Disneyland Paris Reopening

Sir_Cliff

Not worth the price you have to pay for airfare, I'm afraid. And for me, it's currently cheaper to fly to Tokyo than Paris. 😳 I'd love a second visit to DLP, even with shorter hours.
Who's travelling to Paris right now, though? Even within Europe, Paris is now subject to all kinds of travel warnings and travel restrictions. I'd imagine it's largely catering to the local market at the moment which isn't really sufficient to support both parks, or at least WDS in the state that it's in.

The positive thing in all of this is they seem to have continued with maintenance and refurbishments both when the resort was closed and since it reopened. I'm hopeful that means it continues looking as good as it had been last time I was there in October when things start getting back to normal. Honestly, they seem to be giving more care and attention to DLP than the WDW parks right now.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Who's travelling to Paris right now, though right now?
We just did ! Although we have to quarantine for two weeks now we are home. There were barely any brits that we heard, it was predominantly French accents. With the virus erupting all across Europe, travel restrictions everywhere and financial implications there isn’t a lot of travel as you say.

True to their word, DLP honoured the booking offer we initially had from April. Had we booked again from scratch for last week the cost was another 500 euros. Without dining.

It was so surreal and such a great experience. On Saturday the park was busy and queues were 45-60 minutes by mid morning, but Wednesday to Friday was almost a ghost town. Spot maintenance was excellent - continuing small jobs like railing painting, walkway floor replacements and the like, and the two pronged studios expansion is continuing. I just hope for the parks sake things improve. Park hours have recently been further reduced (along with pricing) and 4 out of 6 hotels are currently closed (and amazingly with Sequoia closed they've brought forward a maintenance project on it)

I will also say two areas that shined - cast friendliness and ride maintenance. So many cast were smiling and being proactive in a passing greeting. A genuine happy to be open and working feeling. We had multiple stand out encounters with friendly cast. Like last year, park and ride maintenance was excellent. I could again count on less than two hands the amount of missing or inactive attraction effects. And we rode everything.

Most of all we felt safe. Mask wearing was readily enforced by cast. Distanced queuing was clearly marked. Every single queue switchback had Perspex screens. Socially distanced meet n greet selfie spots were plentiful. Table serve buffets were very well done. Maid service in Newport Bay was by request only.

But by god the lack of weekday crowds made for some amazing photography. Even more so during EMH

353CA401-423B-43AC-836A-59BA856269DB.jpeg
DB2FE507-3191-4E8F-9A16-34EE9DBA7207.jpeg
0B33E292-24E8-4A63-87BA-76A30C1BEDE3.jpeg
51BFEC18-F9A1-43B7-8126-17B37151C149.jpeg
59651497-F9E0-49FB-BD41-CC9B3651B7D6.jpeg

Feel free to ask anything specific.

Last edited:

cjkeating

Original Poster
We just did ! Although we have to quarantine for two weeks now we are home. There were barely any brits that we heard, it was predominantly French accents. With the virus erupting all across Europe, travel restrictions everywhere and financial implications there isn’t a lot of travel as you say.

True to their word, DLP honoured the booking offer we initially had from April. Had we booked again from scratch for last week the cost was another 500 euros. Without dining.

It was so surreal and such a great experience. On Saturday the park was busy and queues were 45-60 minutes by mid morning, but Wednesday to Friday was almost a ghost town. Spot maintenance was excellent - continuing small jobs like railing painting, walkway floor replacements and the like, and the two pronged studios expansion is continuing. I just hope for the parks sake things improve. Park hours have recently been further reduced (along with pricing) and 4 out of 6 hotels are currently closed (and amazingly with Sequoia closed they've brought forward a maintenance project on it)

I will also say two areas that shined - cast friendliness and ride maintenance. So many cast were smiling and being proactive in a passing greeting. A genuine happy to be open and working feeling. We had multiple stand out encounters with friendly cast. Like last year, park and ride maintenance was excellent. I could again count on less than two hands the amount of missing or inactive attraction effects. And we rode everything.

Most of all we felt safe. Mask wearing was readily enforced by cast. Distanced queuing was clearly marked. Every single queue switchback had Perspex screens. Socially distanced meet n greet selfie spots were plentiful. Table serve buffets were very well done. Maid service in Newport Bay was by request only.

But by god the lack of weekday crowds made for some amazing photography. Even more so during EMH

View attachment 500878View attachment 500879View attachment 500880View attachment 500881View attachment 500883

Great report. Like you I hope things calm down in France because DLP is really shining at the moment and has generally done so since the 25th and we need this to continue but they need guests!

I'm hoping to get to DLP in early November - as long as France still let us in... quarantine back in the UK isn't a problem - as things stand did you have any issues either getting out of the UK, into France or back into the UK at immigration etc?

wdrive

Great report. Like you I hope things calm down in France because DLP is really shining at the moment and has generally done so since the 25th and we need this to continue but they need guests!

I'm hoping to get to DLP in early November - as long as France still let us in... quarantine back in the UK isn't a problem - as things stand did you have any issues either getting out of the UK, into France or back into the UK at immigration etc?
As things stand you should have no problem at immigration so long as you’ve filled in the correct forms beforehand. Although in my experience no one actually takes them from you

Richard

View attachment 500878View attachment 500879View attachment 500880View attachment 500881View attachment 500883

Hi, great report, thank you!

Do you have any inside info on when Davy Crockett might open? 12 of us are booked for a significant(!) birthday trip next year and wonder if it will still happen?

Cheers

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Hi, great report, thank you!

Do you have any inside info on when Davy Crockett might open? 12 of us are booked for a significant(!) birthday trip next year and wonder if it will still happen?

Cheers
I don’t I’m afraid. Sequoia is due to reopen May 1 and New York is aiming for June. I’d imagine if they can reopen, that would be the timeframe. Should it be closed I’d imagine you would be bumped up to Sequoia if thats open, or Newport if it’s not.

Jon81uk

I'm trying to work out if DLP is worth it at the moment with the current hours etc.

The current special offer ends today and £950 to go for three nights in February, for Newport Bay hotel, free half board, four days tickets, €100 gift card and free eurotunnel (self-drive) seems quite good for two of us.

But with a large chunk of the studios closed for the Avengers refurb, no shows, no parade, no fireworks and short park hours I'm not sure if the parks are worthwhile?

cjkeating

Original Poster
I'm trying to work out if DLP is worth it at the moment with the current hours etc.

The current special offer ends today and £950 to go for three nights in February, for Newport Bay hotel, free half board, four days tickets, €100 gift card and free eurotunnel (self-drive) seems quite good for two of us.

But with a large chunk of the studios closed for the Avengers refurb, no shows, no parade, no fireworks and short park hours I'm not sure if the parks are worthwhile?
When did you last visit/when would you plan on attending again? I don't think the current climate is good for once in a lifetime trips but I would certainly say the parks are very enjoyable to visit at the moment.

The only big loss at the Studios is RNRC which if you've ridden before isn't a huge loss. There are alternatives to parades/shows such as the huge number of selfie spots across the parks and some unadvertised character happenings on the parade route.

Also does the Zen Guarantee extend into next year? I assume it does... so you can pay 15% now, pay in full 60 days before and cancel unto 7 days before.

Jon81uk

When did you last visit/when would you plan on attending again? I don't think the current climate is good for once in a lifetime trips but I would certainly say the parks are very enjoyable to visit at the moment.

The only big loss at the Studios is RNRC which if you've ridden before isn't a huge loss. There are alternatives to parades/shows such as the huge number of selfie spots across the parks and some unadvertised character happenings on the parade route.

Also does the Zen Guarantee extend into next year? I assume it does... so you can pay 15% now, pay in full 60 days before and cancel unto 7 days before.

I last went to Paris in 2009 and WDW in 2016. I don’t expect to do Paris again for sometime so no fireworks feels like a big loss.

No RnR isn’t that big a deal, but no cinemagique show feels like a big gap.

fradz

I last went to Paris in 2009 and WDW in 2016. I don’t expect to do Paris again for sometime so no fireworks feels like a big loss.

No RnR isn’t that big a deal, but no cinemagique show feels like a big gap.

Agreed with your self-assessment. No fireworks + no shows after a long time without visiting, I wouldn't do it. (I'm saying this while I'm talking with my local friends to plan a visit hahaha)

cjkeating

Original Poster
😲 No, I haven’t been to the park in 11 years 😂
Cinemagique was replaced by a seasonal Marvel show which was due to have its final season this year (but was cancelled due to COVID) so the theatre is now vacant.

Mickey and the Magician (seasonal for spring/summer) in the Animagique theatre you would miss out on anyhow in February.

Brummyboy92

I guess it depends what you're into really.

I am holding out for Tokyo next year, otherwise I would have done Paris. Could be a very unique time to visit the parks, alternative forms of entertainment, quiet photo spots, etc...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom