Disneyland Paris Half Marathon

Rteetz

They should just tell us, since they probably know by now. Prehaps they can soften the blow by telling us the new race theme or showing us some of the future calendar. Maybe even a summer series theme? Something.
They are better off waiting as long as possible. I don't think they do truly know. There is so much still dependent on outside factors.

EPCOT-O.G.

I go back and forth what to infer from this. On the one hand, DL Paris was only open for a few months over the summer and has been closed since October, so it makes sense that this wouldn’t be operationally feasible. WDW’s been open unfettered since July. On the other hand, running a marathon isn’t as vital activity to the parks as running the parks, and can see how pushing forward with it would invite considerable blowback.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
They should just tell us, since they probably know by now. Prehaps they can soften the blow by telling us the new race theme or showing us some of the future calendar. Maybe even a summer series theme? Something.
I'm shocked that they haven't updated the virtual series that still has the dates of April 16 - August 20, 2020... Maybe they'll update that soon, along with updating the future rundisney calendar of events. They have to know & see all the rundisney facebook groups and blog groups and how they inspire so many to run. I hold out hope for an update soon.

Surferboy567

I'm shocked that they haven't updated the virtual series that still has the dates of April 16 - August 20, 2020... Maybe they'll update that soon, along with updating the future rundisney calendar of events. They have to know & see all the rundisney facebook groups and blog groups and how they inspire so many to run. I hold out hope for an update soon.
Yea, I am not really sure what they are waiting for in terms of announcements. Maybe they are planning a full scale announcement sometime soon but we should get something.

Rteetz

Working on a project, if anyone has pricing in US dollars for Paris throughout its history that would be great. I have the pricing for 2019 as well as some of the pricing for 2017.

RunningKoen

Working on a project, if anyone has pricing in US dollars for Paris throughout its history that would be great. I have the pricing for 2019 as well as some of the pricing for 2017.

I have all the bookings in my mail, so I should be able to deduct a lot of them.

Will try to do that when my vacation period starts, next week. You're free to message me a reminder :)

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Any rumours of this return yet?? I would think it was cancelled because of covid, but now that life is moving onward, can we get our French races back??! Tell me something good!

I have been wondering if they decided it would be too complicated with all the construction going on in the Studios park and that they will bring it back as this finishes? Looks like I’m going to need to organize a team for a 24 hour relay race if I want to participate in something at the end of September 😉

Swissmiss

Premium Member
There was a tweet or FB post I saw a few days ago from the rD org saying it was canceled this year

So apparently it depends on whether you ask the question in English or in French 😉. I don’t use FB so there is a limited amount of information I can see, but I went on the 2 different pages and sorted for newest text. The English text says there will not be one (posted 5 days ago) yet yesterday the French answer was we have no answer. 🤷🏼‍♀️

43380539-53B1-4C10-9FA2-C812C35DCA48.png

2AD7C6E4-2A84-4E5A-8613-D082C450AB39.png

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
So apparently it depends on whether you ask the question in English or in French 😉. I don’t use FB so there is a limited amount of information I can see, but I went on the 2 different pages and sorted for newest text. The English text says there will not be one (posted 5 days ago) yet yesterday the French answer was we have no answer. 🤷🏼‍♀️

View attachment 636723

View attachment 636724

If construction is impacting this year's race with completion not anticipated in time to organize and run the races, just say so.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom