Disneyland Refurbishment Schedule 2019

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Not sure if anyone's posted this yet, so I apologize if it's somewhere else.

https://www.undercovertourist.com/blog/disneyland-refurbishments-closings/

Disneyland Park Refurbishments
*Sleeping Beauty Castle is undergoing refurbishment that is scheduled to last through spring, according to The Orange County Register. Scaffolding is surrounding portions of the castle, although it is not clear if it will last through the duration of the refurbishment. According to Anaheim building permits, Disneyland has plans to reroof the castle and replace plastic on the turrets.

Disney California Adventure Park Refurbishments
Downtown Disney District Refurbishments
  • None
Disneyland Hotel Refurbishments
Disney's Grand California Hotel & Spa Refurbishments
  • None
Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel Refurbishment
  • None

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Does anyone know why they're shutting down Space Mountain in February? Makes me nervous they're gonna do some terrible thing like bring back Hyperspace for another year or two.

PiratesMansion

Does anyone know why they're shutting down Space Mountain in February? Makes me nervous they're gonna do some terrible thing like bring back Hyperspace for another year or two.

Maybe they've decided they're *finally* going to fix the lights in the WDW imitation tunnel.

But it's probably overdue. I hardly ever hear of Space going down for refurbs other than the day it takes to go between overlays. I'm sure they want to get as much as possible ready and refurbed before Star Wars madness kicks in this summer.

EvilChameleon

January has come and almost gone and still no news with World Of Color. And yet we've seen each portion of the show working at some point or the other. We've seen the fountains on webcams, the fire and lights on NYE, etc.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
January has come and almost gone and still no news with World Of Color. And yet we've seen each portion of the show working at some point or the other. We've seen the fountains on webcams, the fire and lights on NYE, etc.

At this point I wouldn't expect it until Spring. But that is just my opinion. I think its funny that you guys swore it was coming back in 2018 even though insiders like @GiveMeTheMusic told you it wasn't.

SuddenStorm

Looks like Fantasmic is back on March 8

VERY curious to see if they made any changes. It's not likely, but the new show has already had changes made to the animation and audio (something the original didn't have in 25 years)... I wonder if they took advantage of the opportunity to tweak it further.

TROR

I can forgive all other changes if they brought back the Peter Pan segment. Sure the new music isn't as good and the show doesn't flow as well, but Peter Pan and then Maleficent were always the best two parts of the show and what really make it entertaining.

mickEblu

I can forgive all other changes if they brought back the Peter Pan segment. Sure the new music isn't as good and the show doesn't flow as well, but Peter Pan and then Maleficent were always the best two parts of the show and what really make it entertaining.

Change for the sake of change. That’s what they did here. I’m not sure one thing they did improved the show at all.

SuddenStorm

Eh, I have issues with most of the changes. Something about the old show clicked in a way that hasn't been replicated in any of the 3 iterations that have followed (WDW, Tokyo, 2017 DL)- and even if they brought back Pan, it wouldn't fix the significant issues the new version has for pacing, timing, and lack of emotional resonance or "soul".

The new into and finale don't resonate with me nearly as well as the original did- and that ignores the many issues that plague the new show.

Honestly, it wouldn't be that hard for them to do a version of the original- project the Pinocchio segment on screens since they ditched the physical props for a mediocre "carpet" effect- just to see how audience reception is after a year and a half of the new iteration.

SuddenStorm

Change for the sake of change. That’s what they did here. I’m not sure one thing they did improved the show at all.

The new sound system, projection effects, and other lighting effects did wonders for making the show look modern- so those are a definite improvement over the '90s and late '2000's tech the show was running on.

Problem is, implementation of the new effects is iffy and could be refined. I've been half tempted to write an in depth study on the new show vs old and why I think the old one was better beyond just "It's what I grew up with".

mickEblu

The new sound system, projection effects, and other lighting effects did wonders for making the show look modern- so those are a definite improvement over the '90s and late '2000's tech the show was running on.

Problem is, implementation of the new effects is iffy and could be refined. I've been half tempted to write an in depth study on the new show vs old and why I think the old one was better beyond just "It's what I grew up with".

You re right. I wasn’t thinking about the technical advances. Mostly the music, flow and new narrator/ singers voice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom