Disneyland Peeps, Help me plan my Aulani Trip :)

Curious Constance

Original Poster
We are traveling to Aulani this summer and are getting more and more excited every day! I don't see an Aulani forum here, so I thought I'd post this here. Besides, I picture the other forums to be vast, cold, empty voids that are to be avoided at all costs, so I'd much rather have my Disneyland people helping me : )

I've pretty much got an itinerary planned, which I will list below to see what everyone thinks. Nothing is set in stone yet though, so would be open to change.

While we are there, I'm planning on.....

1. Taking a day and driving to Sea Life Park and doing a dolphin swim. Thinking about swimming with a dolphin pretty much makes me feel like the happiness will burst out of my insides at any moment. And if I can get a photo of each of my kids happily interacting with a sweet dolphin, I see nothing else left to accomplish in life. Does anyone have any idea how much these photos cost? I can't find anything on the web other than people saying they are "expensive".
Also, we'll be renting a car, and likely this will be the only day we have a car, so any easy stops we could take along the way back to hotel to see something cool?

2. Majestic Circle Island Tour: Looks like this tour goes to these locations:
  • Enjoy a comfortable, air-conditioned transfer where you’ll enjoy a scenic ride that includes a great view of Diamond Head crater, Hawai‘i’s most famous landmark.
  • Continue on to the brilliant, clear reef at Hanauma Bay, with its bountiful array of marine life.
  • Witness the explosive water spray of Halona Blowhole and the power of its rushing ocean from an exciting lookout.
  • Forge upwards along the island's eastern Shoreline, admiring a montage of paradise, including popular Sandy Beach, Makapu‘u Lookout, Waimanalo Hawaiian Homestead and the Waimanalo Bay Recreational Area.
  • Cut back toward Honolulu on a winding, lush mountain road. Stop at gorgeous Nu‘uanu Pali Lookout, the scene of the epic, deciding battle that led to the unification of the Hawaiian Islands.
  • Continue to the Windward side, where you will absorb the lush, serene scenery of Byodo-In Temple and the Valley of the Temples.
  • Hug the Ko‘olauloa coastline toward some of the world's most famous surfing beaches on the North Shore.
  • Pull into Waimea Valley for a look at conserved ancient Hawaiian points of interest, as well as a beautiful, burbling waterfall.
  • Next, explore Dole Plantation to learn about Hawai‘i's iconic pineapple industry and indulge in a variety of enjoyable activities.
Is one of these locations near that ancient koi pond I keep hearing about?

3. I'm planning on doing the Lu'Au at Aulani. They have a regular and VIP option.

VIP Guests receive early check-in, priority up-front seating, complimentary beverages (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic) and an enhanced welcome lei.
Any idea if this is worth the extra $167 total for my family?

4. We wanted to do the horseback riding tour where you, "Ride deep into Ka’a’awa Valley where Jurassic Park, 50 First Dates and Lost were filmed. You’ll also see forests, World War II bunkers and fantastic views of the Kualoa Mountains and Pacific Ocean." but it appears my son won't be tall enough unless he has a growth spurt between now and then, so our back up plan is going to be a Dolphin watch cruise:
"Depart from Wai‘anae Boat Harbor. Cruise the clear, calm waters on the lookout for playful spinner, bottlenose and spotted dolphins against the stunning backdrop of the Wai‘anae Mountain Range. A crew of certified naturalists will be available to guide your viewing."

We're planning on doing a couple of the buffet character breakfasts, and character dinners as well. Anyone experience these? Are they good?
Any other good places nearby to eat? Any chains like Outback or anything?

I've already gotten some amazing advice in another thread, and I'm going to copy and past that info below so the people who wrote it don't need to go to the trouble of typing it again, and so it's all in one spot for me to refer to. Thanks!

Curious Constance

Original Poster
@FerretAfros

I visited Aulani last summer and had a great time. When you arrive, check out the event guide to see if there are any activities you want to do, since registration for many fills up in advance (the ukulele lessons ended up being the surprise hit of our trip). Expect to spend a ton of time at the pool(s) and beach; lines at the water slides can get pretty long for most of the day, but they're a blast

Elsewhere in Oahu, Pearl Harbor is a solid half-day's worth of activity. The walkthrough exhibit looked recently updated and did a good job of putting it all in context. Diamondhead is a fun and easy (though hot!) hike with some great views, but if you're at Aulani the whole time it may not be worth the hassle of getting all the way over there (though it's really easy from Waikiki). The Dole plantation and/or Kualoa Ranch can also be a fun change of pace if you're looking to get away from the beach for a while

Curious Constance

Original Poster
@dweezil78

*Look at Aulani on a map. You'll see Ko'Olina is actually 4 separate little beaches, each one shared by a few resorts. You can easily walk to these other beaches and they are going to be far more quieter than Aulani which is packed 24/7. :) There is actually a trail that goes all the way to the last beach and then loops around and sends you back. Maybe a mile each way? It's a beautiful walk if you're looking for a little exercise.

*If your kids are old enough and you want some alone time, drop them off at Auntie's which provides free daycare/activities while you go out and drink and do adult things. It's first come, first served and you need to wake up early to wait in a line to secure them a spot. (Check w/ hotel for opening time and get in line about 30 min before that or so).

*Take the time to play the interactive tablet game at Aulani!!! It is very well done and an awesome way to kill sometime w/ kids. You'll pass all these random things around the resort that won't make any sense until you play it.

*Also have fun fun looking for all the Menehune (little mischievous Hawaiian creatures) around the resort. You'll find them tucked away all over the place. Even in the KEYHOLES of random furniture in the lobby -

*Don't be afraid to go out and explore. Oahu is pretty easy to get around. Last time I was there I took a scenic drive on the 83 and it was well worth the effort. There's a great (and I guess pretty popular) shrimp truck along the route called Giovanni's that's a must-have if you like shrimp covered in garlic - http://www.giovannisshrimptruck.com/

*Don't be afraid to go out and eat. Food at Aulani is pretty expensive (but pretty good, all things considered). Right across the street is a cool little shopping center with food, but if you get in your car and drive a few miles you can get more stuff too even cheaper. Can't say enough good things about Plantation Tavern which has the most amazing Poke Nachos. (if you like that sorta thing). There's also a Target nearby where you can get your essentials for far cheaper than what you'll pay at the resort.

*The lazy river is freaking awesome

*I did not pay to go inside, but the Polynesian Cultural Center is very Disneyland-y without being a theme park and has a free marketplace village to explore. Was a fun little stop on the 83 and has stuff to see without dropping a cent on admission.

*There is Dole Whip at the cafe. Nuff said. Truth be told, I thought the Dole Whip at Aulani was better than the stuff at the Dole Plantation. If you're going to visit there, visit for the fun gift shop, train ride, maze, etc. The Dole Whip was a bit icy, at least the day I stopped by.

*The neighboring Marriott has a little beach side restaurant/bar called Longboards which serves these insanely awesome frozen Mai Tais. If you at all enjoy drinking, you need to have one or two or twenty of these. I had a really hard time walking back to Aulani after just having two of them, but I'm also no heavyweight. :)

*Venture into Honolulu for a stop at Leonoard's for incredible Malsadas (Hawaiian donuts) and stop by the weekly flea market

I would probably try to ask for floor 5 or above to make sure you get a good view, otherwise there's a chance you may have a view obstructed by trees -- though I'm sure it'll still be a nice view, just not the big sweeping view you may be able to get higher! As for that view... here are some pics I snapped when I was there. :)

img_4724-jpg.260336

img_4325-jpg.260337

img_4358-jpg.260338

dweezil78

We are traveling to Aulani this summer and are getting more and more excited every day! I don't see an Aulani forum here, so I thought I'd post this here. Besides, I picture the other forums to be vast, cold, empty voids that are to be avoided at all costs, so I'd much rather have my Disneyland people helping me : )

I've pretty much got an itinerary planned, which I will list below to see what everyone thinks. Nothing is set in stone yet though, so would be open to change.

While we are there, I'm planning on.....

1. Taking a day and driving to Sea Life Park and doing a dolphin swim. Thinking about swimming with a dolphin pretty much makes me feel like the happiness will burst out of my insides at any moment. And if I can get a photo of each of my kids happily interacting with a sweet dolphin, I see nothing else left to accomplish in life. Does anyone have any idea how much these photos cost? I can't find anything on the web other than people saying they are "expensive".
Also, we'll be renting a car, and likely this will be the only day we have a car, so any easy stops we could take along the way back to hotel to see something cool?

2. Majestic Circle Island Tour: Looks like this tour goes to these locations:
  • Enjoy a comfortable, air-conditioned transfer where you’ll enjoy a scenic ride that includes a great view of Diamond Head crater, Hawai‘i’s most famous landmark.
  • Continue on to the brilliant, clear reef at Hanauma Bay, with its bountiful array of marine life.
  • Witness the explosive water spray of Halona Blowhole and the power of its rushing ocean from an exciting lookout.
  • Forge upwards along the island's eastern Shoreline, admiring a montage of paradise, including popular Sandy Beach, Makapu‘u Lookout, Waimanalo Hawaiian Homestead and the Waimanalo Bay Recreational Area.
  • Cut back toward Honolulu on a winding, lush mountain road. Stop at gorgeous Nu‘uanu Pali Lookout, the scene of the epic, deciding battle that led to the unification of the Hawaiian Islands.
  • Continue to the Windward side, where you will absorb the lush, serene scenery of Byodo-In Temple and the Valley of the Temples.
  • Hug the Ko‘olauloa coastline toward some of the world's most famous surfing beaches on the North Shore.
  • Pull into Waimea Valley for a look at conserved ancient Hawaiian points of interest, as well as a beautiful, burbling waterfall.
  • Next, explore Dole Plantation to learn about Hawai‘i's iconic pineapple industry and indulge in a variety of enjoyable activities.
Is one of these locations near that ancient koi pond I keep hearing about?

3. I'm planning on doing the Lu'Au at Aulani. They have a regular and VIP option.

VIP Guests receive early check-in, priority up-front seating, complimentary beverages (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic) and an enhanced welcome lei.
Any idea if this is worth the extra $167 total for my family?

4. We wanted to do the horseback riding tour where you, "Ride deep into Ka’a’awa Valley where Jurassic Park, 50 First Dates and Lost were filmed. You’ll also see forests, World War II bunkers and fantastic views of the Kualoa Mountains and Pacific Ocean." but it appears my son won't be tall enough unless he has a growth spurt between now and then, so our back up plan is going to be a Dolphin watch cruise:
"Depart from Wai‘anae Boat Harbor. Cruise the clear, calm waters on the lookout for playful spinner, bottlenose and spotted dolphins against the stunning backdrop of the Wai‘anae Mountain Range. A crew of certified naturalists will be available to guide your viewing."

We're planning on doing a couple of the buffet character breakfasts, and character dinners as well. Anyone experience these? Are they good?
Any other good places nearby to eat? Any chains like Outback or anything?

I've already gotten some amazing advice in another thread, and I'm going to copy and past that info below so the people who wrote it don't need to go to the trouble of typing it again, and so it's all in one spot for me to refer to. Thanks!

All sounds awesome -- excited for you!!!

Haven't done Sea Life Park, but all these islandy destinations have a place like that. I did one in Mexico once on a cruise and the photos were indeed pricey, can't quite remember how much as it's been a while now. But hey, how often are ya gonna ride a dolphin right? I have no regrets about paying for my dolphin photo!! :)

Re: Majestic Circle Tour -- I know you said you were only planning to rent a car one day, but I'd urge you to keep it for a second one and recommend you being adventurous and touring the island yourself. I know that may sound intimidating, but I found navigating around the island to be really easy and so much fun. Was really great to go at our own pace and stop at various places that seemed interesting that we hadn't planned on. You could easily plot all those stops from the tour on a Google Maps itinerary and use that as the foundation of a drive and probably save a ton of $$$ in the process (plus not be stuck on a bus with other tourists who will no doubt be coughing and being obnoxious!)

If you're set on the tour, I'd recommend you looking into Roberts which typically has the best deals on these things and looks to have a similar tour that may be cheaper (good savings if you book online) than the one you're looking at: https://www.robertshawaii.com/oahu/tours/grand-circle-island-tour/

Have not done the Lu'Au as it is relatively new -- there used to be a free Lu'Au lite (a little show w/ no food or drink) and this replaced that. The reviews look very positive, so I'd say it's probably a safe bet. Formerly, the main option was Paradise Cove Luau right down the street which I never went to but looks to have mostly positive reviews as well. Would maybe do a little research and compare the two to see which sounds like the better value -- but hey, one is Disney and doesn't require you to leave the resort! Is $167 the total cost or just for the VIP upgrade? If just the upgrade, that seems pretty steep to me!!!

Plenty of chain restaurants nearby on the island if that's what you're looking for. 10 minutes away are strip malls like you'd find anywhere else in the country with all that stuff. I mentioned it before, but my family LOVED Plantation Tavern which is in one of those strip malls -- it is not a chain, but has an awesome menu with lots of variety and the food is better than you will find in any of those chains. https://www.yelp.com/biz/plantation-tavern-kapolei

EricsBiscuit

Aulani is awesome and you will love every minute! The lazy river is great with many cool little Disney touches. The buffet restaurant I found just to be okay and I think you're better off eating elsewhere. We ate at a restaurant that rotated and had a view of a beach. Forgot the name of it. Anyway, we also went to Pearl Harbor and went on the battleship USS Missouri where Japan surrendered. It's the same class of battleship as USS Iowa in LA but is still incredibly awesome. While on the battleship, we did the Heart of the Missouri Tour where they took us into the turrets and engine rooms. Awesome. We also went to the Dole Plantation. That was interesting. The Lu'au at Aulani is awesome. I don't know how authentic it is or anything but the food was good and we had fun. We spent a lot of time resting because we were coming from Japan but we still had a great time and I'm sure you will too!

Curious Constance

Original Poster
All sounds awesome -- excited for you!!!

Haven't done Sea Life Park, but all these islandy destinations have a place like that. I did one in Mexico once on a cruise and the photos were indeed pricey, can't quite remember how much as it's been a while now. But hey, how often are ya gonna ride a dolphin right? I have no regrets about paying for my dolphin photo!! :)

Re: Majestic Circle Tour -- I know you said you were only planning to rent a car one day, but I'd urge you to keep it for a second one and recommend you being adventurous and touring the island yourself. I know that may sound intimidating, but I found navigating around the island to be really easy and so much fun. Was really great to go at our own pace and stop at various places that seemed interesting that we hadn't planned on. You could easily plot all those stops from the tour on a Google Maps itinerary and use that as the foundation of a drive and probably save a ton of $$$ in the process (plus not be stuck on a bus with other tourists who will no doubt be coughing and being obnoxious!)

If you're set on the tour, I'd recommend you looking into Roberts which typically has the best deals on these things and looks to have a similar tour that may be cheaper (good savings if you book online) than the one you're looking at: https://www.robertshawaii.com/oahu/tours/grand-circle-island-tour/

Have not done the Lu'Au as it is relatively new -- there used to be a free Lu'Au lite (a little show w/ no food or drink) and this replaced that. The reviews look very positive, so I'd say it's probably a safe bet. Formerly, the main option was Paradise Cove Luau right down the street which I never went to but looks to have mostly positive reviews as well. Would maybe do a little research and compare the two to see which sounds like the better value -- but hey, one is Disney and doesn't require you to leave the resort! Is $167 the total cost or just for the VIP upgrade? If just the upgrade, that seems pretty steep to me!!!

Plenty of chain restaurants nearby on the island if that's what you're looking for. 10 minutes away are strip malls like you'd find anywhere else in the country with all that stuff. I mentioned it before, but my family LOVED Plantation Tavern which is in one of those strip malls -- it is not a chain, but has an awesome menu with lots of variety and the food is better than you will find in any of those chains. https://www.yelp.com/biz/plantation-tavern-kapolei

I think you talked me into renting a car an extra day and touring ourselves!

As long as you promise it's not nearly as scary as driving in San Francisco? I aged at least five years that trip. How many lanes of traffic are we talking about on their main highways or freeways?

Will google maps allow me to enter in several points of stops and my starting and ending destination (Aulani) and it would kind of make an itinerary for us based on shortest driving distance?

And $167 is the cost for just the upgrade to the VIP LuAu for all four of us. That definitely does seem steep. Just not sure if the priority up front seating and free drinks (alcoholic and non) would be worth it. I wonder if you have to pay for non alcoholic drinks otherwise? That seems like a rip.

Oh, did you guys purchase the refillable drink mugs while there? Any idea how much they cost?

EricsBiscuit

As long as you promise it's not nearly as scary as driving in San Francisco? I aged at least five years that trip. How many lanes of traffic are we talking about on their main highways or freeways?

Will google maps allow me to enter in several points of stops and my starting and ending destination (Aulani) and it would kind of make an itinerary for us based on shortest driving distance?

And $167 is the cost for just the upgrade to the VIP LuAu for all four of us. That definitely does seem steep. Just not sure if the priority up front seating and free drinks (alcoholic and non) would be worth it. I wonder if you have to pay for non alcoholic drinks otherwise? That seems like a rip.

Oh, did you guys purchase the refillable drink mugs while there? Any idea how much they cost?
We did a package where we got a rental car. They have them at Aulani. It was well worth it and touring the island yourself is a ton of fun. The driving isn't too bad. The main arteries are the H series of roads/tunnels. The refillable mugs depend on the length of your stay like anywhere else and how much time you're going to spend at the resort. I don't remember how much because I usually forget to bring them so I didn't buy one.

Curious Constance

Original Poster
We did a package where we got a rental car. They have them at Aulani. It was well worth it and touring the island yourself is a ton of fun. The driving isn't too bad. The main arteries are the H series of roads/tunnels. The refillable mugs depend on the length of your stay like anywhere else and how much time you're going to spend at the resort. I don't remember how much because I usually forget to bring them so I didn't buy one.

If I only want to rent a car for the day, but they are closed when I get back, will they let me park it in their lot so they can check it in when they reopen it in the morning? I'd rather not have to pay to park it in the Aulani garage for $37 a night, when I won't be using it anymore.

EricsBiscuit

If I only want to rent a car for the day, but they are closed when I get back, will they let me park it in their lot so they can check it in when they reopen it in the morning? I'd rather not have to pay to park it in the Aulani garage for $37 a night, when I won't be using it anymore.
Our package came with a free 24 hour rental that we returned the same day. I don't think you have to worry about paying to park if it comes with your vacation package

TP2000

I'm not a Hawaii expert, but have been a few times to Oahu over the years, er... decades.

I love that you are taking the kids to Pearl Harbor and the Arizona Memorial! That is one of those things every American should see, and it's a really nice pause-and-reset moment in a vacation that makes you really appreciate the time with your family even more. The National Park Service has done it very graciously, so it's not gruesome or depressing, it's just restful and important and interesting.

The Dole Plantation tour is fun! The train is fun! The hospitality center is fun! The gift shop is fun! It's just fun.

My opinion? Splurge on the VIP upgrade for the Luau. I have family from Seattle that just spent their spring break on Maui, and there's nothing better than a not-familiar-with-the-sun family from the Great Pacific Northwest all sunburned and happy at a cheesy Hawaiian Luau. That will be a family photo and experience the kids will remember for decades, so go big on that one and get the good seats and the free mass produced Mai Tai's and the upgraded leis. 20 years from now you won't remember the bill, you'll only remember the family time.

Polynesian Cultural Center is great, and very interesting, and the drive over there is part of the experience. Sea Life Park is sort of a poor man's Sea World as I remember, and can be skipped.

My only other thought is that if the family wants a nice brunch off property, and/or you are in Waikiki, look to the Halekulani Hotel and get a reservation for their Orchid Brunch on Sundays. Halekulani has been my go-to hotel when on Oahu, it's a fantastic hotel with expert service, and their brunch is incomparable and right on the sand. There is no dress code for Sunday Brunch, unlike dinner, so you can wear "Resort Casual". They also do a very good afternoon Tea if you are in the neighborhood there in Waikiki near the International Marketplace. It's right next door to the big cheesy Sheraton where Don Ho used to headline and where the Brady Bunch stayed when they went. https://www.halekulani.com/

Last edited:

Curious Constance

Original Poster
I'm not a Hawaii expert, but have been a few times to Oahu over the years, er... decades.

I love that you are taking the kids to Pearl Harbor and the Arizona Memorial! That is one of those things every American should see, and it's a really nice pause-and-reset moment in a vacation that makes you really appreciate the time with your family even more. The National Park Service has done it very graciously, so it's not gruesome or depressing, it's just restful and important and interesting.

The Dole Plantation tour is fun! The train is fun! The hospitality center is fun! The gift shop is fun! It's just fun.

My opinion? Splurge on the VIP upgrade for the Luau. I have family from Seattle that just spent their spring break on Maui, and there's nothing better than a not-familiar-with-the-sun family from the Great Pacific Northwest all sunburned and happy at a cheesy Hawaiian Luau. That will be a family photo and experience the kids will remember for decades, so go big on that one and get the good seats and the free mass produced Mai Tai's and the upgraded leis. 20 years from now you won't remember the bill, you'll only remember the family time.

Polynesian Cultural Center is great, and very interesting, and the drive over there is part of the experience. Sea Life Park is sort of a poor man's Sea World as I remember, and can be skipped.

My only other thought is that if the family wants a nice brunch off property, and/or you are in Waikiki, look to the Halekulani Hotel and get a reservation for their Orchid Brunch on Sundays. Halekulani has been my go-to hotel when on Oahu, it's a fantastic hotel with expert service, and their brunch is incomparable and right on the sand. There is no dress code for Sunday Brunch, unlike dinner, so you can wear "Resort Casual". They also do a very good afternoon Tea if you are in the neighborhood there in Waikiki near the International Marketplace. It's right next door to the big cheesy Sheraton where Don Ho used to headline and where the Brady Bunch stayed when they went. https://www.halekulani.com/
Great info thanks! You talked me into the upgrade for the Luau. This will probably be the only Luau we ever see as a family, so best to do it right.

Stevek

We didn't stay there but did go for an afternoon, Aulani is beautiful. Looks like you have a great itinerary planned. I've been to Oahu 5 times now and my biggest advice, skip the bus tour and rent a car for a couple of days. Yes, a bus will take you to all the tourist spots but there is something much better about renting a convertible mustang (or your car of choice), being able to pull off at some beautiful places and doing everything at your own pace. Have fun, very jealous. Hoping to be back year but probably Maui for us.

Stevek

This! 100%!! We planned out all the big things, the Island isn't really that big and I think we saw everything over 2 days.

Curious Constance

Original Poster
We did a bus tour in Victoria, Ca and had to literally rush through everything.

I'm thinking we'll do Dole Plantation and Waimea Valley one day, since they appear to be close, and Sea Life dolphin swim and Hanauma Bay another day since they look to be close too. Still trying to decide what to do for the third day. Rest of the time of our trip , you'll find me lounging by the pool and beach!!!!

Anyone been to Byodo in-temple?

dweezil78

Haha, I promise... I found driving around the island to be super chill as long as you weren't around downtown Honolulu. Yep, Google Maps should allow you to do exactly that.

The day I did the drive I went from Aulani to the 83 and hugged the NE part of the island, then cut thru the middle via 99/H2 (can hit Dole via this part), and back to Aulani. You're right on the coast a huge chunk of that drive -- it was really amazing. You'll go past all kinds of stuff along the way including the Polynesian Cultural Center which I wanted to do but time didn't permit. Still was able to stop and check out their market place and grab a snack, all for free, which was cool.

Doing the 93 would allow you to see the other side of the island.

We're not big soda drinkers, so didn't to the refillable mugs so I sadly can't speak to that. Sounds like others are telling you the VIP is worth it, I say go for it too if your wallet can take the hit! :)

TP2000

Hanauma Bay is wonderful, I did that a few times in the 80's and 90's. I'm sure they have folks selling fish food there, but here's a tip from a lifelong snorkeler...

Pacific Tropical fish LOVE frozen peas. Buy a few bags at the grocery store (a name brand like Jolly Green Giant, for the quality peas and quality bag) and let the peas thaw out for a day. Snip a corner off the plastic bag and take it with you as you paddle out to the reef. Then you can snorkel or dive down and release peas from the plastic bag in dollops, the peas float around easily, and the fish will love you. You will have so many fish friends you won't know what to do, and the other snorkelers will be jealous you are getting all of the attention.

Sometimes I think I should teach a class at the local Junior College on how to live life.

Curious Constance

Original Poster
Hanauma Bay is wonderful, I did that a few times in the 80's and 90's. I'm sure they have folks selling fish food there, but here's a tip from a lifelong snorkeler...

Pacific Tropical fish LOVE frozen peas. Buy a few bags at the grocery store (a name brand like Jolly Green Giant, for the quality peas and quality bag) and let the peas thaw out for a day. Snip a corner off the plastic bag and take it with you as you paddle out to the reef. Then you can snorkel or dive down and release peas from the plastic bag in dollops, the peas float around easily, and the fish will love you. You will have so many fish friends you won't know what to do, and the other snorkelers will be jealous you are getting all of the attention.

Sometimes I think I should teach a class at the local Junior College on how to live life.

Dude, I'd take that class.

Although, I read you have to watch a video now, before you can snorkel, about NOT feeding the fish when you're snorkeling in the bay. lol I guess people fed the fish bread so much in the 50s and 60s that it did major damage to the reef. Sounds like they definitely run a tighter ship now. My dream would be to see a sea turtle when snorkeling. :inlove::inlove::inlove:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom