Disneyland Paris Half Marathon

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
First World problems... šŸ˜„

I kinda like the Half medal. Not fond of the 10K or the two challenges. However, I like that if you run all three, you can do it as a challenge. For me, that would be 5 medals per WDW race weekend. Except for Marathon - wish they'd add a 10k & Half challenge.

RunningKoen

First World problems... šŸ˜„

I kinda like the Half medal. Not fond of the 10K or the two challenges. However, I like that if you run all three, you can do it as a challenge. For me, that would be 5 medals per WDW race weekend. Except for Marathon - wish they'd add a 10k & Half challenge.

I kinda like the 31K challenge. The 36K feels a bit overkill on Aladin. 10K is better than the Tangled one from Princess 2018 ;-)

I'll be getting 6 in three months (still no training ...)

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I kinda like the 31K challenge. The 36K feels a bit overkill on Aladin. 10K is better than the Tangled one from Princess 2018 ;-)

I'll be getting 6 in three months (still no training ...)

If you decide to run all three - 5K, 10K and Half - you can register for them as a challenge?

I liked that Tangled medal. Thought it was cool the lanyard was part of Rapunzel's hair. The Half and challenge? Not so much.

RunningKoen

If you decide to run all three - 5K, 10K and Half - you can register for them as a challenge?

I liked that Tangled medal. Thought it was cool the lanyard was part of Rapunzel's hair. The Half and challenge? Not so much.

Just like Dopey, you buy the challenge instead of separate bibs. Completing the 36K grands you the 31K shirt and medal aswell, just liek Goofy during Dopey. Combining separates races isn't enough to get a medal, just like the separate 10K and half marathons in WDW.

Castle to Chateau will be the 6th medal ;-)

As with this years half marathon, I am not a big fan of painted metal. Tangled during princess heavily relief on paint for their design, with the lanyard as only nice touch of the medals. Purple lanyard with the lanterns for DLP 2019 10K is very nice aswell.

RunningKoen

This video shows the making off the medals.

I really love the 5K medal, the picture didnt do it justice. 10K and 31K are also amazing. Still no fan of the half one, but the lanyard makes it less terrible :)

Swissmiss

Premium Member

This video shows the making off the medals.

I really love the 5K medal, the picture didnt do it justice. 10K and 31K are also amazing. Still no fan of the half one, but the lanyard makes it less terrible :)

The video was good but the subtitling wasnā€™t as detailed as his commentary.

RunningKoen

I love the half medal. Love it.
We need to talk ...

This pic shows enough

62408014_10157307414978351_7347330785818443776_n.jpg

RunningKoen

Only bibs left are for the kids races.

All races and challenges are sold out. It's good to see, cause the half marathon didn't sell out last year

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Only bibs left are for the kids races.

All races and challenges are sold out. It's good to see, cause the half marathon didn't sell out last year

I knew the half didnā€™t sell out last year, but what about the inaugural or the second year? Iā€™m curious to know how many runners is a sell out for the DLP races because there were more than 20ā€™000 runners doing the half during marathon weekend 2018 at WDW and it was a very different feel for me to run that race because of the crowds than when I run DLP

RunningKoen

Proof for the C2C and the medical certificate are approved.

System is working smooth and approval went quickly. Out of all the 4 editions, this is the best experience so far.
@Swissmiss is your registration complete?

Curious about the corral placement because of the PoT system.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Proof for the C2C and the medical certificate are approved.

System is working smooth and approval went quickly. Out of all the 4 editions, this is the best experience so far.
@Swissmiss is your registration complete?

Curious about the corral placement because of the PoT system.

Yes, I did it all last week. And I agree with you, this one was the best so far. Whatā€™s the PoT system like - my projected time is just over the time where a PoT is necessary so my registration always skips over that as soon as I upload the medical certificate.

DD and I are headed to DLP this weekend - she says itā€™s ā€œnot fairā€ that Iā€™ll be there in September and sheā€™ll be in school so I said ā€œif you really want to go, I guess we could find a weekend we have nothing plannedā€ ... šŸ˜‰

RunningKoen

Yes, I did it all last week. And I agree with you, this one was the best so far. Whatā€™s the PoT system like - my projected time is just over the time where a PoT is necessary so my registration always skips over that as soon as I upload the medical certificate.

DD and I are headed to DLP this weekend - she says itā€™s ā€œnot fairā€ that Iā€™ll be there in September and sheā€™ll be in school so I said ā€œif you really want to go, I guess we could find a weekend we have nothing plannedā€ ... šŸ˜‰

PoT is 1:30 or less, I tried with a 1:45 proof but they didnt accept it. They should really use the 2:45 system and based A, B and C with it. Create a D , E and F and actually do something with the time people submit. Last year, I had 1:35 and I was in C ...

Swissmiss

Premium Member
PoT is 1:30 or less, I tried with a 1:45 proof but they didnt accept it. They should really use the 2:45 system and based A, B and C with it. Create a D , E and F and actually do something with the time people submit. Last year, I had 1:35 and I was in C ...

I understand, because I too was in C (as I have been every year) and you run way faster than I do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom