gossip we all want to hear.

I'd pay WDW money for that.
For the record, I have only one (1) home, and while its lovely it's a rather mundane suburban thing on a quiet street. There's a beachy crash pad down in La Jolla, but it's technically owned by a cousin and is used by the whole family. And I won't be paying for First Class tickets on Lufthansa for anyone but me. :D

That said, I can get behind the bar and make a few cocktails so we can share juicy gossip. ;)

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

For the record, I have only one (1) home, and while its lovely it's a rather mundane suburban thing on a quiet street. There's a beachy crash pad down in La Jolla, but it's technically owned by a cousin and is used by the whole family. And I won't be paying for First Class tickets on Lufthansa for anyone but me. :D

That said, I can get behind the bar and make a few cocktails so we can share juicy gossip. ;)
Everyone hear that? Party at @TP2000 house! Bring your masks, he'll bring the drinks.

Disney Irish

maybe. but with travel distance, greater cost, limited time, etc. tourists would be out of their minds to visit. as they could be turned away. without even having the coronavirus.
Well I can't speak for American tourists, but I would guess that most Asian tourists would accept it. But again people will accept a new norm as things open back up again.

cmwade77

Actually turning away people with high fevers would be a good idea no matter if it is from a CoronaVirus or other illness, as if you are running such a high fever, you will be contagious. Of course there will always be the outliers that always run a high and perhaps they will need a doctors note that verifies such, although I don't know if that would be legal.

Phrubruh

What’s your source? I write a report daily that includes projected and actual daily attendance levels for my position at the resort. Most days, attendance hovers around 40k. And that is not a comfortable crowd level when you’re in the parks. Of course, operations ramp up according to demand, so a 50k won’t feel proportionally more crowded.

I’ll concede that if you average out the attendance, it’s higher than 40k. But with this kind of thing, median gives a better picture than mean, since the insane crowds between Christmas and New Years are such big outliers.

...I just looked back to the week of Christmas and New Years this year. Even then, attendance was just barely above 50k on the non-holiday days.
What's yours? From all I can tell from your posts, your presenting yourself as a laid off part time cast member.
And possible sock puppet.

BayouShack

What's yours? From all I can tell from your posts, your presenting yourself as a laid off part time cast member.
And possible sock puppet.
Ah the internet. Where if someone doesn’t agree with what you say, they just call you liar and imposter. What an easy way to “win” an “argument”.

I already told you my source is Disney’s internal numbers.

You’re acting like I’m the Dip’n’Dots guy claiming to know the new secret roller coaster a park is building. I’m just reporting concrete numbers.

Oh well. This is not the hill I want to die on. I always enjoy the pictures you post on the Knotts/Universal/Magic Mountain threads; I’m not interested in creating bad blood.

George Lucas on a Bench

Interesting article just popped up in The Hollywood Reporter. The headline sums it up "Hollywood's Virus Relief Efforts Slow To Materialize" as Hollywood bigwigs and prominent actors who normally are so quick to Virtue Signal on their Instagram suddenly go silent and keep their wallets clamped shut, while the little people who work for them can't pay rent or buy groceries.

But Disney is also mysteriously absent from any major giving to front line Hollywood workers. Sony and Warner Brother's have each given $100 Million, but Disney has offered nothing so far.

Bob Iger gave $500,000 himself to a Los Angeles city fund, but that's it so far. Forbes Magazine has estimated Bob Iger's personal net worth at over $650 Million and climbing for the past few years.

The stars and celebrities themselves are pretty much MIA right now.

Interesting.

While you'll always have celebrity-obsessed worshiping weirdos, I think the Chinese Virus crisis has turned a lot of people off to these Hollyweird loons. The best example was the embarrassing singing celebrities video. With the chips down and pressure on, these celebrities reveal their true colors just by being super-rich. They're not like us. They're in first class boarding the lifeboats while the rest of us ride the sinking ship down.

TINKWINGS

Premium Member
Everyone hear that? Party at @TP2000 house! Bring your masks, he'll bring the drinks.
If you squint your eyes really hard while looking at TP2000 shaking his martini shaker and imagine the ears a bit larger and rounded...…can just about resemble a certain Disney icon...…….:oops: So if we are to recreate any semblance of the DLR experience at TP's it is a start....

Wonder how the bathroom remodel is going......should wait til it is complete before we party.....just 'sayin.;)

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Ah the internet. Where if someone doesn’t agree with what you say, they just call you liar and imposter. What an easy way to “win” an “argument”.

I already told you my source is Disney’s internal numbers.

You’re acting like I’m the Dip’n’Dots guy claiming to know the new secret roller coaster a park is building. I’m just reporting concrete numbers.

Oh well. This is not the hill I want to die on. I always enjoy the pictures you post on the Knotts/Universal/Magic Mountain threads; I’m not interested in creating bad blood.
Anyone can say, "Disneyland averages 45k daily attendance, trust me I know what I'm taking about I'm an insider". What Phrubruh is trying to say is that you are an unknown person. You've only been here a couple months and haven't really posted much. So basically your claim is suspect because you haven't been proven as some insider with any real inside information. For all we know you really are the Dip'n'Dots guy just claiming to have inside information.

If you want to people to take you seriously you will need to prove yourself as having trustworthy information.

fctiger

Watching the news now and they are saying 'only' 60,000 people could be dead by August and that's based on if we do everything we are doing right now through August! That's nuts. I don't see these measures going that long but it very well could be and nothing could be open beyond what is now until the summer is over. It's just amazing what is happening. My guess is at the very least this will be extended through the end of May now.

Last edited:

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

Watching the news now and they are saying 'only' 60,000 people could be dead by August and that's based on if we do everything we are doing right now through August! That's nuts. I don't see these measures going that long but it very well could be and nothing could be open beyond what is now until the summer is over. It's just amazing what is happening. My guess is at the very least this will be extended through the end of May now.
I believe it's with social distancing through the end of May, not August.

Here's the info for California. Basically, the line for the total deaths in the state of California is stagnant come May 15th and doesn't increase through August.

I think we see DLR open up by end of May and WDW at the end of June.

Top Bottom