News Disneyland Resort Now CLOSED Due To Coronavirus - Reopening Date Unknown

TP2000

Original Poster
Friends, I have news...

About 15 minutes ago I got a text from the State of California, alerting me my Covid-19 test results were in and had been sent to my email.

I do not have Covid-19. I tested negative! 🧐

I have printed out the PDF file they sent me, and I will be taking it to a barbecue this weekend to present with pride to the hostess so I don't get stink-eye if I double dip on the cheesy artichoke spread I'm bringing.

And with my negative test results in my mind and America in my heart, I just put up my American flag on my front porch for the holiday weekend and am about to head into celebrating a gorgeously sunny Memorial Day Weekend here in SoCal. A shame that Disneyland won't be part of those plans, but I wish everyone here a very happy Memorial Day! Please give a thought to all those brave Americans who gave their life over the last 244 years for our great country.

Happy summer gang, get out there and enjoy it! And get a Covid-19 Test!

Last edited:

George Lucas on a Bench

Advertisement
Disney is remaining very, very silent on the closure with cryptic updates on the closure on their websites, but nothing to indicate they will reopen the theme parks. I'm not a betting man, but if I were, I don't really know what I would put my money on. I'm leaning toward Disney parks continuing to be shuttered, reservations canceled and cryptic website updates...while Universal becomes the top destination in central Florida.

71ea2c7aabb1efe7fe64739479c0bf7a.gif

Darkbeer1

I think the reality is that people in the MidWest and the South don't care about the Coronavirus, and that'll help Walt Disney World succeed. People in those places just want to start Summer and get back to things being normal. Californians still seem terrified of the virus and have far less interest in going outdoors than the rest of the country. That alone will delay Summer in this state, and subsequently Disneyland's success whenever they reopen.
Maybe the City of LA and Sacramento, but look at all the Counties opening up, including San Diego and Ventura. Big Bear has said they will not enforce any COVID-19 regulations.

Orange County is waiting for the paperwork to be approved from Sacramento.

Plenty of folks outside the highly Urban areas want things reopened, as they are not seeing hospital impacts or high deaths.

Darkbeer1

Friends, I have news...

About 15 minutes ago I got a text from the State of California, alerting me my Covid-19 test results were in and had been sent to my email.

I have printed out the PDF file they sent me, and I will be taking it to a barbecue this weekend to present with pride to the hostess so I don't get stink-eye if I double dip on the cheesy artichoke spread I'm bringing.

And with my negative test results in my mind and America in my heart, I just put up my American flag on my front porch for the holiday weekend and am about to head into celebrating a gorgeously sunny Memorial Day Weekend here in SoCal. A shame that Disneyland won't be part of those plans, but I wish everyone here a very happy Memorial Day! Please give a thought to all those brave Americans who gave their life over the last 244 years for our great country.

Congrats.

Happy Memorial Day to all.

And please join us for Anaheim's Flag Day on Sunday Afternoon, June 14th. Come to the Main Library parking lot, as we create a parade of cars that will go by 9 nearby parks.

brb1006

I like your optimism! Let's hope it pans out that way!

Wait, I don't like either of those guys. I mean, Obi Wan is cool I guess, but he certainly isn't a looker. And Darth Vader is kind of cool in a different way, but also not a looker. And I don't think @lazyboy97o is Darth. I think he's more like C3PO accessing his data banks to correct me. And I honestly like C3PO.

Why can't I be Han Solo circa 1977?
So something like this?

October82

Plenty of folks outside the highly Urban areas want things reopened, as they are not seeing hospital impacts or high deaths.
Although this view is intuitive, it's not something that should be repeated uncritically. Rural areas have taken longer to see widespread community transmission, but the number infected is a function of both the transmission rate and the amount of time that transmission occurs without serious intervention. Rural areas will see "flatter" curves but not necessarily fewer cases. Public health experts expect these areas to see worse overall outcomes owing to the nature of the populations in rural areas and their access to healthcare, as well as more undiagnosed or misattributed deaths.

It's smart analysis from a smart source.

I've also seen a lot of pictures of an empty Disney Springs today. It's possible their future bookings are telling them something troubling enough to postpone reopening plans.
Aloha,
I imagine any decline of future bookings are due to the economy, various State C19 restrictions AND the lack of any certainty when WDW will open. Once WDW commits I expect to see the bookings increase. The question remains how much.

Darkbeer1

Currently at the Cambria Food Court Area getting lunch/dinner. Surprisingly people are here. Maybe 20 or so.

Corner of Katella and Anaheim Bl.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Exactly.

My grandma is currently in a facility. She’s been there since late February/early March and hasn’t been allowed to leave, of course. She caught COVID-19 during her stay there. Same for other folks there.

That’s also how my great aunt caught it.
Sorry to hear about your grandmother and aunt.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I got tested a few days ago, just for fun and to see what all the fuss was about.

There are dozens of testing locations here in OC. All of them had immediate appointments available. The one I chose near my house was empty and quiet when I got there in late afternoon, and all five reserved parking spaces were empty. The nurses were very sweet and happy for the company and the excitement of doing a test. They said I could come back every two weeks if I wanted to. It was completely free.

The whole thing took six minutes, but it could have taken only four minutes if I hadn't been so chatty with the nurses.

Go get tested! It's fun and interesting and unique! And free!

can we ask if you got the corona or nah?

mickEblu

I think the reality is that people in the MidWest and the South don't care about the Coronavirus, and that'll help Walt Disney World succeed. People in those places just want to start Summer and get back to things being normal. Californians still seem terrified of the virus and have far less interest in going outdoors than the rest of the country. That alone will delay Summer in this state, and subsequently Disneyland's success whenever they reopen.
Not me or all the other people at the beach today. I did a nice a hike at Malibu Creek State park today. Then went to Malibu Seafood and the beach. The beach was more crowded than Monday and 95 % of people were not wearing masks and everyone was sitting their on the sand or just standing in the water. Nobody was running or surfing and there was nobody enforcing any ridiculous rules. Those rules are so dumb for outdoor places like beaches and parks.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Friends, I have news...

Glad you are ok fam

Darkbeer1

Stevek

Friends, I have news...

Careful you could still get it beteween now and your BBQ. :p

Stevek

He posted he was negative.

It was in the Happy Memorial Day post a few hours earlier.

TP2000, you do know Riverside County has approval to open its Malls and Dine In Restaurants now!

As a Riverside County resident, I've got mixed feelings. I'm still waiting a bit to resume normal behavior but will continue to support our local restaurants as I have been since day one.

I also have a family cabin in Big Bear and they've told business owners they can do what they want while asking to practice social distancing, masks, etc. We went up the last 2 weekends (last week and the week before) and there was a bigger difference with last weekend having far more shops open than the previous week...people were already ignoring the state orders. This is their first big non-winter weekend so I will be interested to see how things go up there. I'm confident they are trying to have as much open as possible for the 4th of July which is their busiest weekend/holiday of the year. We generally go up every year, still not sure what we will do this year.

Top Bottom