News Disneyland Resort in California plans to begin phased reopening July 9

Figments Friend

One would think I'd know this, but where is the one at WDW?

Not just one Hans, four if I am remembering correctly ( it's late here...)
One 'Club 33' location at each of the four WDW Theme Parks.

Memory is hazy, let's see if I get this right -
MK's in located in Adventureland...in the same building as the Skipper's Canteen.
DAK'is located in a custom built building that sits alongside the pathway that goes from Pandora to Africa.
DHS's is upstairs on the upper level of The Brown Derby...I think...( fading fast....zzzzz)
Totally can't recall where Epcot's is....

None of them top the 'original' at Disneyland.

-

Last edited:

ThreadMaster5

Askimosita

In the Parks
Yes
Don't know if anyone caught this:

I suspect this was a sticking point which caused the Unions push back on reopening. So if implemented might pave the way for a reopening.

I saw they implemented it for WDW just yesterday, so I would be more surprised than not if they don’t do that here.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Don't know if anyone caught this:

I suspect this was a sticking point which caused the Unions push back on reopening. So if implemented might pave the way for a reopening.
If I were to guess, I'd say Toy Story Lot is the obvious choice.

With limited attendance for reopening there's enough parking at M&F/PP. Toy Story is an outdoor lot and not directly connected to park property (and isn't it sorta kinda owned by Anaheim rather than Disney anyway?). So just let the state test there and Disney stays out of it otherwise, like it seems they're doing in FL.

If I were a gambler, I'd...
1597520715548.png

Disney Irish

Premium Member
pretty doubtful
Why?

I saw they implemented it for WDW just yesterday, so I would be more surprised than not if they don’t do that here.
That is why I think its more likely to happen. Plus I suspect this would be one of the state mandated requirements.

If I were to guess, I'd say Toy Story Lot is the obvious choice.

With limited attendance for reopening there's enough parking at M&F/PP. Toy Story is an outdoor lot and not directly connected to park property (and isn't it sorta kinda owned by Anaheim rather than Disney anyway?). So just let the state test there and Disney stays out of it otherwise, like it seems they're doing in FL.

If I were a gambler, I'd...
View attachment 491167
Well since this is testing for CMs I don't know why it would need to be at Toy Story and not at CM parking.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Well since this is testing for CMs I don't know why it would need to be at Toy Story and not at CM parking.
Disney in FL said they would not provide testing for CM's. They did not. They allowed the state to do testing on their property which includes a separate line for CM's but the testing site is administered by the state and is open to the public for testing. Anyone can go get testing there even though it's being held in a Disney parking lot. Assuming they do the same here - testing for anyone who wants it but a special line for CM's - Toy Story seems a logical spot. No reason to send the public to a CM lot nor take up the space at CM parking to do so.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Disney in FL said they would not provide testing for CM's. They did not. They allowed the state to do testing on their property which includes a separate line for CM's but the testing site is administered by the state and is open to the public for testing. Anyone can go get testing there even though it's being held in a Disney parking lot. Assuming they do the same here - testing for anyone who wants it but a special line for CM's - Toy Story seems a logical spot. No reason to send the public to a CM lot nor take up the space at CM parking to do so.
I get your point, and not saying you're wrong and it won't happen that way. But I'm going based on just the information provided in the article about DL, not what happened in WDW.

So the article says that Disney is weighing it options for CMs. It doesn't say what those options are, nor does it say it would automatically be a private/public partnership. I'm sure that is an option Disney is considering. Another option is to just test all CMs daily since it would likely be a smaller percentage of the 30k+ CMs, and a lot less than the number of CMs at WDW.

So no I wouldn't automatically assume its going to be open to the public, facilitating the need for public access. Also just a thought the state may require theme parks of a certain size to have an onsite testing facility just for employees as part of its reopening guidelines.

Darkbeer1

Orange County Health Care agency, along with the city of Anaheim has been offering daily testing at the Convention Center. Drive through, self swab process.

So why not send CM's there?

Darkbeer1

>>
Meet Public Health criteria for priority testing:
  • Healthcare workers and first responders
  • Workers in congregate living settings such as skilled nursing facilities, jails, or homeless shelter settings
  • Individuals with close contact (15 minutes or more within 6 feet) to someone known or suspected to have COVID-19
  • Essential workers – those with contact with the public such as such as grocery store workers, social service providers, government workers, etc.<<

MarvelCharacterNerd

Also just a thought the state may require theme parks of a certain size to have an onsite testing facility just for employees as part of its reopening guidelines.
It's certainly possible that CA will have different regulations and restrictions than FL. And if it is limited to CM testing, then probably one of the off-site CM lots would do.

But I'd still bet on Disney opposing running one themselves and instead offering on off-site location (i.e. Toy Story) for the state or another private organization to handle it, in which case I'd still guess it would be available to public as well as CM's. Just my guess based on how it worked out in FL.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see!

cmwade77

id like to believe that but the $400 + whatever they re getting from the state might be more or the same as what they were getting paid by Disney.
Actually, it will now be $300 and for some it will be, adding California signs on to the plan ad it is optional for each state. But for many it won't be and will be problematic, it will also be a problem when the funding for it runs out in 6 to 8 weeks.

ThreadMaster5

Actually, it will now be $300 and for some it will be, adding California signs on to the plan ad it is optional for each state. But for many it won't be and will be problematic, it will also be a problem when the funding for it runs out in 6 to 8 weeks.
Doubtful, it is still a fair bit more then what they get paid by Disney.

ThreadMaster5

Why?

That is why I think its more likely to happen. Plus I suspect this would be one of the state mandated requirements.

Because the union stated that their CMs were not comfortable working, I’m not sure what that has to do with testing?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It's certainly possible that CA will have different regulations and restrictions than FL. And if it is limited to CM testing, then probably one of the off-site CM lots would do.

But I'd still bet on Disney opposing running one themselves and instead offering on off-site location (i.e. Toy Story) for the state or another private organization to handle it, in which case I'd still guess it would be available to public as well as CM's. Just my guess based on how it worked out in FL.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see!
And I get your points, and they make sense if Disney isn't required to have one just for CMs. But my bet is CA and more specifically the Unions will require an on-site facility just for CMs in order for the Park to reopen. So yep, we'll have to wait and see.

ThreadMaster5

Because one of the sticking points of the Unions was in order for CM to return they wanted CM testing.
Not from what I read, if that was such a sticking point why is downtown Disney open? They don’t test their CMs either
Edit: I know that the union asked for testing but saying it’s a sticking point in re opening is doubtful which is what I responded too initially

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Not from what I read, if that was such a sticking point why is downtown Disney open? They don’t test their CMs either
Edit: I know that the union asked for testing but saying it’s a sticking point in re opening is doubtful which is what I responded too initially
It was one of the major points they put in their letter to Newsom about the reopening.

Right from the letter, I've made it bold and underlined to express the point:

"Each member Union of CRLU has met with the Company to discuss terms for reopening. Although Disney has provided some information and accommodated some of our concerns, such as the need for the company to take temperatures of all cast members as they enter the worksite, there are numerous questions about safety which Disney has not yet answered, including any serious discussion of ‘testing’ – which has been the cornerstone of plans for other areas of the entertainment industry re- opening. Moreover, Disney has rejected or not yet responded to important safety proposals made by CRLU member unions. Therefore, at this point we do not know if the resort can be operated safely. "

The very fact they made it the one item they specifically identified as being an area about safety that Disney didn't address indicates its a major sticking point.

Also aren't a majority of DTD employees not directly Disney employed, thus not CM?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom