News Disneyland Resort Now CLOSED Due To Coronavirus - Reopening Date Unknown

TP2000

Original Poster
Must just be on select international flights, because I was on a first class flight from SF to Philly and didn't get regular silverware like in that picture. Got just simple plastic ones. And this was a Delta flight. I've also flown on JetBlue in business class, same thing, no regular silverware.
I'm a patriotic guy, but the airlines in our country are absolutely horrible and an awful embarrassment to our country. If you can, and when things return to normal, treat yourself to a flight on a well known foreign airline like Swissair, Japan Airlines, Lufthansa, etc. It's like the difference between WalMart and Nordstrom.

Apparently we need to fly with TP2000 more often. He's flying around in style!

I'm lucky if they let me out of my cage in cargo.
I just Googled that photo, it's not mine. But I am familiar with Swiss and a few other foreign airlines and have treated myself to some nice flights in my life. You can't take it with you, so why not go in style while you're still here?! 🧐

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

Advertisement
I'm a patriotic guy, but the airlines in our country are absolutely horrible and an awful embarrassment to our country. If you can, and when things return to normal, treat yourself to a flight on a well known foreign airline like Swissair, Japan Airlines, Lufthansa, etc. It's like the difference between WalMart and Nordstrom.

I just Googled that photo, it's not mine. But I am familiar with Swiss and a few other foreign airlines and have treated myself to some nice flights in my life. You can't take it with you, so why not go in style while you're still here?! 🧐
By Googled that photo, do you mean you got your phone and said "Hey Google, show me my pictures from my swanky flight back from my second third fourth home in the Swiss Alps"? ;-)

And yes, international airlines are the best. I flew to Japan on Japan Airlines once and I've never had it so good in my life.

Disney Irish

For me its like a car, as long as it gets me there safe and looks ok then I don't care much about the specific amenities.

Anyways to get back on topic. My point was just like with the airlines, TSA, or what have you, a large portion of our social safety protocols are just theater. So if taking everyone's temp while in line at bag check makes people feel safe then so be it.

Mouse Trap

Must just be on select international flights, because I was on a first class flight from SF to Philly and didn't get regular silverware like in that picture. Got just simple plastic ones. And this was a Delta flight. I've also flown on JetBlue in business class, same thing, no regular silverware.
Hmm really? I was on Delta in Feb and had regular silverware. Domestic flight on a 737-900ER.

Any other flights with Delta I flew first in 2019 were regular silverware as well.

BayouShack

No, they don't. But the source of the numbers is the closest thing we have and has historically been pretty close to accurate based on my experience.
I’m sure they’re pretty good at guessing attendance order between parks, and the direction and proportion of changes from one year to the next at a particular park. But the numbers themselves don’t represent the number of unique visitors on an average day.

Disney Irish

Hmm really? I was on Delta in Feb and had regular silverware. Domestic flight on a 737-900ER.

Any other flights with Delta I flew first in 2019 were regular silverware as well.
Dunno, could be specific routes, or something. I know a lot of airlines are trying to cut weight, so cutlery is one area they looked at. So they've gone to plastics for that reason.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

The TEA Theme Index has a number of flaws that leads to massive inflation in their “guesses”, many of which are listed in the article.

It‘s the best guess, but not terribly accurate.

And you’re adding another layer of error by extrapolating from inaccurate data. Dividing annual attendance by 365 doesn’t tell you what the average day’s attendance level is.
I’m sure they’re pretty good at guessing attendance order between parks, and the direction and proportion of changes from one year to the next at a particular park. But the numbers themselves don’t represent the number of unique visitors on an average day.
Maybe they've pegged DLR incorrect then. My experience across multiple resorts is the TEA Theme Index is much closer to accurate. I also would be surprised if TEA is off by millions of visitors (an average of ~40K a day computes to 14.6 million, which would mean they're off by 4 million guests).

Not sure what you mean by dividing annual attendance by 365 doesn't reflect an average day's attendance level. That just assumes a flat rate across the board. Of course you have to take seasonality into that (lower attendance in February, higher spring break taking into account passholders). On average, if you take the seasonality out of it, to achieve the 18.66 million they're saying Disneyland gets, it would average out to 51K (some days higher, some days lower, but the average would remain the same).

Mouse Trap

Dunno, could be specific routes, or something. I know a lot of airlines are trying to cut weight, so cutlery is one area they looked at. So they've gone to plastics for that reason.
With the freezer burnt Cherry Garcia Ben & Jerry's ice cream that Delta has been serving for far too long there's no way plastic silverware would survive.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

I think it would boil down more to flight routes. If you fly from SFO or LAX to JFK or BOS, you are probably more likely to get the fancier amenities in first class (I've for years seen ads for planes with the 'bed' seats and I've never actually been on one of those planes, but that's because they're for specific routes).

Disney Irish

With the freezer burnt Cherry Garcia Ben & Jerry's ice cream that Delta has been serving for far too long there's no way plastic silverware would survive.
You'd be surprised how sturdy some plastics can be. These are not the same single use plastic utensils you get at the store for picnics and such.

For example here is AirFrance's line of cutlery, all reusable hard plastic:

Sir_Cliff

Yes, I've flown from Europe to the US on Delta in the past year and there was regular silverware.

Top Bottom