News Disneyland Resort Express discontinued

PiratesMansion

Take the LAXit(ive)?

But in all seriousness, even with LAX's awful new system, they can still take a taxi, uber, lyft, rent a car, figure out some kind of convoluted public transit route, fly into a different airport (John Wayne, etc).

It's not like it was a free shuttle. The only thing really notable about it was that it was branded, but did that really mean that much when Disney didn't even operate it?

I've flown into LAX multiple times and never once taken that shuttle. Magical Express it was not.

CaptainAmerica

Original Poster
Take the LAXit(ive)?

But in all seriousness, even with LAX's awful new system, they can still take a taxi, uber, lyft, rent a car, figure out some kind of convoluted public transit route, fly into a different airport (John Wayne, etc).

It's not like it was a free shuttle. The only thing really notable about it was that it was branded, but did that really mean that much when Disney didn't even operate it?

I've flown into LAX multiple times and never once taken that shuttle. Magical Express it was not.
None of those transportation options are viable for families with multiple small children and suitcases.

truecoat

I always rent a car but I tend to go to Disneyland one day and then go do something else away from the resort the next.

cmwade77

This is a few months old at this point but didn't see it discussed anywhere. Not sure what people are supposed to do to get to Disneyland from LAX now.
Honestly this service was worthless anyway, very rarely showed up on time, never had accessible vehicles show up when supposed to apparently, the list goes on and on.
I live in Long Beach, so I am aware of several options that work for families with several small children and suitcases:
  1. Avoid LAX at pretty much all costs, seriously, fly into Long Beach or John Wayne if at all possible, both are closer to Disneyland, smaller airports and much more relaxed atmosphere, great way to start and end your vacation.
  2. No matter which airport you fly into, there are the following choices:
    1. Airport Shuttle Service
    2. Taxi
    3. Uber/Lfyt (Be sure to request one with a car seat and sized appropriately for your group's size and luggage)
    4. Public Transit (May not be the most convenient, but it does work)
    5. Know someone in the area that is willing to give you a lift. (NOTE: Do not ask friends or family to drop you off or pick you up from LAX, us locals try our best to avoid it, we would even prefer going further out to Burbank than LAX)
    6. Rent a car
    7. Shared Helicopter Ride (yes, that is a thing here now, not sure how close they get to Disneyland though, but I believe they then offer a limo service from there to your final destination)
    8. A limo service
    9. A towncar service

Sailor310

I pick up and drop the family at LAX all the time. I just bring a book and leave and extra half hour (on top of the two hours early I usually get them there).

fctiger

I am from L.A. but every time I travel somewhere I always take the Super Shuttle. In fact I've taken it several times from LAX to Disneyland when I lived in other places. I never taken the Disneyland shuttle and the Super Shuttle is the same price. As someone said, the DL shuttle was branded but plenty of companies go to Disneyland. You would be crazy not to considering its probably the #1 destination for tourists who come here after Hollywood and the beaches.

PiratesMansion

I am from L.A. but every time I travel somewhere I always take the Super Shuttle. In fact I've taken it several times from LAX to Disneyland when I lived in other places. I never taken the Disneyland shuttle and the Super Shuttle is the same price. As someone said, the DL shuttle was branded but plenty of companies go to Disneyland. You would be crazy not to considering its probably the #1 destination for tourists who come here after Hollywood and the beaches.

Didn't SuperShuttle go out of business?

Darkbeer1

Didn't SuperShuttle go out of business?

Yes, about the same time the Disneyland Express went out of business, the start of the year.

Helicopters fly to the Fullerton Airport, so about 5 miles away, close to Knott's and my house. APD and OCSD uses it for their helicopter and planes, so do many Traffic Copters for refueling. (Most use Van Nuys as their main airport).

Or John Wayne Airport, depending on the next group who plans to board. If you have a choice, pick Fullerton, much closer.

And here is a link to Prime Time Shuttle, the only "Big" player left at LAX (besides Taxis, Uber, Lyft, and similar services.

The Executive Sedan or SUV, or Private Van can pick you up at the baggage claim area, and avoids LAX-it!

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Original Poster
Lyfts and Ubers.
You can't get a Lyft/Uber with two car seats, and I'd need three.

I did a little bit of research last night and I think the most viable option for me would be to hire a private chauffeur believe it or not.

I know John Wayne is preferable to LAX but there's only one direct flight per day from the East coast and it's at a horrible time.

RememberWhen

You can't get a Lyft/Uber with two car seats, and I'd need three.

I did a little bit of research last night and I think the most viable option for me would be to hire a private chauffeur believe it or not.

I know John Wayne is preferable to LAX but there's only one direct flight per day from the East coast and it's at a horrible time.
How old are the kiddos? We have a vest we use with our 7 year old that functions as a car seat (we use it at home too). It easily fits in a backpack. That would work for kids 5+. Maybe younger depending on your kids. We also have an immi gogo that would be ok for forward-facing kids. It can go in the overhead. I’m sure you’re looking for more things to buy, right? 😉

CaptainAmerica

Original Poster
How old are the kiddos? We have a vest we use with our 7 year old that functions as a car seat (we use it at home too). It easily fits in a backpack. That would work for kids 5+. Maybe younger depending on your kids. We also have an immi gogo that would be ok for forward-facing kids. It can go in the overhead. I’m sure you’re looking for more things to buy, right? 😉
For the Disneyland trip they'd be 6, 3, and not yet 1. The two older ones have been on a dozen Orlando flights plus one cross country and a direct from Boston to Honolulu so they're pros at flying but I absolutely despise lugging car seats to and from the airport.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom