News Disneyland Resort in California plans to begin phased reopening July 9

truecoat

Why does this site censor the name of the male co-star in Mary Poppins?

I posted that on Micechat's FB page and a couple people were really upset.

Dick Van  2.jpg

mickEblu

There are actually two sites that are banned from referencing. The "Today" site because he posts false leads and gets called on it and goes berserk over it and not pleasant. He and this site's management had a falling out and this site's management doesn't want to reinflame things with (lengthy) discussion of that site or to get the fans of this and that site to squabble. The other site is "Easy" and is a friend of the other sight and similarly banned. Look up "Corless" and you'll find the sites. Not recommended to use either. Their site names are in the censored word list of the forum and will just get asterisked out.

Neither of you have received permission to use Mr. Van Dyke's name. I can because Dick and me are friends from when we worked together.

You worked with 🍆🍒 ?

Askimosita

In the Parks
Yes
Just FYI, just read an article (Not sure if they are one of the unnamable sources or not) that social distancing markers were seen being installed near the gates of Disneyland today, and additional plexiglass as well. There was also touch up painting. I didn’t see it with my own eyes yet, but I’ll let you know after a visit this evening.

Curious Constance

Aw, maybe next time with a little more of a heads up 😜 It’ll only take me a few days detour with a few breaks; not bad! Maybe Disneyland would be open by then 😂
If you drive straight through it’s about 15 hours with a few shortish stops along the way. The way up won’t be terrible, but I’m not going to lie, when you being me home and make the return journey it’s going to be hellish lol

Last edited:

TP2000

If you drive straight through it’s about 15 hours with a few shortish stops along the way. The way up won’t be terrible, but I’m not going to lie, when your being me home and make the return journey it’s going to be hellish lol

Ugh. 15 hours in one shot? You are either superhuman, or a sadist.

My speed record from driving from SoCal to Oregon is two days max; with an overnight in Redding. My preference for the straight shot up I-5 is three days, with lunch at Pea Soup Andersen's in Santa Nella and a detour and stop in the Bay Area the first day, then a long day of driving with lunch at the Nut Tree and an overnight in Ashland, then a late breakfast and some shopping in Ashland with an early evening arrival in Portland, with at least two days in Portland of Powell's Books and Ringside Steakhouse and a late cabaret at Darcelle XV before a quick final burst up I-5 to Seattle. I purposely hit Seattle 5pm traffic so I can be in gridlock on the Evergreen Floating Bridge to get to the east side of the lake, just because that's such a unique commute. So I guess that's 6 days total to get from Villa Park, CA to Bellevue, WA.

If I take the scenic route along the coast, add a week.

Curious Constance

Ugh. 15 hours in one shot? You are either superhuman, or a sadist.

My speed record from driving from SoCal to Oregon is two days max; with an overnight in Redding. My preference for the straight shot up I-5 is three days, with lunch at Pea Soup Andersen's in Santa Nella and a detour and stop in the Bay Area the first day, then a long day of driving with lunch at the Nut Tree and an overnight in Ashland, then a late breakfast and some shopping in Ashland with an early evening arrival in Portland, with at least two days in Portland of Powell's Books and Ringside Steakhouse and a late cabaret at Darcelle XV before a quick final burst up I-5 to Seattle. I purposely hit Seattle 5pm traffic so I can be in gridlock on the Evergreen Floating Bridge to get to the east side of the lake, just because that's such a unique commute. So I guess that's 6 days total to get from Villa Park, CA to Bellevue, WA.

If I take the scenic route along the coast, add a week.

Lol that’s a lot of paid time off from work! To be honest, I’ve only ever done the drive to Disneyland two or three times I think? Once or twice with me and my husband splitting the drive time, and once when my brother came with us and did all the driving. The way down is always waaayyy better. Everyone is energetic and excited to get to Disneyland !!!! We are chatting about what we will do at the parks and listening to Disney songs and singing along like the picture perfect family. The way home with everyone exhausted from days spent in the park and a couple of moody toddlers in the back (which should tell you how long it’s been since I’ve attempted to make the drive since those toddlers are now 16 1/2 and almost 13) and before long you start losing your grip on reality and make desperate, anxiety pacts with yourself in muttered whispers as you slowly rock back and forth in the car that you’ll never make the drive again and stick to flying. Which is what we have been doing for over ten years now. 😀

Professortango1

Lol that’s a lot of paid time off from work! To be honest, I’ve only ever done the drive to Disneyland two or three times I think? Once or twice with me and my husband splitting the drive time, and once when my brother came with us and did all the driving. The way down is always waaayyy better. Everyone is energetic and excited to get to Disneyland !!!! We are chatting about what we will do at the parks and listening to Disney songs and singing along like the picture perfect family. The way home with everyone exhausted from days spent in the park and a couple of moody toddlers in the back (which should tell you how long it’s been since I’ve attempted to make the drive since those toddlers are now 16 1/2 and almost 13) and before long you start losing your grip on reality and make desperate, anxiety pacts with yourself in muttered whispers as you slowly rock back and forth in the car that you’ll never make the drive again and stick to flying. Which is what we have been doing for over ten years now. 😀

I know this phenomenon. I love driving to Vegas..but every time I drive home, I swear I'm flying and never doing this again.

truecoat

I know this phenomenon. I love driving to Vegas..but every time I drive home, I swear I'm flying and never doing this again.

I did that drive once on a Sunday and it was just a traffic jam. It could all be taken care of by building a giant rest area or making the exit 3 miles away so all the cars can wait on a side road. Once we got past the rest area, it was busy but moved just fine. RIP to our tickets on the Christmas boat parade that night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom