Disneyland Resort Dec 29 & 30 questions

figment83

Original Poster
hello all!

my girlfriend and I will be coming to the Disneyland Resort for the first time on the dates above. my questions are the following:

1) being that it is the week between between christmas and new years, how crowded is it? we are framiliar with the crowds of wdw and want to be able to enjoy the parks instead of fighting the crowds.

2) is paradise peir a nice resort? would you rather stay off property?

i guess thats all i have right now... i appreciate any help!!

nemofinder22

hello all!

my girlfriend and I will be coming to the Disneyland Resort for the first time on the dates above. my questions are the following:

1) being that it is the week between between christmas and new years, how crowded is it? we are framiliar with the crowds of wdw and want to be able to enjoy the parks instead of fighting the crowds.

2) is paradise peir a nice resort? would you rather stay off property?

i guess thats all i have right now... i appreciate any help!!

1- Pretty sure the parks are going to be extremely busy, general rule of thumb goes if So Cal Selects, So Cal and Deluxe AP's are blocked then its going to get busy. But if this is the only time you can go I wouldnt let it ruin the trip, the park hours are extremely long for all park goers usually its summer hours at 8am-12am and DCA taking 10am- 9pm.

2-Paradise Pier Hotel I would say is fair, if you can manage it try Grand Californian, but its otherwise nice, its just quite a walk from the entrances. You can get some great deals on off property hotels, Anaheim Plaza Hotel seems to be the cheapest in the area, and its right across the street behind Tower of Terror.

TP2000

The week between Christmas and New Years is the busiest week of the year, hands down. They often close the turnstiles by late morning that week and don't let anyone in to Disneyland until late afternoon due to overcrowding. You need to get there early to ensure you are let in, even if you have a ticket you've already purchased.

Many of the folks that made it into the park before they shut the turnstiles wish they hadn't been so "lucky".

SeanC

I would never go that week again. In DL horribly crowded paths, crazy multi-hour waits, long slow moving lines for quick service food. Gave up and hung out at DCA and saw little of DL.

Erika

We stayed at Paradise Pier last December and liked it a lot. The free upgrade to penthouse suite didn't hurt :lol:

Having said that, while I'm glad we stayed there for our first trip, next time we'll probably stay at a non-Disney hotel just to save money. It's not like WDW where it's that much of a difference staying on property. Having said that, if money was no object, I'd do Grand Californian for sure ;)

figment83

Original Poster
all of this input is amazing and my girlfriend and i are using all of it for our choices as to what we will be doing. please keep them coming if you have any!!!

Figment's g/f here...

We just got back from Disney World where there was NO WAITING for anything. Not even Toy Story Mania (once it was up & running smoothly). On top of that, this whole trip in Dec is to Las Vegas for New Year's. So I'm hesitant with starting off the trip w/ two 16 hour days of waiting in lines... I want to go to Disneyland, but the timinig just doesn't seem right. I can't imagine waiting an hour and a half for the haunted mansion, or it's a small world.

:shrug:

Carebee21

Figment's g/f here...

We just got back from Disney World where there was NO WAITING for anything. Not even Toy Story Mania (once it was up & running smoothly). On top of that, this whole trip in Dec is to Las Vegas for New Year's. So I'm hesitant with starting off the trip w/ two 16 hour days of waiting in lines... I want to go to Disneyland, but the timinig just doesn't seem right. I can't imagine waiting an hour and a half for the haunted mansion, or it's a small world.

:shrug:

Is there anyway you can do Vegas for new years and then do Disneyland a few days later, instead of before?

figment83

Original Poster
thanks for the all the help everyone! we actualy ecided to sit it out this time around and just do vegas. we appericate everyones feedback, especially nemofinder!

nemofinder22

Glad I could help but if you ever get a chance to come to DLR at Christmas time before the huge crowds definatly give it a shot, the park is beautiful! and theres no hard ticket parties so everyone gets to enjoy the offerings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom