Disneyland Resort Dubai?

Monorail_Orange

IMO, Disneyland and WDW here in the US is getting pretty busy, and I think Disney needs to consider building additional parks elsewhere in addition to the other parks they have! (Tokyo, Paris, etc.)

Not sure if it will ever happen!
Interesting point. Hadn't thought about that, but with all the growth at DLR and WDW, it begs the question if the domestic market for Disney Theme Parks is tapped out, my opinion is I think not. For many the largest expense is travelling to the resorts. Would love to see another property developed. Not saying it will happen, just that it would not be shocking.

Last edited:

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
With the Middle East being so unstable and terrorist threats and Isis I doubt it will be a reality any time soon. Even as beautiful as Dubui is a lot will not visit because of the current situations. Maybe one day it will still happen but I don't think in the very near future it will. :)

EOD K9

We know someone who travels there (and stays months at a time) and have seen photos from when his wife and teenaged daughter would visit - wearing their bikinis sitting by the pool, wearing shorts and tank tops walking around the area, etc.

It is considered an escape to a different world to the "locals" from other Arab nations. It's also a major stopover for international flights.
And here I thought Minnie's skirt would be too short.

xstech25

Not going to happen. These parks in Dubai don't/probably won't make much money, companies are building parks there because developers are paying them to. I guarantee when these parks open they will mostly be dead as opposed to Tokyo, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Florida, etch which all have much better demographics and prospects for a Disney resort. Most of the people that vacation in Dubai are european that would rather go to WDW and are a lot closer to Disneyland Paris if they want a closer park.

Donald Razorduck

I think they're doing just fine, the amount of visitors to Dubai has consistently gone up since 2010, around the same time as the fiscal crash. Their theme park attendance is just fine - so much so that they're going forth with Dubailand which will be bigger than WDW. It may not be as big of a draw as somewhere like Orlando or Paris but I think it's respectable in it's own right and will continue to see a good amount of visitors. That's probably why the concept art isn't for a gigantic "Magic Kingdom", it actually looks fairly small (especially when you look at the aerial view map).

If they scrap the idea, I hope they use the castle/hotel concept somewhere else!! It would be awesome if they were looking to build a hotel somewhere even without a park (like Aulani) and built a castle =D

It's all about the power of the ME3 ( Emirates, Eithad, Qutar) airlines. They are rapidly expanding in the US with bargin prices. They want the airports there to become massive hubs. Notice they started up nonstops from Orlando.

The parks that were delayed in 08 are back in business and there's a half dozen under construction with more coming. Ferrari World is expanding with the most awesome water park in the world next door. If the airlines are successful so will their tourism industry. An all indoor Warner Bros. Park sounds cool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom