News Disneyland Park to close at 6 PM on Sunday, June 2nd.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
A hard close will happen on June 2nd. That means ride queues might closer earlier than that, and/or the ride will stop operating and those in line will be told to leave.

DCA will remain open until Midnight for your enjoyment. Those with a DL only ticket will probably be offered admission to DCA if you ask.

This is due to the major International Pow Wow event. This is the US Travel wholesalers big conference, which should bring in about $4.7 Billion in tourism income.

The GCH is one of the 7 host hotels.

The event is at the Convention Center from May 31st through June 4th.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
And the Guards, whether storm troopers or regular DLR ones WILL push them out at closing, as they will be setting up for the VIP event which starts at 8 PM, and will offer free food, drinks and other goodies. This group of Travel buyers/wholesalers and the International press will be treated as Royalty.

Last edited:

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Well, my life has been taken away from me for the next few days, and figured that this info needed to be moved up as a reminder of the early close.

Once again, HARD Close (Shops, eateries all close, Want to shop? Head to World of Disney, not Main Street) at 6 PM at Disneyland Park, DCA open until Midnight, with extra things planned that evening to appease guests.

Here is just part of my crazy life, but if someone told me I could do this 2 years ago, I would be a bit "Say What?" as I was still struggling to use my legs and hands.... Still not 100%, but a lot closer than March, 2017!

Tonight was a private event at The Cultivation Kitchen at the Anaheim Packing District.

Tomorrow I get to spend the day and evening greeting folks at LAX.

Saturday is the Convention Center in the Morning, followed by heading back to LAX.

Sunday is a Press Event at Ctr City in the day, followed by a LA Galaxy game that night.

Monday and Tuesday at the Convention Center. Tuesday night is a Council meeting, where a proclamation for the American Coaster Enthusiasts will be presented.

Wednesday is at Knott's, which is closing early for the Pow Wow.

Thursday, I get to get a MRI.

Tuesday the 11th is a special Pow Wow Staff party at Knott's (Mix In).

Saturday the 15th through Sunday the 23rd is CoasterCon, but might have to attend the June 18th Council Meeting... (Not very happy about it, but someone will need to talk some common sense to the audience).

At least I have seats in the Anaheim City Suite at Angel Stadium on the 27th.

JD2000

How do you see how large an event, held at the convention centre, is going to be anymore? You used to be able to see what space(s) would be taken, by any said event, on their calendar, but not anymore, it would seem.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
How do you see how large an event, held at the convention centre, is going to be anymore? You used to be able to see what space(s) would be taken, by any said event, on their calendar, but not anymore, it would seem.
Good question. Due to competition with other Convention Centers, the numbers were removed from public view.

Like the CM portal, I can login to see a lot of the details, but can't share

Sorry about that.

mickEblu

Reminder, if you plan to be at the DLR this evening, hope you enjoy DCA....

Thanks for the heads up. I’m going to the parks tomorrow. These people will all be at the convention center and not at the parks right?

MoonRakerSCM

I recall several years ago being at Disneyland on the day of... I think it was a private birthday event for Miley Cyrus. It was a hard close and the CMs we're noticeably different in tone. It was a very distinct and firm "Leave." feeling from everyone and it was amazing to watch the park shove guests out.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
What an amazing night last night was!!!!

I should also thank all the DLR CM's who I have been working with since Friday, and until Thursday. (I am off IPW duty until Wednesday due to a City Council meeting and other political stuff).

I think I can say that Disneyland spent Millions on the IPW event, it was that important to them.

Alas, I can't say much more currently. The Fireworks show was visible. The DLR used a city Waiver and the show started after 10 PM and had a lot more shells than normal. That is public knowledge.

Heck, who needs sleep.

And in a personal note, I have been standing and walking (with the help of my UpWalker) most of the event. So happy to see all the rehab work I have been doing is paying off. Even Councilmember Barnes's aide commented on it tonight.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Thanks for sharing.. I only get to live vicariously through my DLR app thus far but have been enjoying examining the wait times in park post GE, and amazed at how low they have been compared to WDW throughout this, and when I saw the 6PM closing I knew something was up....:angelic:
Last trip I did a tour at WDW that began before park open and I still treasure being in the park with very few people early in the morn....so I can very much appreciate adventures during non normal park hours. :cool:

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Thanks for sharing.. I only get to live vicariously through my DLR app thus far but have been enjoying examining the wait times in park post GE, and amazed at how low they have been compared to WDW throughout this, and when I saw the 6PM closing I knew something was up....:angelic:
Last trip I did a tour at WDW that began before park open and I still treasure being in the park with very few people early in the morn....so I can very much appreciate adventures during non normal park hours. :cool:

I have been fortunate to have been both backstage, and in the park before/after the park is not open to anyone but CM's.

To walk down Main Street and see the airline baggage carts used to deliver items to/from the planes being used for merchandise deliveries, the CM's gardening, washing the sidewalks, etc. To see the magic happening is an unique thing.

To see Entertainment getting ready for a parade, getting to be in the Monorail Barn, working on the trains (One of my favorites) and more.

While I don't agree with every decision TDA has made, I respect all the hard work every CM does, and not just when they are on stage, but all the other things they do, including countless volunteer work in our community.

Now my job is to make sure everyone knows all the things Disney does to help out the city where their first park was built, and how since prior to opening Disney has always reached out to thank those. I know of stories of how Walt Disney made sure Anaheim Fire and Police were taken care of when working on property, even if it was just a sandwich and a drink.

So this week, let alone multiple divisions of TWDC are working at IPW, in addition, many TDA CM's have volunteered to help wherever, such as helping load buses, giving directions, signing people up for tours. All wearing an IPW uniform with no DLR identification, just Visit Anaheim. And while they might have been encouraged to volunteer, they did so with a smile on their face.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom