Cheer up ya old bugga c'mon give us a grin
1673484981767.gif

CaptinEO

You know, you come from nothing
You're going back to nothing
What have you lost? Nothing

Nothing will come from nothing, ya know what they say
Cheer up ya old bugga c'mon give us a grin
In all seriousness I also think new should be the plan for Disney, but they have so many screens in the park that can show Captain EO. They have a Captain EO photo with MJ at the opera house exit even. Even putting EO and HISTA on the screen that shows the terrible Steve Martin film would be welcome.

It's sad we have an empty Tommorowland theater yet they have an amazing music video from George Lucas and Francis Ford Coppola starring Michael Jackson.

Captain EO should at least be like the McRib if it can't warrant views year round, just make it seasonal.

It's also inexcusable that "80s Night" didn't have Captain EO and the old Star Tour film playing.

I was at Disney World last month and Muppet Vision 3D was PACKED and it was a full house.

Disney needs more low wait attractions like this.

donaldtoo

I don't think I've ever seen either one of those Disney movies. They sure aren't on Disney+.

I remember our family seeing “Never a Dull Moment” at a drive-in theater when it first came out, back in the day when we lived in No Cal.
I don’t remember seeing the family band one at a theater. I do remember seeing it on TV, at some point.
I remember “Never a Dull Moment” being just that…!
It was kinda’ along the same vein as “It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World”, and starred D ick Van D yke and Edward G. Robinson.

PiratesMansion

The hugest disappointment of D+ for me is the lack of film catalog.
Agreed.

What's the point of a studio-branded streaming service if there's not at least some effort to load up the back catalog? Surely it's of no value or profit to anyone to just let it sit in the vault? Particularly given that the company is ostensibly driven by nostagia.

In my head there was going to be a better balance between nostalgia offerings and current stuff. Or maybe there would at least be some interesting new programs highlighting current projects or the running of the company. In practice after the launch it's mostly been Marvel and the Disney Channel with limited quantities of anything else.

truecoat

Agreed.

What's the point of a studio-branded streaming service if there's not at least some effort to load up the back catalog? Surely it's of no value or profit to anyone to just let it sit in the vault? Particularly given that the company is ostensibly driven by nostagia.

In my head there was going to be a better balance between nostalgia offerings and current stuff. Or maybe there would at least be some interesting new programs highlighting current projects or the running of the company. In practice after the launch it's mostly been Marvel and the Disney Channel with limited quantities of anything else.

I've said this before but one title that is really perplexing is the episode of Walt Disney goes to the Worlds Fair. It was scanned into HD for the D23 website several years ago and could easily be put on D+ but it isn't.

Phroobar

It is like they don't have space for a 300mb mp4 on their servers. Sure it isn't a reason to get D+ and not many will watch it, but at least the library would be complete. Where is Watcher in the Woods and Something Wicked this Way Comes? I can get both of those off the internet for 300mb each. Outside of politics, Song of the South should be available with a disclaimer.

It's amazing how many Muppet Show episodes have disclaimers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom