News Disneyland Resort Now CLOSED Due To Coronavirus - Reopening Date Unknown

Disstevefan1

Advertisement
Keep your hands arms feet and legs inside the vehicle at all times!
I t B e g i n s . . . .

Smooch

Premium Member
Alright well I guess stuff is really about to start hitting the fan with basically every sports league closing, more and more schools going fully online (mine just announced today the transition begins effective immediately) and now Disneyland closing, I am sure more theme parks are going to follow suit. Things are going to get a lot worse before they get better.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Not yet, but the Florida governor issued the same "no events larger than 250 people" guidance just today. So it will likely happen shortly for WDW.

This one's gonna leave a mark! :eek:
It likely takes a little bit longer to pull the trigger in Florida due to the destination resort nature of it. They have to get all the call centers ready with necessary information and reservation change rules and guidelines for the massive flood of calls that will come in and just blow them out of the water the minute similar is announced for WDW.

mharrington

Yippie Day, 9/11, and now this...
At least those days were only just one. This is literally the first time that Disneyland has been closed for longer than that. I also have the sneaking suspicion that it will be extended beyond March 31.

BrianLo

Could it be closed longer ? They haven`t reopened the Asian resorts yet after 30+ days
As someone who predicted the total opposite for the Asian parks. Yes. Definitely longer than two weeks.

North America will not be in a better place two weeks from now.

Maybe by May? But they are dragging their feet on reopening in Asia.

mharrington

Could it be closed longer ? They haven`t reopened the Asian resorts yet after 30+ days
It could, especially since the Tokyo resort was supposed to have opened on March 15, but has now been extended to April. I think we should just assume that they will remain closed for as long as the coronavirus is still around.

Top Bottom