News Disneyland Resort in California plans to begin phased reopening July 9

George Lucas on a Bench

giphy (2).gif

TROR

Because theme park capacity will be significantly limited to comply with governmental requirements and promote physical distancing, the Disneyland Resort will manage attendance through a new theme park reservation system that will require all guests, including Annual Passholders, to obtain a reservation for park entry in advance. Theme park reservations will be subject to availability.
Once approved, the Disneyland Resort will reopen with enhanced health and safety measures. In addition, a Guest Experience Team will be available throughout the parks and Downtown Disney District to assist guests with questions regarding these new policies.

Certain experiences that draw large group gatherings – such as parades and nighttime spectaculars – will return at a later date. While character meet and greets will be temporarily unavailable, characters will be in the parks in new ways to entertain and delight guests.
Most of this we already knew, but it's all still vague on what will be required of guests.

BubbaisSleep

Yay, I’m excited! I’m going to give some time for the guinea pigs to check the park out, but if things turn out fine I’d like to go. What an anniversary!

cmwade77

Paradise Pier over Disneyland Hotel??? That's an interesting choice.
But one that makes sense from a social distancing stand point, easier to control the pools.

Most of this we already knew, but it's all still vague on what will be required of guests.
Reading between the lines while also considering recent surveys, I suspect they want to make masks "strongly suggested, but not required," but this will depend on if Orange County lifts its mask order or not, which it sounds like may happen in the next week or two.

cmwade77

How do benefits, blackouts, and extensions work? Or is that too much to ask.
Oh, that is way too much to ask, that is where things will get downright complicated, especially for those with flex passes. Also, those that paid for Maxpass may be complicated as well depending on how they decide to handle FP.

flutas

They are linking here now from the top page banner which has some details.

Hotels of the Disneyland Resort: Pending governmental approval, Disneyland Resort Hotel Guests will once again enjoy being immersed in the magic when Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa and Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel, and Disney Vacation Club Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa reopen to Guests and members starting on July 23, 2020. The Disneyland Hotel will open at a later date. Plans to support physical distancing as well as increased cleaning measures, along with a number of other health and safety protocols, will be implemented as part of the phased reopening of our hotels and the Disney Vacation Club.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom