Disneyland Paris Half Marathon

RunningKoen

Oh how fun ... because next Friday I’m going to an after hours event Princess and Pirates - so I should b able to get some ideas 😉

I'll never skip on any of these races (team potential perfect) but I'll do none of these themes. I might re-use hercules if they link the Princess to the 5K.

RunningKoen

Bibs only will go on sale at 2 april.
runDisney France had an booth at the Paris Marathon expo and there was a flyer with that date.

Saw a picture of that flyer on Facebook, so it’s still sort of a rumour and not confirmed on their site.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Question - DLP is on the bucket-list for 2022 or 2023 - If I'm going to fly all the way to Europe I'm going to run the darn race too.

What is the best way to find out about hotel prices, race prices, etc? When I'm on the rundisney site it tells me to call about packages and I'm not interested in booking for a couple of years but I want to get a ballpark price.

RunningKoen

Question - DLP is on the bucket-list for 2022 or 2023 - If I'm going to fly all the way to Europe I'm going to run the darn race too.

What is the best way to find out about hotel prices, race prices, etc? When I'm on the rundisney site it tells me to call about packages and I'm not interested in booking for a couple of years but I want to get a ballpark price.

Several sites have package deals with all these info online. I like run to the magic, but I'm not that objective.

36K and 5K bibs only sold out.

Rapunzel287

The race prices (bib only) are now online - for example around $67 for the 10k.
Pretty cheap compared to the WDW races.

If you’re looking for hotel prices keep in mind that the prices might explode during race weekends.
I’m telling you from experience: two years ago we wanted to travel during race weekend to see some friends who participated. Our favorite offsite hotel had rooms available for about $220 per night :oops:.
Just after the race weekend the rooms were about $85.
Well, we didn’t see our friends that weekend ;).
So just be prepared. Maybe the packages might be a good deal after all...

Texas84

Try GetTravel

Swissmiss

Premium Member
DLP actually publishes their room prices in a brochure - it’s not always easy to find online so I’ll try to find a link for you. I end up having to wait until AP prices come out to book my package, because it cuts the room cost cosiderably.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Here it is @DznyGrlSD:

Down towards the bottom of the page it gives the price grids for the next year (from now until April 2020).

FerretAfros

I'm in for year 4! Other than the tech issues that have become a hallmark of DLP's registration process, I thought it was pretty easy overall

The email they sent last week with the countdown counted to the wrong time (I think because Europe switched to daylight savings time over the weekend), catching me by surprise when the link went up an hour earlier than I expected. As luck would have it, the tech issues sorted themselves out right around the time I was planning on getting started with the process anyway.

Although there are always back-of-house and organizational issues with this event, the races themselves are truly fantastic. I'm really looking forward to it already!

While the packages certainly give peace of mind, I'd highly recommend looking into arranging it on your own. While Disney's hotels are nice and the locations are great, they're incredibly expensive for the level of accommodations they provide. Additionally, booking the hotels directly through Disney or as part of a race package with a travel agent requires buying park tickets for every day you're there. The parks are certainly worth a couple days of your time, but as an American I find it tough to justify spending so much time in the parks when Paris is just 30-45 minutes away. The hotels can occasionally be found on 3rd party booking sites for room-only stays, but even that is hard to justify the expense; the cheapest option for race weekend at the moment is $289/night at Hotel Santa Fe, which is a "value" property with basic accommodations and a long walk or bus ride to the parks

With a quick search of the surrounding area, you should be able to find something in Val d'Europe or Magny pretty easily in the $100-150/night ballpark (or less). The large hotels in Magny run shuttles to/from the parks which is a little inconvenient, but they're along the half marathon course so it's not too far. Val d'Europe is one stop away on the RER train, which takes less than 5 minutes; alternatively, you can walk to Disney property in less than 30 minutes. They run extra trains early on race morning, but when we stayed there, we thought it was worth the peace of mind to walk to the races, and used the train the rest of the time.

Basically, this is a long-winded way of suggesting you keep your options open. By hunting around a little I've found that as an east coaster, I'm able to do a race weekend at DLP for the same price (or slightly less) than one at DLR. While Anaheim is just fine as a destination, it really can't compare to Paris. It seems extravagant and exotic, but it's really pretty affordable and simple with a little research!

RunningKoen

There are several 'friendly' hotels, apart from the 5 Disney hotels. They have bus shuttles etc. because a lot of runners stay there.

Being early often gives you good prices on flights and hotels. Booking them together wont save a lot of money, but it does save you some effort, time and lots of stress. Bib only sale can be annoying. Thats why I go for package deals every time. Not letting my possible perfect status slip away due to that typical 502 error.

RunningKoen

Checking flights just for fun. It's cheaper to fly to Paris from Orlando than it is from Atlanta. But all the cheaper Orlando flights go through Atlanta. 🤔
Airfares are always fun. Flying to houston and transfer from houston to orlando is nearly twice as cheap as a direct flight to orlando

RunningKoen

Medals!

1560507423952.png
1560507439313.png
1560507448403.png
1560507464930.png
1560507476354.png

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I need you to back me up. Worst half medal so far?

Sorry, but in order to reply I just looked at the other three. Worst half medal goes to the 2016 inaugural. And I like the addition of Minnie.

I like the lion king 5K medal and am really glad I got a bib during the last bib only sale (when I booked my package I had been told there were no more 5K bibs?!)

RunningKoen

I'm not a fan of either the cartoon style nor the addition of Minnie. Both are different from the consistent three medals before. Also, using that much colour on a china made medal?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom