4-Day 1-Park Per Day $245 $225
3-Day Park Hopper $250 $235
3-Day 1-Park Per Day $220 $205
2-Day Park Hopper $200 $188
2-Day 1-Park Per Day $170 $158
1-Day Park Hopper $125 $119
1-Day 1-Park $87 $81

Californian Elitist

I was just getting ready to post this. That $150 spike makes me want to cry. Even if I complain, I will still be paying these prices to feed my addiction, so I guess there's no point in complaining. Thank God for the monthly payment option.

lisacat

I was just getting ready to post this. That $150 spike makes me want to cry. Even if I complain, I will still be paying these prices to feed my addiction, so I guess there's no point in complaining. Thank God for the monthly payment option.

Amen. And, OUCH. I can't go often enough to justify the Premium pass, but a $70 increase on the Deluxe still makes me say OUCH.

Californian Elitist

Amen. And, OUCH. I can't go often enough to justify the Premium pass, but a $70 increase on the Deluxe still makes me say OUCH.

Seriously! What makes mee even more sick is for Christmas last year, I paid $80 to go to Universal Studios Hollywood everyday for a year and a half. I can't help but think of that. I know USH and DL are polar opposites, but still. I'm sick, honestly. Time to start asking friends and family if they can sign me in the parks again:lol:

nemofinder22

Who didn't see this coming :lookaroun

So based on the 1 day 1 park price, DL and DCA are about to become the most expensive Disney parks.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Original Poster
Given that the number of passholders is at an all-time high, is this their attempt to try to cut down on the number?

That's part of it IMO.

APs complain over and over about the crowding... yet they complain about the price increases too which is to thin the herd. People want it cheap, just for themselves and no one else.

Californian Elitist

Given that the number of passholders is at an all-time high, is this their attempt to try to cut down on the number?

The number of AP's will probably decline a little bit, but once DCA 2.0 starts really getting into gear, and Disneyland's future attractions start popping up, the number will most likely climb again.

menamechris

The number of AP's will probably decline a little bit, but once DCA 2.0 starts really getting into gear, and Disneyland's future attractions start popping up, the number will most likely climb again.

I suppose this was the perfect time for them to make the leap in price then. I am just amazed that Disneyland's version of a premium annual pass is now in striking distance of WDW's. That's pretty incredible...DL's 2 theme parks vs. WDW's 4 theme parks and 2 waterparks. But on the other hand, DL's passholder program is more than popular and healthy, whereas, WDW seems to struggle to attract a significant amount of locals. There are just too many other options in Orlando..

cheezbat

Disney disgusts me with these continuous price hikes. It gets worse and worse every year. Soon there will only be a small few that will be able to afford to go at this rate.

Admiral01

Premium Member
If the Premier Passport does hit $850, I will have purchased my final Premier Passport. I don't visit Disneyland enough to justify that, neither do the friends I have who have a Premier Passport. Most of the PP holders I know "base" in either WDW or DL, and use the PP for a little bonus when they happen to be in the other area.

Disneyland got a lot more money out of me because of the Premier Passport - I made trips down to DL from Santa Monica after work, would spend 3 hours, ride Pirates, have some dinner, and head back to Santa Monica. I would do that 3 or 4 times a year, with the occasional full day (usually once a year).

The problem is that people will indeed pay these higher prices, so there isn't any point in standing my ground and not going along with the reported fare hike. Disney doesn't care. But, I will certainly miss my evenings at Disneyland, because I'm not paying an additional $300+ to upgrade my WDW AP for a few hours at DL here and there.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Original Poster
I suppose this was the perfect time for them to make the leap in price then. I am just amazed that Disneyland's version of a premium annual pass is now in striking distance of WDW's. That's pretty incredible...DL's 2 theme parks vs. WDW's 4 theme parks and 2 waterparks. But on the other hand, DL's passholder program is more than popular and healthy, whereas, WDW seems to struggle to attract a significant amount of locals. There are just too many other options in Orlando..

And with 2 parks vs 4.. DL has pretty close to the same number of attractions.

Californian Elitist

Exactly. California is a huge tourist magnet too, but everything is spread out, theme parks wise. You've got Disneyland in Anaheim, Universal Studios in North Hollywood, Sea World in San Diego, Knott's in Buena Park, Six Flags in Valencia. I could go on but I think I've made my point.

captainkidd

They may get rid of the 6 day ticket. That was what we were planning on going with next summer for our 1st trip. We were gonna stay for 7 nights, and spend 6 days at the parks. I swear, every time I think I have the perfect plan for Disneyland, something comes along that screws it up. It almost seems as though this trip isn't supposed to happen.:veryconfu

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom