Disneyland ranked only 5th - These Are the Best Theme Parks in the U.S. to Visit This Summer

Darkbeer1

Original Poster

>>With thousands of users and reviews for different attractions around the world, TripAdvisor is a treasure trove of incredible and highly-recommended places to visit on your next vacation. We asked the travel review website for the best amusement parks in the U.S., and naturally, there are a lot of amazing places to choose from.

For the purposes of this list, we decided to combine all parks within Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Disneyland in Anaheim, and Universal Studios in Hollywood and Orlando in order to see greater diversity in the types of theme parks included below, even though TripAdvisor’s collection of the highest rated theme parks in the country separates them. The list itself is based on overall TripAdvisor ratings from users and are winners of the site’s 2018 Choice Awards.<<

1. Universal Studios: Los Angeles, California and Orlando, Florida

2. Walt Disney World Resort: Orlando, Florida

3. The Island in Pigeon Forge: Pigeon Forge, Tennessee

4. SeaWorld: Orlando, Florida

5. Disneyland, Anaheim: California

6. Silver Dollar City: Branson, Missouri

7. Busch Gardens: Tampa, Florida and Williamsburg, Virginia

8. Santa’s Village: Jefferson, New Hampshire

9. Knoebels Amusement Resort: Elysburg, Pennsylvania

10. Cedar Point: Sandusky, Ohio

11. Bay Beach Amusement Park: Green Bay, Wisconsin

12. Hersheypark: Hershey, Pennsylvania

13. Nickelodeon Universe: Bloomington, Minnesota

14. Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park: Glenwood Springs, Colorado

15. Funland: Rehoboth Beach, Delaware

planodisney

For example, just look at they’re list of top 20 hotels for Anaheim. This list shouldn’t be based on value or ANYTHING except BEST hotel. BEST VALUE is a different filter search.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
I love USH, been a passholder for years but it’s position on this list makes it lose credibility for me.

Edit: I see now that they grouped all the Universal parks together, that doesn’t make sense. What was the logic behind that?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Classifying the Island as an Amusement Park is rich, let alone of of the best. This list was profit driven list, because the only way the Island is on there is if they paid to be.

It’s a pretty good park...to say it’s #1 might be silly...to say it’s nowhere close is definitely silly.
For example, just look at they’re list of top 20 hotels for Anaheim. This list shouldn’t be based on value or ANYTHING except BEST hotel. BEST VALUE is a different filter search.
I would disagree...value is interwoven with rankings and enjoyment.

Something WDW travelers completely don’t understand.

planodisney

Then why doesn’t Sea World have 19 million yearly guests if more people value it? It’s a year round resort so if as you say more people value it, then the attendance should be greater.
My point is that for some reason TripAdvisor numbers get out of whack sometimes. I’m not trying to knock any park, I like Sea World and love USH, but no reasonable person could argue that they are BETTER parks than Disneyland. Some things are subjective only to a certain point. Raven24 your response to my original post would be valid if I stated the Sea World shouldn’t be ANYWHERE on the list or have received ANY votes. I never said SOME people don’t value it more than DL, but the facts show that not MORE people value it than DL.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And no, TripAdvisor has a separate filter for Value. It’s built into they’re system. It shouldn’t be included in BEST.

Define “best”...should be easy, right?

And wouldn’t brand attachment be a large part of the draw/attendance? Disney has one of worlds most widespread, recognizable brands and has been around for almost 100 years. Sea world doesn’t have that going for it.

Does that mean attendance = quality? No...it does not in absolute terms.

I’ll give you another: Euro was a better, more well laid out park than both magic kingdom and Disneyland...but it’s attendance lagged for years. That has nothing to do with what is BEST...it’s that it suffered from PR, stigma and different cultural expectations.

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

Then why doesn’t Sea World have 19 million yearly guests if more people value it? It’s a year round resort so if as you say more people value it, then the attendance should be greater.
My point is that for some reason TripAdvisor numbers get out of whack sometimes. I’m not trying to knock any park, I like Sea World and love USH, but no reasonable person could argue that they are BETTER parks than Disneyland. Some things are subjective only to a certain point. Raven24 your response to my original post would be valid if I stated the Sea World shouldn’t be ANYWHERE on the list or have received ANY votes. I never said SOME people don’t value it more than DL, but the facts show that not MORE people value it than DL.

My point was very general and not just specific to Trip Advisor. So it actually still stands.

Not sure why this list is such a big deal.

fctiger

Disneyland doesn't have to be first but I have no idea how USH is? It's funny, the rides are 90% of what most Disney fans scream about hating, nothing but screens and 3D stuff. There is not a single original ride in the place. All of its best rides are clones from other Universal parks. Maybe the original JP ride debut there first but thats it and how long ago was that now? Its biggest show is Waterworld which is now over 20 years old from a movie I doubt most people under 30 has ever watched. It has no real night time entertainment to speak of outside of the Harry Potter laser show which lasts five minutes and only shown in the summer and spring and you can do the entire park in a half a day even in busy season.

Its placement makes no sense to me. Top ten MAYBE,, but I just have no idea why its number one? Even the Orlando Universal parks are much better theme parks The only thing that sets USH from those is that it has a real working studio tour and even that is a shallow of itself from decades prior.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom