Disneyland Paris Half Marathon

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I just realized NOW that it is a race weekend!!

Bonnes chances mes amis

Yes - I started the 5K quite late (the beginning of the last corral started just before 9 pm) so by the time I got back, showered and went to sleep it was pretty late. I’d toyed with the idea yesterday of getting a bracelet to see the 10K runners come in, to cheer @RunningKoen in, but then I realized I’d have to be up and leave just after the start of the race. And as I type this, he’s probably already in the Disney Studios and almost finished with the 10K. Dates are already out for next year: 24-27 September.

RunningKoen

5DDFDD18-F7BE-477F-BEBB-992ABA57B053.jpeg

10 K went Well! :) might have went too fast So I’m slightly worried for the half.

Princess weekend 2020 is only a 5 and 8K weekend. Lots of people aren’t happy with that. I’m not going aswell, without a half.

RunningKoen

459ABD92-DCFE-4484-94BD-83805A6306B4.jpeg

Got my precious 3th Castle to chateau!
Proudly showed it while supporting my sister in her last few miles:)

The half was amazing! Enough and quite Fun stops. I only did the Castle today and Merida yesterday, had some funny backstage shots.
And stopped for selfie with Meg and Hercules in the background. We couldnt stop with them.

I missed out in Moana because she was on a break during the 10K and so she’ll stay on my list of photostops I’m willing to wait for. (Very small list 😂)

My time was 2:00:11. My toilet stop inside the park ruined a sub 2 time. But my pace was steady! I ran with a low heart beat and the entire race and I’m happy with that.

814CE91C-E9CD-446C-9C53-4364A54EEA83.jpeg

FerretAfros

I’m back at work after flying home yesterday. As usual, I had a great time at the event, and the courses were lovely as always. While there were still a few small issues along the way, it seems like they finally figured out how to make the event run smoothly. From registration, to the expo, to the races, I really can’t think of any major issues that were so common at previous DLP.

I walked the 5K with a friend, and we had a fun time just enjoying the parks. I did the 10K at a comfortable running pace, trying to save some speed for Sunday. The half marathon ended up being a little slower than I’d hoped, since I did too much sightseeing in the city on Saturday, but I think it’s a fair trade for a destination race and I was still happy with my time

I also think I saw @RunningKoen in the finish area after the 10K, but didn’t have a chance to talk to him. My half marathon time was about 2 minutes slower, so we probably finished around the same time on Sunday too

I also made it into one of the promo videos. I’m the one in the Tron shirt in the second shot. I’ve always been impressed with how much better DLP’s videos look than other races, so it’s an honor to get to be a part of that!

It was a really nice weekend, in a great location and with great friends, and I’m already looking forward to next year!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
At one point I think I was right behind the Buzz Lightyear because I remember thinking his wings were a bit too wide from a safety point of view, because some of the passageways are quite tight.

I too think that each year the organization of the event gets better - I quite liked the deferred corral closing times and although I don’t stop to take pictures every 5 feet like some (in a large part because the progressive lenses I wear when running are made for seeing the dashboard of my car and not the correct distance for taking pictures), I really liked how they had many characters near the course (like Rapunzel) but not as official character stops. One guy was taking selfies with his iPad :banghead: - I assume he finished but that’d be a drag to run with the whole time.

I do think the Expo needs some reflection. The one small vendor in the middle just seems odd. And the cashier area for the official merchandise could also be improved; it was quite chaotic when I was there.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
One thing I dislike about the DLP race organization is that they really don’t seem to use the website, only Facebook and Twitter. I don’t have an account on either. If it weren’t for the kindness of @RunningKoen to always post information here for me. I’d never have known when much of the organizational information like race routes, etc had been made available.

RunningKoen

Agree with you. They are improving but not there yet.

A PoT system till 2:45 is the next thing needed. The cashier system in general needs a revamp, same with the expo layout.
Digital systems needs to work smoother and more in advance (voucher details, showing each persons orders correctly).

Courses and entertainment along it are better than WDW, imho. Some sections are small and might be changed, like the loops at the tram tour area.

The pre show live thing was amazing. It gave me such a sporty vibe, the mix of segments was amazing and time went so quickly waiting in corral c. Seeing the winner finish and other runners along the course was fabulous.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Great picture - thanks for sharing. And as we learned, there will be one more medal like this one next year and then they will change the design. And while the 1st medal is the one I am most proud of, I think it is my least favorite in terms of looks.

RunningKoen

Great picture - thanks for sharing. And as we learned, there will be one more medal like this one next year and then they will change the design. And while the 1st medal is the one I am most proud of, I think it is my least favorite in terms of looks.

I love that one the most. I prefer the simple look. How do you know about the new design?

My regular TA has already sold out all of their allocated rooms.

Schermafbeelding 2019-09-27 om 00.00.12.png

My post half marathon pic is epic by thw way.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I love that one the most. I prefer the simple look. How do you know about the new design?

Wow - for once I know something before you 😎. I guess it was the advantage of being in Corral C 😂😂.

At one point they were interviewing someone and talking about the medal designs and one of them was explaining the evolution of the half medal with always the castle being the same but Mickey represented differently and that how after the 5th year anniversary they would retire that design and start a new series.

RunningKoen

Wow - for once I know something before you 😎. I guess it was the advantage of being in Corral C 😂😂.

At one point they were interviewing someone and talking about the medal designs and one of them was explaining the evolution of the half medal with always the castle being the same but Mickey represented differently and that how after the 5th year anniversary they would retire that design and start a new series.

Good to know! If they dont introduce a perfect program ánd ruin the design for the 6th edition, Im definitely out.

Greenlawler

Im back at home finally....we spent another day in Paris after the races and a day in Belgium.

And the day I got back to the States, I had a work trip over the weekend.

Over all I enjoyed the races a great deal and the Parks.

The expo on the other hand....wow, major letdown lol. I mean I incorrectly assumed the expo would sell runners essentials. It did not. No runners gels, or goo's. and no runners glide.

I did not like the medals, shirts or themes....I mean the group I was with are character runners. After seeing all the amazing characters we don't get to see in the States in last years pics, we were excited. However we got a steady diet of princesses again.

The pre race stuff was weird. The constant Genie interviews were lost on everyone, and weird.. They kept saying the races were bigger and better this year, but based on what I learned from the previous year, I learned that it was a total step back. Sucks we did not pull the trigger and go last year.

The Aristocats were a very welcome surprise though during the 5k.

Not trying to be negative, like I said we loved the races.

I really struggled trough the 10k, and knew the half would be tough. I finished the half with a 2:25 time, not a good time for me. But I will say I did enjoy the course, and that was about as good as I could do at my current weight.

I have a few months to get it together for Dopey. I don't think I could have done a full marathon after the Paris half.

I will say this is a reality check.

I had no idea next year was the 5 year anniversary of the Paris runs. If the DL races do not come back we might consider coming back.

Last edited:

RunningKoen

Bookings hotel & bib packages directly at Disney opened up, I am in for the 5th edition of the run weekend.

Packages for the Princess run are for sale aswell but I don't care for that weekend. It's a 5 and 8k weekend with a 13K challenge. Who cares for 13K? :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom