Disneyland Paris news 2019

Trekkie101

Original Poster
Website
  1. All localities are now on the 'new' website platform, which is a reskin of the old and in line with the global aspiration.
  2. Dining reservations over the internet are now on A/B test in all locales
  3. Website has now been moved to the US servers with its counterparts + 'The Art of Marvel Hotel New York' has been referenced for the first time visitor facing.

Resort
  1. A third park is still in the planning with land set aside. They advise its a long long way off in the future.
  2. Disneyland Paris is the 2nd largest resort, 6 times smaller than WDW but 2nd none the less.
  3. The 'South' bus terminal and train station entry will open 2019.
  4. Longer stays are the key driver for growth via the WDS2 expansion, not just new guests and repeat guests.
  5. Geothermal energy is now live and unique to Disneyland Paris (from a Disney stand point)
  6. Due to changes to French law regarding local rentals and airbnb - Disneyland Paris is reviewing its hotel portfolio

WDS
  1. One third of the development is concrete, focusing more on greenery, gardens, trees, grass.
  2. 2013 was the start of the expansion project through a study
  3. Berm is gonna be 8m high, only tops of buildings visible outside
  4. Work is day time only

Trekkie101

Original Poster
Building outlines of the new areas.

If anyone wanted to compare and comment on which these line up with vs Disneyland (Star Wars) and HKDL (Frozen).

Attachments

• Building diagrams.png
    Building diagrams.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 407

Trekkie101

Original Poster
Toy Story Play Days announced 18-28th June.

• Scavenger Hunt in WDS
  • Meet Bo Peep in WDS
  • Hotel Cheyenne scavenger hunt (For staying guests)
  • Special Toy Story 4 preview in studio theatre
  • Exclusive food and merch

Building outlines of the new areas.

If anyone wanted to compare and comment on which these line up with vs Disneyland (Star Wars) and HKDL (Frozen).

It's probably done before but I made a very very quick overlay of the map with some aerials of SW:GE in DL. Orange = the big building planned for SW in Paris, blue = RotR in DL, red = very messy overview of GE in DL. Like I said, this was done quickly. I used Google Maps, some aerials, the image you posted for Paris and the measurement tools in Google Maps so it's not really accurate but the overall image should be correct.

Donald Dutch

I really don't get why they would open up the space directly beneath the yellow border to build all those non-Disney buildings inside 'the circle'. What is the plan for this piece of land anyway? Residential or commercial? It's so close to the park's border and if they ever would want to expand the Studios park even further, those new buildings are in the way.

britain

Interesting to see that after all this expansion, the park will really just be in a position to better accommodate more expansion.

I really don't get why they would open up the space directly beneath the yellow border to build all those non-Disney buildings inside 'the circle'. What is the plan for this piece of land anyway? Residential or commercial? It's so close to the park's border and if they ever would want to expand the Studios park even further, those new buildings are in the way.

A part of what's pictured is already there or under construction as far as I know. It's around Val d'Europe (shopping center). I think they don't really need that space for future expansions of the studios since there cleary are some big gaps around the lake. Especially with the possibility of a third gate, space in the studios doesn't seem like one of the biggest problems to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom