News Disneyland Resort Express discontinued

Monorail_Orange

So, my family has a trip planned to DLR for the end of June. Flying out of New Orleans (it's the closest airport to us, still over an hour away) we were originally going to LAX (nonstop!), but with all the flight schedule changes, we lost the nonstop flights. I as able to rebook so we just go to John Wayne airport now. We are two families, 10 people total, 5 of us are adults, and the kids are 10, 5, 5, 2, and 1...so now only do we have a bunch of people, but also a bunch of stuff (we are staying for a full week). Now that the DLR Express is gone (we used it the last three years - and we had been VERY satisfied), what are some suggestions for us to get to DLH from John Wayne? Our flight gets in around 9:30pm, if that makes a difference.

ETA: I do realize this could all be academic, but until we hear hear otherwise, we're assuming Disneyland will open by then.

oceanbreeze77

So, my family has a trip planned to DLR for the end of June. Flying out of New Orleans (it's the closest airport to us, still over an hour away) we were originally going to LAX (nonstop!), but with all the flight schedule changes, we lost the nonstop flights. I as able to rebook so we just go to John Wayne airport now. We are two families, 10 people total, 5 of us are adults, and the kids are 10, 5, 5, 2, and 1...so now only do we have a bunch of people, but also a bunch of stuff (we are staying for a full week). Now that the DLR Express is gone (we used it the last three years - and we had been VERY satisfied), what are some suggestions for us to get to DLH from John Wayne? Our flight gets in around 9:30pm, if that makes a difference.

ETA: I do realize this could all be academic, but until we hear hear otherwise, we're assuming Disneyland will open by then.
...It won't be opened by then...

Darkbeer1

I disagree.

Now, options.

I just checked, the Prime Time Shuttle doesn't offer Car Seats. Now, you can get two inflatable BumbleBum Booster seats, and bring 2 Car Seats for the youngest, then order a private Van

Some one else said Karmel Shuttle provides them, but their website says

>>We DO NOT provide child safety seats. Children (including infants) may not sit or ride on the lap of another passenger. We are not able to provide child seats or boosters as each child seat is designed "specifically for each child's age, height and weight". We simply are not able to provide the proper size child seat for all sizes of children. As a result, we are not able to offer child seats or boosters.<<

What NOT to do, use Mickey's Space Ship Shuttle, seems it is in the same category as the Captain Kidd's Buffet....

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

I disagree.

tenor.gif

bryanfze55

I’ve always just rented a car. Upgrading from a car to an SUV that will accommodate larger families isn’t that expensive. If you’re staying close to Disneyland, you can drop your car off at the various rental places near Katella and Harbor and just walk the rest of your trip.

I’ve flown with a booster seat and infant seat at the same time. It’s not that terrible. You can try that and maybe request an add-on car seat by the rental company (I think they run about $12 per day but I could be wrong).

All of this is more expensive than Uber or Lyft, but you have a large family and rentals are sometimes just part of the travel equation. When I consider what it costs me to go to Disneyland, the extra $200 or so to rent a car isn’t a dealbreaker.

Monorail_Orange

I’ve always just rented a car. Upgrading from a car to an SUV that will accommodate larger families isn’t that expensive. If you’re staying close to Disneyland, you can drop your car off at the various rental places near Katella and Harbor and just walk the rest of your trip.

I’ve flown with a booster seat and infant seat at the same time. It’s not that terrible. You can try that and maybe request an add-on car seat by the rental company (I think they run about $12 per day but I could be wrong).

All of this is more expensive than Uber or Lyft, but you have a large family and rentals are sometimes just part of the travel equation. When I consider what it costs me to go to Disneyland, the extra $200 or so to rent a car isn’t a dealbreaker.
I appreciate your input. Once we get to DLH, we'll be staying for the duration of our trip. Paying for a rental to sit in the DLH parking lot, and paying the daily parking fee would generally be far more expensive than something like Prime Time Shuttle or Uber/Lyft.

oceanbreeze77

I disagree.

Now, options.

I just checked, the Prime Time Shuttle doesn't offer Car Seats. Now, you can get two inflatable BumbleBum Booster seats, and bring 2 Car Seats for the youngest, then order a private Van

Some one else said Karmel Shuttle provides them, but their website says

>>We DO NOT provide child safety seats. Children (including infants) may not sit or ride on the lap of another passenger. We are not able to provide child seats or boosters as each child seat is designed "specifically for each child's age, height and weight". We simply are not able to provide the proper size child seat for all sizes of children. As a result, we are not able to offer child seats or boosters.<<

What NOT to do, use Mickey's Space Ship Shuttle, seems it is in the same category as the Captain Kidd's Buffet....
The OC fair was cancelled. You really think Disney has a chance of opening up this summer!?

Communicora

Premium Member
I appreciate your input. Once we get to DLH, we'll be staying for the duration of our trip. Paying for a rental to sit in the DLH parking lot, and paying the daily parking fee would generally be far more expensive than something like Prime Time Shuttle or Uber/Lyft.
It wouldn't be a bad idea to price a one-way rental. There are multiple car rental locations in the resort area. My sister and I took a lyft from LAX and then picked up a rental car when we were leaving Anaheim to stay in Manhattan Beach. It was significantly cheaper than renting a car for the duration -- even for a short visit.

bryanfze55

It’ll cost you about $100 to rent a car from the airport to Anaheim for one day. Taxes are a good portion

It’ll cost about $50 to get a rental in Anaheim and return it to the airport.

This could go up ~$20 or so each way if you want an SUV or minivan.

It isn’t as cheap as Uber, but it works.

RollerCoaster

I disagree.

I disagree? With all of your connections I'm SHOCKED that you haven't gotten some insight from Disney.

Apparently, Disney was told almost exactly a month ago by Sacramento that they should expect to be closed for an undefined, but extended period of time.

A couple of days after I was told this Knott's extended all existing season passes through 2021 and Disney reversed course suspending payment plans and refunding annual passholders. Do I think that was a coincidence? Absolutely not. There is also good reasoning why Wall Street analysts are predicting they expect no Disney theme park operations through the end of the current fiscal year.

Based on the recent comments and actions taken by the governor of California you're a long way off from having the theme parks reopened. I previously felt it would be Fall, but now I'll be surprised if it's before January 1 in California.

Phroobar

I have no problem with theme parks staying closed indefinitely. What I have a problem with is the nazi door guards at Walmart. "Stay six feet behind the other person!!!!".

fctiger

I really hope you can go but I wouldn't be holding my breath for it. The irony is I actually thought myself it would be open by June 30th and stated it in the thread that asked people to post when they thought it would reopen. But that's before California came out with their plan of phase reopenings and already made it clear bigger places like theme parks and sporting events would be months away. Now technically June /July is still a few months but I think they would've made it clear these could open up by the summer at least so I remain highly skeptical.

It's nothing wrong to hold out hope though. We still have our sights of doing WDW in September as planned but honestly that's looking more and more dire by the day and that's still five months away. And the other thing no one seems to be talking about is we don't really know what the plans are when the parks do open? But they may have to limit the number of people like so many other establishments are doing. But something as big as these resorts that can't just expect people to show up and wait in a line so that might be done through a reservation system or if you buy a particular admission ticket or may just allow locals in at the beginning. Maybe not the last one if they already opened up people to reserve rooms but who knows?

But I would shocked if any of these parks opened before August now.

Figments Friend

Wait....Super Shuttle is now out of business too??
Or is this just temporary?

:eek:

Awww poo....I loved Super Shuttle!
Always on time, and I was always able to get a great rate with the discount codes I had.
$16 round trip SNA to the Anaheim Resort, and back again.
Can't beat that price, so I used them many times over the last eight or so years.

This is a shame to hear, but glad I'm aware of it now.
Guess I'll have to look into other options....such as Prime Time Shutte.

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom